September weekday heel-meet

euchrid

There'd been some discussion about this in the 'UK lunch time meet (Reading)' thread but not much has happened on it in the last few weeks.

Bluewater Shopping Centre had been suggested: http://www.bluewater.co.uk/

Anyone fancy spending a "long summer evening" there?

There's plenty of shoe shopping choice by the look of it -

Aldo; Animal; Barratts; Clarks; David & Goliath; Dolcis; Dune; Evans; Faith; Fiorelli; Geox; Hargreaves; Hobbs; House of Fraser; John Lewis; Jones Bootmaker; Joseph; Karen Millen; L K Bennett; Laura Ashley; Marks & Spencer; Massimo Dutti; Mr Shoes; Murphy and Nye; Next; Nine West; Office; Ravel; Russell & Bromley; Schuh; SheRunsHeRuns; Shoon; Urban Outfitters; Vibe; Wallis; Zara

My suggested date for this meet is Friday 14th Sept but I'm open to other date suggestions. Come to that, i'm open to other venue suggestions too.

So... any takers??? 8)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Aldo; Animal; Barratts; Clarks; David & Goliath; Dolcis; Dune; Evans; Faith; Fiorelli; Geox; Hargreaves; Hobbs; House of Fraser; John Lewis; Jones Bootmaker; Joseph; Karen Millen; L K Bennett; Laura Ashley; Marks & Spencer; Massimo Dutti; Mr Shoes; Murphy and Nye; Next; Nine West; Office; Ravel; Russell & Bromley; Schuh; SheRunsHeRuns; Shoon; Urban Outfitters; Vibe; Wallis; Zara

WOW ! ! All these shoe shops in One Shopping Center !?!?

Imagine if they all carried larger sizes.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

WOW ! ! All these shoe shops in One Shopping Center !?!?

Imagine if they all carried larger sizes.

Some do.

Aldo go up to 42 in selected styles, Barratts tend to run big, Clarks do UK9s as do Dolcis, Evans go up to UK10 but run large so that the 10s are closer to 11s, Jones do 9s, as do LK Bennett and, Marks and Spencer (their 8s are 42s=9), Next go up to 9 (43), Russell and Bromley tend to be generous as do some Zara styles.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm up for it. I was going to kick off a thread on this. I can't do Friday 14th or any of the days in the fortnight before that though. I can do any day in the fortnight after that apart from one of the Wednesdays. Either of the Thursdays or Fridays in the fortnight after September 14th would be ideal.

Bluewater is the wrong side of London for a Friday nights traffic round the M25. It would take me 2-3 hours to get there.

TBH, I'm easy about the venue. Bluewater would be a similar 3+ hour trek for me also.

As an alternative, how about Brent Cross shopping centre?

Failing that, we could do a 'Camden crawl' or investigate some other part(s) of Londinium.

For dates, I'm thinking Fri 21st Sept (I've booked it off work already!)

Any other takers for this meet?

Brent Cross or the Galleria would be much better for me but of course they are not nearly so large as Bluewater, and North London is further away for some people. Camden in the evening is nice. I went to Brighton two weeks ago on Friday and they closed the M25 for ten hours that day. I left at 3.30 and didn't get there till 8.15 so it took me almost 5 hours.

It took me all day to get from Barking to Crawley on that day, normally it takes an hour. I left at 7 am and they actually had to call the customer and ask for someone to wait for me so that they could unload! How about Lakeside as an alternative?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

So, any decisions been made about this yet? I'm still keen as mustard, personally. Also happy to change the date to Fri 14th Sept if it suits others better. I spent last friday wandering around the shoe shops of Watford to investigate future heelmeet possibilities there. There was a fair few big names on offer - Next, New Look, River Island, Faith, Dune, Schuh, etc. Their Debenhams only had a small shoe selection though. I did no trying on myself as I had Captain Paranoia on my shoulder all day 8) . I had a few furtive rummages though (oo-er). In Stead & Simpson, i'm sure the female assistant hid herself behind a display rack to keep an eye on me. She's obviously never seen a bloke in the women's dept. before!