Heeling Twice Today

HappyFeat

Today was a GREAT day! I have been "officially" heeling for about 10 years, though the first few years of those were kind of under the radar. I have, like a lot of us guys who love wearing heels slowly evolving into a comfort zone. I go out a few times a month, but nothing really big. But today I was in the mood for more. Yesterday, I bought several pair of (cheap) shoes. Normally I am a bit of a shoe snob, but I kind of threw caution to the wind. So, since I had just increaded my heel collection by about 8 new pairs I thought I would give them a try. Today, I drove to a nearby town (I usually don't heel in my hometown) and went to the mall there. I wore a horrizontally striped, multi-colored Gap wool sweater, a pair of new cargo pants, and my brown cordarory thrift store blazer. I topped it off with a pair of brown pumps with rounded toes and a "wing tip" design that I just bought at Target. I am not very good at judging heel size, but my guess is that they are about 4 inches. Since I am 6'2" in my bare feet, I know that I am very tall. I love being very tall. Anyway, I cruised the entire mall and wandered through the anchor stores. I stopped at the book store where I browsed for a while and eventually bought a wonderful astrology book. At the Bath and Body Works I picked up some bath and shower gell, lip gloss that my ex loved (I used to wear it as well and just because she isn't around anymore, why should I let my lips be chapped) and a fantastic little denim tote that I may use as a "man purse." Later I went to Peir One Imports where I browsed and talked to the (female) sales clerk for a while about their new line. During my afternoon excursion, nobody seemed to notice, or at least nobody noticed overtly. I did catch a few older women sneaking peaks and when I did, I would make eye contact and speak to them, as I would usually do. Again as usual, they would give dissaproving looks and move on to their business. My biggest observation today was that people are so caught up in their mundane existences that they don't even notcie something as extradonary as a guy in heels! From reading all of our postings, it is a fairly rare sight anyway. I mean there are some pretty remarkable things in the world happening if people can get off their cell phones or out of their own heads and come up for air occassionally. My other observation was that I wasn't the least bit nervous today. Even though I would consider myself a "seasoned heeler", I always get some nerves going. Again, as I have mentioned in my introduction and other postings, I live in an area where beer guts, ball caps, pickup trucks, and machismo lives. I know that being assulted is a real possibility just for being different. And when I say different it is any variation from the norm. But even with that threat, I gotta be who I am and who I am LOVES wearing heels! I had such a wonderful time today that I decided to give it another shot tonight. It was late when I decided to go out, around midnight. I wore my a black Clayborn sweater, Clayborn boot cut jeans that are beginning to fit me a bit loose since I have lost some weight, my black lambskin leather coat, and my new black faux eelskin pumps that I bought yesterday at the Shoe Carnival. They have an almost patent shine to them; tonight I wanted to be noticed. Since today was going so well, I broke my cardinal rule and went out in my hometown. I went to a local dance club that wasn't really happening. I had a couple of drinks (cranberry juice and sprite...staying sober because I was driving). I just sat at the bar and watched what was going on. The place is a real meat market for the middle aged set, so I just observed people out for a night of extended adolesence. There was nobody I was interested in talking to and nobody was dancing so I just quietly observed, doing my best not to attract too much attention unless I was comfortable from whom I was getting it from. Kind of funny since one of my goals was to be noticed. Well, anyway I was out, relaxed and just enjoying. Much too my suprise, when I walked out of the club, the whole place erupted in laughter! I cannot say beyond a reasonable doubt that it was because of my attire, but it is my hunch. Instead of feeling insulted, hurt, etc. I felt so great about it. If indeed I had been noticed, then I was noticed by everybody and they got to see a person who live outside their paradigm and makes their own choices. Like I said though the crowd was of a chronilogically mature are, they are mired in an extended adolecence that laughter would be their only way of processing what they felt from my appearance. After I left, I drove around a bit. I bought gas, nobody noticed. I stopped at another place and bought a bottle of water. Nobody noticed. Then feeling daring I stopped at a convienence store very near my house and decided to check things out. The store is more than just a convienince store actually. They serve food 24 hours a day and it is near three colleges, so on a friday about 2:30 AM, it gets a lot of traffic from the young party crowd. Usually, I would avoid this place in my heels basically because it is full of mainly young guys who when a bit tippsy (plastered) can be very aggressive. But tonight I decided to go anyway. It was kind of slow and right before I went in three girls went in and headed directly to the bathroom. They were pretty drunk and while I went to the bathroom I could hear them. I came out and went to get a bottle of water and one of the girls rushed to the cooler I was at. I let her go ahead of me and she commented that I was "quite the gentelman." I found this ironic since she thought I was a gentelman and I was standing there in three inch shiny black pumps. She check out ahead of me and I flirted with her a little. Even though she is likly nearly half my age, I thought what could it hurt. Well she and her friend checked out and went to their car. I thought that was a nice experience and didn't give any thought to her noticing my feet. So I got my water and headed to my car. When I got out to the lot, I heard he yell "Those are some great heels! Where did you get them?" Well after reading a post I read last week from one of us whom I apologize because I can't remember who wrote it about agoing out and trying on a woman's shoes he had me, Iwasn't going to pass this by. I went over to the car and asked if they liked my look. She said that it was sexy and any guy who can pull it off must be sexy! Well I flirted with her other friend as well. The sober girl driving was not as impressed as the others but I couldn't care less. They took out their cell phones and I posed for a few pictures for them. They told me where they will be tomorrow night and told me that I should go by and buy then each a drink. I may just do that. Instead of wearing my pumps I may go with a pair of boots, which is a little more conservative. Even though they siad I could get away with pumps at the bar, I learned a long time ago, never trust a drunk's fashion sense...LOL So, tomorrow night I may be having a drink with Amy, Casey and Beth. The ABC's I guess. Thanks to all of you who have shared your stories; they have all been quite inspiring to me. I think joining hhplace.org has already paid dividins beyond what I could have ever imagined. Peace, Tom

Style is built from the ground up!

Sounds like a great day. I have never been clubbing. My life style just doesn’t make it possible plus the fact that my dancing skills are non existent. I’m glad you walked out of the club with such a positive attitude, many others would have taken the patrons amusement as a reason for never going heeling again. Flirting with 20 year olds ( I looked up you age) ... more power to you. If the opportunity presents itself, you can tell A, B, and C that there are a bunch of other heel wearers that wish they could be with you. Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Geat night. I would have went back into the club where everyone laughed when you left and took a pole. Approve or not?

Yes, I should have done that now that you mention it! Something to chew on for the next time...

Style is built from the ground up!