Wearing stockings

foxylady

This is mainly a question to the female readers. I sometimes use to wear tights when wearing High heeled shoes or boots, because this makes that the shoes is much more snug around my feet. This is how I feel it. Now recently I tried a pair of stockings. (I heard an old trick, when one stocking is gone you only need to throw this one away and keep theother until you have another pair. And so on....) I have managed to put them on with suspenders and they feel lovely. I love it, but where the stocking is not hold up, thus the inner leg, the stocking tend to rol down. Is there a trick to it, so they don't roll down and form a kind of thick line on wathever you wear above the stockings and garderbeld. FL

FoxyLady

Hi,

I don't wear them myself but am a big fan of ladies in stockings. You can by suspender belts with more straps 6+.

Go have a look on www.stockingshq.com, they have a male forum and no doubt you can pick up good avice from there.

SW

Honestly a girl can't have too many shoes!

I got to wear a suspender belt with 14 straps the other day! It was crazy. Mind you, the stockings stayed up perfectly :smile:

Hi Sarah Lou,

What stockings were being kept up by such a secure belt?

SW

Just my usual ones, they are old style fully fashioned nylons, skin coloured with black seam - it was just the thrill of wearing such a 'secure' belt that was so fun..dodnt suppose many stockings really need more than a 4 strap to stay up! maybe three...but 14 certainly took its time to put on!

Just my usual ones, they are old style fully fashioned nylons, skin coloured with black seam - it was just the thrill of wearing such a 'secure' belt that was so fun..dodnt suppose many stockings really need more than a 4 strap to stay up! maybe three...but 14 certainly took its time to put on!

I think it makes sense to have 6 straps from the convesations I've had with ladies, mental clasps make a big diiference too. Contrast seamed stockings always look good, both sexy and stylish.

• 4 weeks later...

I know you asked mainly for a female response but I hope you don't mind my input here. Stockings and garters are fun to wear but I have to agree that sometimes the tops don't stay up because there are only two clasps to keep them in place. Also since we don't have that hourglass figure that women have garter belts don't stay up either. You might want to try stockings that are designed to stay up on their own, they are called "stayups". They have a tight elastic at the top that holds really well, I've had them stay in place all day. However the trick is you need to have your legs shaved, at least at the top, for them to stay up for any length of time.

Hi Cuteshoes.

As promised, here is my outcome of me trying.

I have bought a pair of stayups, shaved the legs and they stay up perfectly. I already wore them for a whole day, walking around and even went to the shop with them on, they stayed.

Thank you for the tip

FL

FoxyLady

• 1 month later...

I love the feel of stockings but they're not always as convenient as convenient as tights because of the constant need for adjustment. A garter belt is the only way to get them to stay up at all. I prefer to wear my knickers over the garter belt to help hold it up. A corset or basque with built in suspenders is the most practical soloution . Don't make the harter straps to tight or you can't sit down and they may ping off if you do. Hold ups, pfft, they don't stay up unless they have a vulcan grip of death. Ignore the advertizing. It's true what Foxylady said about odd stockings, I have a drawer full that I sort through and try and pair when I'm desperate. I can rarely get the tops to match but then people rarely get to see them. So if the tops of your stockings are still getting in a mess after you've tried all these then welcome to the club.:santa_hat:

Amanda, My wife uses a belt from StockingsHQ with 6 straps and metal clasps. Before she found this belt she used the normal M&S offerings and although a diehard stocking wearer always had problems. Since the new belt appeared in the scene, she has thrown all her M&S belts away. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Is that the Kiss Me Deadly belt that she got from StockingsHQ? I bought one a few months ago and I've not worn another belt since. It does the job brilliantly and really fits in with the vintage look that I go for since it sits in the natural waist. Very Ms Page :santa_hat:

Cinnamon, Indeed, its a nice treat for me most evenings :w00t2: One thing I have noticed since she started wearing the belt, the front clasps are a little further in than on a four strap, so the tell-tale bump isn't visible on the skirt now. Sure there is one at the side, but the seam hides that quite effectively. As she sometimes wears tights :santa_hat: I am now "in the dark", so to speak. I have gven her true nylon RHT that she wore once, but didn't get on with them, probably due to the poor quality of the belts she used before. Maybe now is a good time to get another pair for her :nervous: Amanda - Tee Hee. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

the clasps are metal too, so none of this nonsense with plastic clasps breaking or just being too fiddly to do up.

Yeah I've noticed that the little plastic ones where designed by someone with short nails.

I will have a look at these garterbelts as well. I have to admit that the stay-ups are only good for a while andyou cannot wash them properly.... The silicon band tend to melt....

I let you know how it goes.

FL

They are fairly useless indeed, however washing them at a low temperature will help to extend the life of the band.