My Theory

Tljakes

You know the old argument many women has that heels just don't look good on men, and that men shouldn't wear skirts or any other female garment for that matter? We'll I have a theory about the whole issue they have with men invading fashion previously known to be a women's only domain. It goes like this: When women started to invade politics and the male dominated work arena and decided that they could also have a career. Men where heavily opposed to the idea. Or at least most of the men where opposed to the idea. Men felt afraid about this new threat that is busy invading their domain and they reacted negatively to the changes women where looking for. Men felt they would now be seen as lesser men. Women persisted and men just had to fall in or fall out. Now the seasons are changing and women are facing the opposite of the coin. Men are starting to invade what women thought is their domain. Men are invading their fashion, women as men before them are afraid of this new threat and also feel that if men are starting to wear things women proclaimed their own, they will now be seen as lesser women. I predict that men will persist and the traditional idea that heels and skirts for women only will leave women resisting change with the decision to either fall in or fall out...... Let's hope their vanity will survive, (No pun intended)

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

You know the old argument many women has that heels just don't look good on men, and that men shouldn't wear skirts or any other female garment for that matter?

We'll I have a theory about the whole issue they have with men invading fashion previously known to be a women's only domain.

It goes like this:

When women started to invade politics and the male dominated work arena and decided that they could also have a career. Men where heavily opposed to the idea. Or at least most of the men where opposed to the idea. Men felt afraid about this new threat that is busy invading their domain and they reacted negatively to the changes women where looking for. Men felt they would now be seen as lesser men. Women persisted and men just had to fall in or fall out.

Now the seasons are changing and women are facing the opposite of the coin. Men are starting to invade what women thought is their domain. Men are invading their fashion, women as men before them are afraid of this new threat and also feel that if men are starting to wear things women proclaimed their own, they will now be seen as lesser women. I predict that men will persist and the traditional idea that heels and skirts for women only will leave women resisting change with the decision to either fall in or fall out......

Let's hope their vanity will survive, (No pun intended)

AHEM! So sorry, TLJakes, but you seem to have missed a very important point. In reality, it is not men who are invading the women's domain. On the contrary, it was women who have invaded and taken over the domain of men. Only now that men, like myself, are seeking to reassert ourselves and take back what was rightly ours in the first place, the women are up in arms about it!

Well as far as I'm concerned, that's just too bad. When women quit wearing men's clothing and start becoming more feminine - they'll start being more becoming. In the meanwhile, I'll be coming to the the stores to buy heels and skirts and anything else that suits me.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

AHEM! So sorry, TLJakes, but you seem to have missed a very important point. In reality, it is not men who are invading the women's domain. On the contrary, it was women who have invaded and taken over the domain of men. Only now that men, like myself, are seeking to reassert ourselves and take back what was rightly ours in the first place, the women are up in arms about it!

Well as far as I'm concerned, that's just too bad. When women quit wearing men's clothing and start becoming more feminine - they'll start being more becoming. In the meanwhile, I'll be coming to the the stores to buy heels and skirts and anything else that suits me.

What you said is absolutely true, but through the eyes of the modern women, skirts, heels, hose,wigs and makeup are theirs, without question, so we'll leave it at that secretly knowing that it's the male of the species in nature that's the most flamboyant and most colorful

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

Actually it's what we call trouser tyranny. Women want it all and want men to have nothing except a uniform.

Many moons ago I was told that women are nuts about uniforms - I just didn't understand or appreciate the depth of meaning behind it at the time.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Actually it's what we call trouser tyranny. Women want it all and want men to have nothing except a uniform.

I don't think that it's because of what women want. I think that's because (macho) men oppress themselves as a whole, they think that they don't have to care about their attractivity because it's a "female thing", and the old "boys don't [cry/ play with dolls/ etc., choose fairly anything]" kicks in. It's just plain indoctrination.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I don't think that it's because of what women want. I think that's because (macho) men oppress themselves as a whole, they think that they don't have to care about their attractivity because it's a "female thing", and the old "boys don't [cry/ play with dolls/ etc., choose fairly anything]" kicks in. It's just plain indoctrination.

I'm not so sure that's true. If a woman turns up at a party where there's a woman in an identical dress it's a major disaster. Men are actually expected to wear the same outfits...

Gradually women are taking away the fashions of men.

In the 70s men wore platforms (all men wore them!). This time they came around and they were exclusively women's boots. Ugg boots were originally men's boots, now they're only for girls. Try buying a pair of cowboy boots if you don't live in the southern US...!

Women would love us to stop wearing jeans but we can use the same excuse that they use for wearing them!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

But "something happened" and men generally stopped wearing what they used to. Talk about fur coats (a whole lot of guys wore them before the war), knee-high boots (ditto) and so on- I wonder why... For me, it's just a sign of cowardice for guys to abandon some styles, fashions etc. just because women wear that too- instead of defending the style.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

i believe that even though late in the 15 century men wore heels and wigs, and even further more the romans and the greek wore dress like robes and skirts, thanks to marketing, latex, baywatch and playboy high heels and skirts have been used to create a very sexy womanlike image, so if you se a man wearing heels today, it kind of doesn't make any sense, on one hand because we're not recieving enough sponsorship, we need david beckham wearing them so women feel its fashionable, on the other hand i agree with the fact that most of the times men do have better shaped legs, and hence forth look better in heels and skirts, in fact it's how women would love to look like, so as they can't, they do feel their personal self stolen, lets say their identity.

you can be damn sure a lot of guys havnt got the "balls" to wear skirts OR heels (not always in that order of ocourse) even though they would probably like to (talk about secrets) but would NEVER admit it! youll hear denial from them EVERY time too. (talk about clones or drones)

This is where the trouser tyranny comes in, men wouldn't dare even consider heels of skirts... Also, do you think that the average guy is afraid of being laughed at...?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This is where the trouser tyranny comes in, men wouldn't dare even consider heels of skirts...

Also, do you think that the average guy is afraid of being laughed at...?

Fear of being laughed-at is exactly why some people's lives are run by a committee called "they".;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

You know the old argument many women has that heels just don't look good on men, and that men shouldn't wear skirts or any other female garment for that matter?

We'll I have a theory about the whole issue they have with men invading fashion previously known to be a women's only domain.

It goes like this:

When women started to invade politics and the male dominated work arena and decided that they could also have a career. Men where heavily opposed to the idea. Or at least most of the men where opposed to the idea. Men felt afraid about this new threat that is busy invading their domain and they reacted negatively to the changes women where looking for. Men felt they would now be seen as lesser men. Women persisted and men just had to fall in or fall out.

Now the seasons are changing and women are facing the opposite of the coin. Men are starting to invade what women thought is their domain. Men are invading their fashion, women as men before them are afraid of this new threat and also feel that if men are starting to wear things women proclaimed their own, they will now be seen as lesser women. I predict that men will persist and the traditional idea that heels and skirts for women only will leave women resisting change with the decision to either fall in or fall out......

Let's hope their vanity will survive, (No pun intended)

Hi Tljakes,

I have another theory: we guys tend to be our own enemies. When wearing high heels on the street I earned always the worst comments from macho guys. And women in their job are earning often the worst attacks from macho guys. I would never trust in male solidarity if high heels, navel piercings, crossdressing or homosexuality is on topic ...

The girls are simply doing what we guys all could do in the same way. But mostly we don't dare to do it because of the fear of our own male breed. For example conservative managers at our working place, aggressive young males - hanging around on the street and last but not least: the barrier in our own brain ;)

Teenie girls are sometimes silly giggling behind me but from adult women I have never heard a bad comment. Thighbootguy is reporting in his thread similar experiences.

nice greetings

micha (*please no gender war again*)

PS: Are the girls guilty that no one guy dares a tribal hip tattoo over the ass ??? Tattooing was in the western world traditionally a male thing.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 3 weeks later...

you can be damn sure a lot of guys havnt got the "balls" to wear skirts OR heels (not always in that order of ocourse) even though they would probably like to (talk about secrets) but would NEVER admit it!...

Isn't it interesting how the pendulum swings? Men around the world have worn skirts since before the time of Alexander the Great. But today most are too ashamed to put one on and say, "Well Alexander wore one!"

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

I think its because a lot of men havent the bollox to say hello this is me.

I don't care a whit what all the women in the world think of my fashion choices. For all the women who want to keep the power of being sexual/sensual/alluring to themselves, there are plenty others who welcome the men who are coming to embrace values traditionally held by women-- they find that there is the opportunity of greater sympathy, understanding, and rapport. It is other men, the ones who already feel threatened and on very shaky ground as they see their traditional roles changing and disappearing, one of whom may feel impelled to "do something about it," that I fear. The last time I was shopping for groceries and feeling jealous of the women in heels, I only had to look about and see walking about a mean and scruffy-looking prototype of the redneck straight out of "Ol' West Virginney" to have a second think. That has nothing to do with bollox (or macho) and everything to do with real vulnerability-- some of us are just not cut out to be warriors. If you feel that the only rights a person should have are the ones he can individually defend and fight for, what's the point of having a society in the first place?

the old argument many women has that heels just don't look good on men, and that men shouldn't wear skirts or any other female garment for that matter?

Hmmmmm, dunno about that...

I'm not so sure that's true. If a woman turns up at a party where there's a woman in an identical dress it's a major disaster. Men are actually expected to wear the same outfits...

!

This is because women are seen as decoration. Men, who think serious thoughts and do serious business must not have their minds occupied by such shallow issues as clothing and self presentation.

This is because women are seen as decoration. Men, who think serious thoughts and do serious business must not have their minds occupied by such shallow issues as clothing and self presentation.

That is certainly the "spin" that angry feminists put on it; I prefer to look at that from a more neutral rather than an oppressor/victim standpoint.

I think Joseph Campbell characterized our traditional gender roles (in terms of division of labor) most simply and completely by remarking that "men are the vehicles of the society, and women are the vehicles of life." According to this view, it is traditionally given to women to be sexy/sensual/seductive, and to men to be practical and utilitarian. Neither of these is more important or frivolous than the other, because the mating game is serious business. If you want to argue that a woman is being frivolous and decorative when she uses artifice to be attractive, then you have to admit that the man who pursues financial and social success for no other reason than to attract a mate is equally shallow. Women who maneuver to show to best advantage at social events are neither more nor less ridiculous than men who attempt to out-maneuver each other in the marketplace. As one wag put it (source unknown), "men go to work the way they go to war; women go to work the way they go to bed."

Rigid, stultifying gender roles are equal opportunity destroyers, favoring neither men nor women. Women have won for themselves the freedom to be practical and utilitarian, to compete in the marketplace and on the athletic field, without being regarded as less feminine and branded with such epithets as "butch," "dyke," and "mannish." Men have not always been restricted to being practical and utilitarian, and have had more freedom to express sensuality in different times and cultures. We are now in process of reclaiming the freedom to be sensual, sensitive, and emotional without being regarded as less masculine and branded with such epithets as "fairy," "sissy," "wuss," and "fagot."