Just introducing myself!

Hi folks...

I am a 30 year old transplanted southern belle living in Alaska, happily married, mother of 2. I am also a "high priestess" of high heels. My shoe/boot collection is about 250 pairs at present, most of them have heels 5 inches or higher (without platform). You can usually find me hanging out on Bootshare.com. I also have my own yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/super_sexy_stilettos. My yahoo messenger ID is crystallynnheels76. Glad to be a part of this site!

http://bootshare.com/StreamFile?id=83738

welcome aboard high priestess of heels!! glad to have you in our midst!!! look forward to your contributions here! 250 plus pairs.. now that is a collection i'd be envious to get for my lady!!! one day.. one day!!!! i'll check your group out...

Is there any heel shopping in Alaska, or is it mostly by internet?

Hi Bob...

There are a few places here for heel shopping. We have one store here in Kodiak. There are quite a few in Anchorage and Fairbanks. That is about it.

Most of my heels came by mail order, because I usually get ones made in England and Europe. I used to buy from Little Shoe Box, now they are closed so I buy from Leatherworks UK, Burlesque Blue, and the High Heel Factory. I also have a great deal of vintage heels that I collected in the lower 48. Thanks for the question!

I imagine that Alaska is somewhat like Maine in that high heels are not as popular as they are in more urban parts of the country. Not the sort of thing you'd want to wear on a country road during mud season. Ayuh!!! (Actually, people from Maine seldom say Ayuh, but everybody thinks we do; so I sometimes play up to peoples' misconceptions.)