New 7 1/2" D'Orsay Pumps

drumitt

Hi guys. My latest purchase is by far the most difficult footwear I've ever tried to walk in.

I wanted to get a D'Orsay style shoe so the true extent of the severe arch could be seen whilst wearing them. They look great on, but unfortunately are absolutely crippling! Not just the extreme heel height, but the toe box is very narrow; too narrow for me really. I bought these from a USA supplier and the make on the box is "The Highest Heel". The model name is "Worship". They are a size 12M US. Quality is OK with sturdy enough heel but just beware, they are are VERY narrow!

However, I'll grin and bear it and I always say, "no shoe will ever beat me!"

You may have recently seen me walking fairly succesfully in my 7" ankle boots in the "7" ankle boot" thread, but these D'Orsay things are so much harder. The extra 1/2" puts my ankles and arches just beyond what they can realistically cope with (at the moment), and the lack of ankle support or general security makes them real tough!

Here's a few links to some pictures of them, and yes, you'll just have to take my word for it that it is me that's wearing them.

The heel height if measured vertically from the ground on this size 12 is just a shade under 7 1/2" with no platform!!!!!!!

I'll do another couple of video clips in this thread once I can stumble along in them!

http://www.sliderphil.netfirms.com/schupics/DS7.JPG

http://www.sliderphil.netfirms.com/schupics/DS8.JPG

http://www.sliderphil.netfirms.com/schupics/DS17.JPG

Get up there guys and have some fun!!

I bought my wife a pair of those several years ago, exact same shoe only in a size 8 the heel was a little over 6 inches. About all she could do was get across the bedroom floor in them. I tried squeezing them on and Drumitt is right they are just about impossible to move in, no support hardly at all. If yours have a velcro ankle strap be careful or the velcro will rip right through nylons...I've always thought the D'Orsay style was one of the best looking. Have fun Wineandine

I have a pair of red oxfords with a 7" heel from "Highest Heel" in size 13. (normal size is 11,12) At that, the toe box is snug because the foot wants to slide forward. I can get around fine in 6 or 61/2 inch but these 7" are a whole nother level.

WOW! That takes some talent. Speaking of The Highest Heel, I really dislike this brand. The quality of the shoes are not worth the price. Also, I find the arch of their shoes to be odd, which makes it difficult to wear. I have bought 2 pairs of different styles over the years and have resold both of them because I did not like them. Nonetheless, if you can walk in those shoes of yours, teach me! lol

Yeah, knowing what I do now, I'd probably stay clear of that brand in the future too. However, no shoe will ever beat me and I will walk in those things, even if it is crippling! Shoes this high are just a bit of fun, but keeping on practicing in 7" or 7.5" heels really makes anything in the 5.5" range easy. Wearing a size 12 womens US, a 5.5" heel looks really great with the proportions of the length of my foot. Even a 4.5" can look a bit "flattish" or "stretched out" if you know what I mean? Having said all that, I still really like my 3" cowboy/girl? boots for great looks and comfort too. I'll have to take a couple of pics and post.

... However, no shoe will ever beat me and I will walk in those things, even if it is crippling!....

Hi drumitt,

two years ago I have won an auction in german Ebay on the same style. It were sandalettes from "The Highest Heels" in US size 13 with 19-cm-heels. Standing in them was still possible but after walking 5 steps I abandonned my kamikaze action ;)

Impossible for me to keep my knees straight and a hurting pressure on my footballs. After this adventure they disappeared forever in the deepest corner of my shoe closet. If anyone should be interested: I'll give them away for free! You have only to pay the freight from Germany and to post here a picture when you are walking on these killer heels :o:smile:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

If anyone should be interested: I'll give them away for free! You have only to pay the freight from Germany and to post here a picture when you are walking on these killer heels :o:smile:

Hi Micha,

I really like your proposal!! ;)

Can I see some pics of your "killer heels"??

Thanks

Filippo

I have a pair of red oxfords with a 7" heel from "Highest Heel" in size 13. (normal size is 11,12) At that, the toe box is snug because the foot wants to slide forward. I can get around fine in 6 or 61/2 inch but these 7" are a whole nother level.

I got myself a pair size 11 in white, and was surprised how comfortable they felt, until I stood up. I'm determined to be able to walk in them though, and I'm slowly getting used to the height.Posted Image

It's always amazing just how that little bit of extra height makes all the difference. When I first went from 4" to 5" ones, that ONE inch was like....whooooaaa....whhoooaaa.....then sat down. Took a LOT of getting used to that. I can only imagine how much difference there is going all the way up to 7 1/2". That must take TONS of practice to get used to those unless you're just naturally that limber. Good luck with the new oxfords, fiddler1307!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 3 weeks later...