Decisions...

radiodave

Since the wife got a new pair of shoes (see here, I figured she wouldn't mind if I got a pair myself. The funny thing is, when I tried them on in the store, absolutely NOBODY gave it a second thought, even the lady browsing through with her daughter. I got home, and just started imagining...

Maybe it's time to "test the waters" in the real world.

What do you think of this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8124288@N06/1218128206/

Check out my other pictures of me wearing the same outfit with different shoes.

I've just got this urge to wear that outfit to the mall Saturday, and if I'm feeling really gutsy, maybe even walk into Macy's and try on a pair of these:

Posted Image

Trouble is, the price tag on those is a little more shocking than a guy in heels, I think.8)

Comments? I'm not too worried about the length of time or the walking, they are very easy to wear.

I think the outfit would look more sophisticated with longer pants and black sheer hose (which would also help to hide your abundant leg hair). Give it some thought. It's just my opinion, intended to be constructive. GWL

radiodave: I would agree that longer pants would work better with that outfit. And opt for dress pants instead of jeans, black too, that would look good and stylish with the shirt and jacket combination. Oh, and thrown in some sheer off-black hosiery, or if you're receptive to this suggestion, and it's feasible, paint your toenails if you're going to sport open toe shoes. By all means, keep us posted on your progress.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Since the wife got a new pair of shoes (see here, I figured she wouldn't mind if I got a pair myself. The funny thing is, when I tried them on in the store, absolutely NOBODY gave it a second thought, even the lady browsing through with her daughter. I got home, and just started imagining...

Maybe it's time to "test the waters" in the real world.

What do you think of this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8124288@N06/1218128206/

Check out my other pictures of me wearing the same outfit with different shoes.

I've just got this urge to wear that outfit to the mall Saturday, and if I'm feeling really gutsy, maybe even walk into Macy's and try on a pair of these:

Posted Image

Trouble is, the price tag on those is a little more shocking than a guy in heels, I think.:unsure:

Comments? I'm not too worried about the length of time or the walking, they are very easy to wear.

Allow me as a stubborn high heels wearer a moderate answer. Patent leather peep toe pumps are in my opinion not the right choice for a first outing of a guy on high heels. That's my opinion and naturally not a truth which is valid for everyone. In my experience classical true leather pumps with a moderate heel height or boots with broader heels will find much more acceptance in real life. Here in the forum we are a bunch of similar minded guys but this forum is definetely not the reality on the street. In your place I would try to switch one gear back 8)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Definitely try on the patent heels at Macy's. A few weeks ago I bought patent pumps at Nine West and tried them on in the store. Actually the sales lady recommended them to me after I tried on other shoes which didn't fit. If you are uncomfortable at all, just wear a less discernible pair of heels to the store. But do try on the patents. You will love them.