Tall teenage girl - large size shoes

Puffer

On 12 July, ITV1 in the UK showed a documentary about three very tall teenagers. One was a pretty and self-assured girl from Benenden, Kent, named Tara Savage. Tara had just turned 13 and was 6ft 1in tall and was wearing around size 11 UK in shoes. (Medical opinion was that she would probably grow no taller than 6ft 3in – quite a relief to Tara and her mother, who had feared she might end up nearer 7ft.)

One sequence showed Tara and her mother calmly visiting a shop that supplied clothes and shoes for transvestites and therefore stocked shoes in sizes large enough for Tara – almost her only source of shoes to fit her, according to mum. Apparently, the shop was Fantasy Girl in Folkestone and showed Tara being served by a transvestite, whilst another TV ‘customer’ enquired about shoes – although the Fantasy Girl forum suggests that the whole thing was stage-managed and the customer was a drag artist hired by the programme makers. Nevertheless, the sequence came over as sympathetic and without anyone being ridiculed. The shop manager said that stocks were erratic because her main supplier, in Leicester (Hayway?) had gone out of business and another had been taken over by a tutu manufacturer!

Mum said that Tara’s boarding school allowed the girls to wear court shoes although (unsurprisingly) the heels could not be too high. Tara was shown trying courts and sandals with stilettos 3 – 4” high and apparently bought some. It was interesting (and perhaps inspiring) to see that a very tall teenage girl found help from a shop selling female shoes intended for men and was, despite her height, willing (and seemingly keen) to wear something other than flatties. I wonder how often other women buy ‘men’s female’ shoes, whether from choice or necessity?

Our population keeps getting taller and taller with every next generation, at work one of the new HR people just graduated from Ucon. She and I were at an orientation meeting, I arived into the room and she was allready sititng down. Later in the meeting I noticed her heels and brefly looked at them, she noticed that I was looking and quietly laughed. I just ingnored her, and noted to my self this one love to wear heels and knows that men look a lot at her a lot. Any way I noticed even though she was sitting down that she was tall and athletic as her ancles were rather large. I geused that her shoe zice were around 11,12 womens. After the meeting she stood up and was standing over 6' 6" in 4" stellto heels and I am 6' 2"...........looking up at her!! :wavey: I later found out she played B-ball at Ucon. :smile: If they want to were heels it's by choice, where they get them? Does it matter? I mean they wear our pants, and shop in the men's section all the time. So why not shop at TV store as well?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I honestly don't know what to think at times. Some time back I was shopping in a thrift store when I came across a beautiful pair of blue 4" mules in about a US size 14 (much too large for me). My first thought was: these shoes belonged to a man. But then I got to thinking: what if they belonged to a really large woman? If they were a woman's shoes, she would have had to have been 6'2", at least.:smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Heel toe, I gave her the basic idea years ago, telling her that as a tall woman she'll need to wear tall heels to look the right proportions - especially since her build is a bit like mine - a longer proportional torso. So like me she likes to wear long legged flair or boot cut jeans with heels. (though my preference is in unknown to her)

On 12 July, ITV1 in the UK showed a documentary about three very tall teenagers. One was a pretty and self-assured girl from Benenden, Kent, named Tara Savage. Tara had just turned 13 and was 6ft 1in tall and was wearing around size 11 UK in shoes. (Medical opinion was that she would probably grow no taller than 6ft 3in – quite a relief to Tara and her mother, who had feared she might end up nearer 7ft.)

One sequence showed Tara and her mother calmly visiting a shop that supplied clothes and shoes for transvestites and therefore stocked shoes in sizes large enough for Tara – almost her only source of shoes to fit her, according to mum. Apparently, the shop was Fantasy Girl in Folkestone and showed Tara being served by a transvestite, whilst another TV ‘customer’ enquired about shoes – although the Fantasy Girl forum suggests that the whole thing was stage-managed and the customer was a drag artist hired by the programme makers. Nevertheless, the sequence came over as sympathetic and without anyone being ridiculed. The shop manager said that stocks were erratic because her main supplier, in Leicester (Hayway?) had gone out of business and another had been taken over by a tutu manufacturer!

Mum said that Tara’s boarding school allowed the girls to wear court shoes although (unsurprisingly) the heels could not be too high. Tara was shown trying courts and sandals with stilettos 3 – 4” high and apparently bought some. It was interesting (and perhaps inspiring) to see that a very tall teenage girl found help from a shop selling female shoes intended for men and was, despite her height, willing (and seemingly keen) to wear something other than flatties. I wonder how often other women buy ‘men’s female’ shoes, whether from choice or necessity?

I am somewhat suprised that the girls mother was not aware of all the different outlets that could have supplied her daughter with fashionable street style large size shoes other than a shop for TS/TV's who's range is in the main fetish styles, she obviously doesnt use the internet. Magnus, TallGirls, Long Tall Sally, Evans (their 10's can normally fit a standard 11 and sometimes a UK12) or even Ebay. I can only think that she wanted somewhere local so they could be tried on in person but surely there must have been an Evans in their area. It seems that when i read stories of women who have shoe sizes out of the normal range, they live in trainers or mens shoes and have have no idea of the increasing number of outlets that could cater to them.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I am somewhat suprised that the girls mother was not aware of all the different outlets that could have supplied her daughter with fashionable street style large size shoes other than a shop for TS/TV's .

You are quite right, barney - I was equally surprised when I saw the programme. Tara's mother appeared very sensible and caring and I would have expected her to have made a few successful enquiries about sources of large-sized shoes, internet or otherwise. As you suggest, Evans is never far away and some Barratts branches do the large sizes too; both have outlets within reach of Tara in Bendenden. The mother did make a reference to the fetish shop being one of two possible sources of shoes; I wonder what the other was?