8 months in heels, now permanent!

highheeltrained

This issue is leading always again to the question: what is rational or reasonable? The answers of the orthopaedists are too simple. They only see the possible damage to the feet but they don't care for other aspects. The neurologists are caring for your brain but are neglecting your psyche. The psychologists are the worst pack - they don't respect your own will. They altogether claimed always to know what is healthy and what is ill. Only fifty years ago homosexuality and transsexuality were considered as disease. Many doctors in the 60ies believed to be progressive when declaring their patients(!) as ill because nobody can't be punished for his disease. We altogether were deported in the Germany of the 40ies as perverts to a concentration camp or even to the gas chambers of Auschwitz. Nowadays that's luckily bad history. I accept highheeledtrained's wish to wear high heels forever. He has made up his decision and I have to respect him. I'm not applauding because I still want to be capable of doing hiking or climbing tours in the mountains. But my tattoo is forever. Meanwhile I have stretched my earlobes up to 0.8 cm. I can't really explain why I'm doing this. When cruising on the "bad" canadian websites I simply felt that I want to wear also ear tunnels. I have set a personal limit of 1 cm. I think that modest styles are looking nice. May be that "highheeltrained" has forgotten the option to say: until here and then stop! There will never be a tattoo in my face - simply my personal limit 8) Besides I don't believe that it's so easy to get chained to high heels forever. I had never any problems with walking one day on 5.5'' heels and the other day on flat sneakers. I'm an oldie who started his high heels career at an age of 48. I can't imagine that a young guy couldn't do the same. Highheeltrained, you are feeling hurt on flat shoes because you like it. It's the fantasy in your brain to be forever chained to high heels :unsure:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

HHTrained, I respect your achievements and the photos look great. I too would like to wear heels forever and have been wearing quite high heels for many years so I know how hard it is to build up the ability to walk these shoes with style and confidence. What I don't understand is why you can't come down off them after such a short time (8 months is not that long in a hh wearing lifetime). I can go from flats up to 6-7inchs just fine and if I am honest I can say I only noticed shortening of my calf muscles/ archilles tendons after say 2 years... and it is this shortening that is the permanent damage. Now I stretch my legs regularly, and sport etc.. has meant that since I became aware of this I don't think it has become any worse. I just question how rapidly it has happened for you? And it is also easily avoidable. Given the speed at which it has developed may be you should be especially careful? Sorry - I don't want to be a nag but I wouldn't want a fellow heeler to go down a path that could have been avoided. If surgery is ever required to fix something, more often than not high heels are off the shoe list forever after - and that's no fun. regards Heel-Lover

hi heelers, What I eayler said let him be. If I had age and I want to change and had to permenty in heels, I should chose for that. no matter no climbing, diving or other things. Who is to tell somone other what do. I"m wearing my 7"heels any time when at home. love klaasje

I think the reason its taken such a short time is because there was very rare occasions where i wasn't wearing heels for a short matter of time and I have never worn heels under 5" and even then its for only certian occasions but 95% of the time Im in 5.5" heels and I dont do any stretching or flatting of my feet. I even have a pair I wear while sleeping and a pair for the shower. I now can not wear any heels under 4" with out being in alot of pain, if I try to go flat, i fear that my calf muscles will rip. But I am happy with the results.

Hey, if it works for you and your g/f, go with it. If in the future you decide to go back you can do some stretching. Just curious though, have you already reached your goal, or do you have future goals for heel wearing?

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 4 years later...