Everyday shoes

pieman3141

OK I know many of you guys wear heels daily, or something like that. However, for those that don't wear heels daily, what do you wear? Personally, I wear runners, or them trail runners (a hybrid of runners and hiking boots). Or Reef shoes, cuz they;re comfortable, and they allow me to run a LOT (I do a lot of running now).

OK I know many of you guys wear heels daily, or something like that. However, for those that don't wear heels daily, what do you wear?

Normal business shoes... stuff that fits under a suit.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

heres a picture of my shoes

Posted Image

they are Osiris D3's (Osiris makes skateboarding shoes btw)

Wow... this stuff hasn't hit this side of the Atlantic yet. Looks like Star Trek gear to me on the first glance.

On the second, I could get used to that look, tho.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

They're comfy. Very comfy. And people are getting on the skater/punker bandwagon now. It's all crao, though, that corporate punk stuff. Gimme real punk any day. ^^^ No, I don't want to hijack the thread.

Weekdays, it's whatever looks good under a suit, unless it's a casual site. Weekends, it's whatever looks good under jeans, which at the moment is a pair of basic slip-on trainers or my big chunky CAT boots. I've been known to get my ten year old Doc Marten's out sometimes as well. Actually, I once saw DM's with a heel on - about a 1.5" heel, and around 1" square. They looked great, but this was a long time before I found out I could just do it. Damn. All those years wasted. If I wasn't feeling like absolute **** over something else, I'd be feeling down about that.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Loafers for me also. Usually from Next or Brantano with an inch or 2 inch heel. I also prefer the style of womens loafers - they dont resemble the mens boats the manufacturers seem to think we like to wear. :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

tennis shoes for me in truth, even if wearing heels was an option for me, i probably wouldn't. although i like wearing heels and dresses, i like wearing t-shirts, denim shorts and tennis shoes even more.

the truth shall make you fret

• 2 months later...

I have to wear much more regulation type of shoes at work, but tomorrow I'm going to try wearing a pair of 2 1/2" heeled ankle boots. They have rubber capped heels so they will not advertise my coming. Hopefully they will not cause a fuss because I have a similar pair with 3" heels but are more obviously fem. Wish me luck.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine... just act normal and no-one will suspect anything, unless they're capable of measuring a 2.5inch height difference with one glance of the eye! Anyway... enjoy yourself! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Dr. Shoe wrote: "Steel toe safety boots. " hmmmm! I remember seeing some steel toe safety boots with high heels for sale on eBay about a year ago. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well the day is over and I must say it went rather well. At one point during the day I had to walk past the receptionist to get some supplies. There were maybe 4 other people standing around and talking with her. Just as I started to enter the supply room one lady said out loud to me "Agnes, thinks you are wearing girls shoes because of the heels?" I pulled up the leg of my slacks and said they are just ankle boots. by this time she was about 5 feet away when she stopped and looked closely, she then turned to Agnes and told her "see they are just boots". No one else said anything for the rest of the day. I think I will wear them off and on for a while letting people get used to them and then I will start alternating with the 3" pumps. My pants leg covers almost the entire top of the shoe anyway, so we will just have to wait and see how it goes. Thanks to all of you for giving me the confidence to wear them out.