Star Trek Boots

mskim61

Did you mean the episode where Spock is wearing a beard and Uhura is hiding a knife in her thigh-high boot and slapping Sulu around?

The specific episode is "Mirror, Mirror" and it comes from the second season of the original series.

Have a happy time!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The specific episode is "Mirror, Mirror" and it comes from the second season of the original series.

The first season of TOS was good, but they really hit their stride in the second season. The plots were better, the costumes were better, everything just seemed to click a lot better.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, there's an episode on TNG where some high-heeled gal is trying to take over a planet. She has a cloaked ship in orbit and is using it to create earthquakes and generally inflict panic so she can scare the good folks into becoming her slaves. Does anyone have any details about this high-heeled gal, who seems to be able to come and go on the Enterprise as she pleases? :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

It sounds like you are describing the episode "Devil's Due" in the fourth season. The character was "Ardra", played by Marta Dubois and she was a con artist trying to take advantage of a mythical legend on the planet Ventax II. According to the legend, this "Ardra" had promised and delivered 1000 years of peace and tranquility in exchange for the servitude of the entire planet's population at the end of that time. And of course, the 1000 years was up. Through a legal maneuver she claimed the Enterprise crew too. Funny, I don't remember the heels in that episode. I'll have to break out the DVD and re-run it!

Have a happy time!

It sounds like you are describing the episode "Devil's Due" in the fourth season. The character was "Ardra", played by Marta Dubois and she was a con artist trying to take advantage of a mythical legend on the planet Ventax II. According to the legend, this "Ardra" had promised and delivered 1000 years of peace and tranquility in exchange for the servitude of the entire planet's population at the end of that time. And of course, the 1000 years was up. Through a legal maneuver she claimed the Enterprise crew too.

Funny, I don't remember the heels in that episode. I'll have to break out the DVD and re-run it!

Yeah, man! That's the one!:smile: Check it out, for sure. Ardra is strutting around in heels and beaming onto and off the Enterprise at will. At one point she even makes the Enterprise disappear. But perhaps the funniest scene is when Jean-Luc suddenly finds himself on a science station with no clothes and is asking someone to bring him a uniform.:sad:

BTW, With or without heels, Marta ain't a bad looking chick! :wavey:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Yeah, man! That's the one!:smile: Check it out, for sure. Ardra is strutting around in heels and beaming onto and off the Enterprise at will. At one point she even makes the Enterprise disappear. But perhaps the funniest scene is when Jean-Luc suddenly finds himself on a science station with no clothes and is asking someone to bring him a uniform.:sad:

BTW, With or without heels, Marta ain't a bad looking chick! :wavey:

Yup, sho'nuff! We only get a couple of glimpses of them but they are some pretty decent boots!

That is funny when the captain suddenly appears in the science station in his jammies.

Have a happy time!

Yup, sho'nuff! We only get a couple of glimpses of them but they are some pretty decent boots!

That is funny when the captain suddenly appears in the science station in his jammies.

One thing that's never really made clear is how she's able to seemingly take control of the Enterprise. :wavey: She beams on and off like there's a revolving door on the ship, and she somehow disables the internal sensors and even traps Jean-Luc in his own quarters. If it's all sleight-of-hand - she's quite adroit. But it's never really explained.:smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

One thing that's never really made clear is how she's able to seemingly take control of the Enterprise. :wavey: She beams on and off like there's a revolving door on the ship, and she somehow disables the internal sensors and even traps Jean-Luc in his own quarters. If it's all sleight-of-hand - she's quite adroit. But it's never really explained.:smile:

Yeah, you've got this super high-tech, ultra-secure Federation flagship that's nothing short of an orbiting fortress, and a two-bit con artist with her own little ship and a knock-off cloaking device can take it over by remote control! But without that little strain on credulity we wouldn't have had a story. . .

Come to think of it, that sort of thing happens a lot on Star Trek -- just think, would any truly serious space-faring species depend on some contraption as flaky as the warp-drive? Guaranteed, when the ship is in a jam the warp drive will be down, making the crew figure out some other way to get out of the jam. Next time I run through the series I'm thinking of keeping count how many times the warp drive fails in an episode -- I think the maximum is somewhere around five. Of course the transporter is just as bad if not worse -- how many times would it have been a simple matter to beam somebody out of a tight spot -- if the silly thing worked? But then that would have cut the story short. . .

Have a happy time!

Yeah, you've got this super high-tech, ultra-secure Federation flagship that's nothing short of an orbiting fortress, and a two-bit con artist with her own little ship and a knock-off cloaking device can take it over by remote control! But without that little strain on credulity we wouldn't have had a story. . .

Come to think of it, that sort of thing happens a lot on Star Trek -- just think, would any truly serious space-faring species depend on some contraption as flaky as the warp-drive? Guaranteed, when the ship is in a jam the warp drive will be down, making the crew figure out some other way to get out of the jam. Next time I run through the series I'm thinking of keeping count how many times the warp drive fails in an episode -- I think the maximum is somewhere around five. Of course the transporter is just as bad if not worse -- how many times would it have been a simple matter to beam somebody out of a tight spot -- if the silly thing worked? But then that would have cut the story short. . .

My point exactly! As for the flaky warp drive, I suppose there'll always be a need for some mechanic to whack the thing with a wrench.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels