High Heeled Training Diary #26 (with pictures)

Laurieheels

New shoes are wonderful.

Monday started off with new shoes! I was so excited that I put them on as soon as I arrived at work and found them there. I was going to wear my four inch patent sandals, but these were just too exciting to pass up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are Jante, five inch heel, black velvet, and just wonderful.

I wore them about six hours that monday. Yes, it goes against my rule of only wearing new shoes at home to break them in, but hey, they are exactly the style I love. See, my mother has a pair of suede pumps that I have always admired, and having something that is similar to them really makes me feel like I am her daughter. And as we mention my mother, I should note, she has found the web sites and seen my messages. She was amazed that I have posted 1200 messages on hhplace.org. She understands me a little better now, I think, and she does think I have some skill at writing...

Tuesday was my day off, and I kept to the four inch sandals. Why? Well, it was just that kind of day, out and about, and a bit warm, I needed something that went with my outfit. The velvet pumps were too classy. It was the last somewhat warm day for a while.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at work, I wore the new black velvet stilettos. Why? Well I love them. They are my favourite pair of shoes, and you can see why.

Wednesday they went with black sheer stockings and a short black skirt. Thursday, black heavy stockings, made from tights, with my grey power suit, short skirt and short jacket. Friday, black stockings again, with black pants, and because of the pants being a bit long I removed the ankle straps. Saturday required me to work for a few hours, and I had different black pants, but bare feet, and the pumps went without the ankle straps again. Two pairs in one makes this style so versatile!

Wednesday was nine hours in these shoes, Thursday was about twelve, maybe fourteen for Friday, and another eight for Saturday. I think my new shoes are broken in quite well.

I also think we can all see that a pair of black shoes really does have an effect on me. And Patent has become a bit boring for black.

I am still waiting for a nice day when I can wear the white 5.5 stilettos to work. But in Calgary, things have been quite cold. So much for summer! From a heat wave one week, to cold and rain the next. I still love living here despite this strange weather. Actually, the cold weather was good, I have not been able to wear stockings for months! Yes, even when faced with adversity, I do try and find something positive in the situation.

I only have a few weeks left before Labour Day, that wonderful day that says "no more wearing white!" and while I do not care much for the fashion rules, this is one I am aware of a little bit more. Unless we have another heat wave in September, the time for white shoes will have passed. Let's hope for a nice day where white stiletto pumps can take the stage!

As for today, it was quite cold and rainy, maybe +8 C at most outside. I was home for the most part, barefoot and feeling a bit cold. I made a great dinner, a spicy beef, carrot and green pepper dish, stir fried then braised, and served over basmati rice. But nothing of note happened on the shoe scene today, except for the pictures.

Since the patent stilettos need new tips, I think the new black velvet stilettos will get quite the wearing in this next week. If the weather perks up, other shoes may come into play, but at the very least, I should have a well heeled week at five inches.

I may not like work, but at least I can look good while doing it.

(Thanks to D-USA for hosting the pictures on such short notice, among other things...)

I don't usually wax effusive, but I REALLY like those shoes (on YOU, not me!), especially with the unusually wide strap. Would you have preferred suede leather (for durability and moulding ability)? :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

:smile: Those are great shoes! I can well see why you like them! I'd wear that kind of style, as a break from boots. I'm just a little shy of courts at the moment. And it's prodded me into getting my camera and some webspace sorted, and going for some pictures!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

This whole "non-white after Labor Day" is just plain SILLY! I like my white platforms with blue jeans, and am not really ready to conform to anyone else's policies regarding such. Just too too silly for me to follow...... :drinking:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Of course I am joking, I did wear white pants and my white stiletto mules after labour day last year, on a particularly hot day. :grin: Gee, why would I obey the rules? It is not my time to start. Of course, I tend to go for darker fashions when the weather gets colder, which then eliminates the pairing of white heels with the dark clothing. But on hot days, sure. And Az, regarding suede, well, when I can afford it I will get it, but for now, Velvet is an excellent substitute. :smile:

i agree, they are great looking shoes. i bought my s/o a pair of jante black velvet 5" pumps earlier in the year but without the ankle strap. they look great and of course they are comfortable. glad you like them. they look great on you :smile:

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

Nice shoes Laurie. What is this white hub bub all about any way? :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

It is so nice to see your stories and to see your progress towards 7-inch heels. You seem to have a good sense of style which will make it even more exciting to see the first pictures of you in nice clothes and 7 inch heels. I am still training in my 5,5 inch stillettos, the same model as Lauries latest (The Highest Heel) and it feels great to finally be able to walk in them. I can now walk down to the store and do some shopping and get back again, feels great. Yesterday I tried my first 6 inch heels on and believe it or not but I could walk in them. My knees were not completely straight but anyway it was a very nice feeling. And since they were slingbacks they were surprisingly comfortable without squeezeing my toes like the 5,5 inch does. I have also seen the new shoes at Punitiveshoes and would just love to hear from anybody who have ordered from them.