Signs Of Wear...

JSpikeheels

... do you ever notice that models who pose for 'cheesecake'-as we used to call it- pictures always seem to wear shoes fresh out of the box with no-none-("zip-zero-nada" as Rush Limbaugh says) indications of wear patterns on the soles of the shoes...

...one of the most erotic aspects of a pair of highheels-especially the very high ones-are signs that the shoes have been walked in, worked in, lived in!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...a couple of years ago I had located a yahoo group- from Germany, I recall- that was created for this neglected topic and I wondered if any of you have any links to this topic...

Jim

JSpikeheels

There's a big difference between a brand new pair and ones which have been well worn yet maintained. And then there's the pairs which are obviously abused and misused. My preference is when the shoes appear to have been worn yet still maintained. These pics appear 'more realistic' to me than the 'cheesecake' pics. Hence I find them more attractive. There's nothing sexier than a woman who ACTUALLY WEARS her heels rather than just poses in them!! It's when that wear becomes abusive that I don't appreciate the wearer or the shoes as much. Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

I have to agree with Shoeiee. Shoes that have been worn should be perfectly maintained to remain sexy and appealing, like any shoe for that matter. Otherwise it’s just a bad reflection of the cleanliness and personality of the wearer. But if that floats somebody’s boat than power to them in private.

I prefer to see signs of wear, although that's not the same as abused / neglected. I hate to see heels with missing tips and peeling leather for example. Seeing a woman posing in a pair of brand new heels with perfectly unblemished soles and ne'er a wrinkle in the leather is nowhere near as sexy as to see her posing in a pair that it looks like she actually wears. Chris

i see the point the original poster makes.. i do recall the site.. but no links comes to mind. one example that the majority of us are talking about.. i've got a friend that is stunning in her heels!!! absolutely stunning. her shoes always look fresh straight out of the box never worn look. maybe a slight wrinkle if you look close enough. however.. when she takes pics.. if you catch a glimpse of the sole of these shoes.. you can tell she's done a lot of wearing of the heels. but the surface looks impecable!! that is the ideal sexiness for me.. a woman who knows how to work her heels.. strut her stuff.. there is proof of wear in the sole.. but very little proof on the surface. i'll eventually post a pic.. I got lucky and got one.. just havent' uploaded it yet. I like that well maintained but frequently used look!!!! better than the modeling look or the abused look. the posted pics above is bordering on abused to me... emphasis on bordering. they will work ok in most casual work settings, everyday heeling settings, or social settings.. just not in topnotch or formal or conservative settings. RPM

the posted pics above is bordering on abused to me... emphasis on bordering. they will work ok in most casual work settings, everyday heeling settings, or social settings.. just not in topnotch or formal or conservative settings.

RPM

those heels are worn at home for strictly fixing supper and sitting in her recliner and wearing them for me to enjoy in the evenings when it's just she and I...never for more public settings...and she has been wearing these "high-heel bedroom slippers"--that is what they are- around here every evening and weekends for more than three years...we polish them up from time to time and they look clean, neat but well-worn...but anyone who thinks that high heels serve only the purpose to wear outside the house in absolutely pristine-like "don't touch me-don't even think of it" condition are missing another of life's many pleasures...

signs of wear only mean that the shoes have seen a lot of pleasure and purpose and that it's time for a little touch-up polish ...

...and, while I'm on my soapbox, let's be careful to not attach labels to perceptions of what one considers "abusive behavior to one's high heels"...

now I'm done...

Jim

Jim, thanks for the explanation. I think you hit a great mix.. I would love to have that luxury of a pair of heels my lady would wear around the house that tall. i almost envie your situation!!!!! in more ways than one!!!! reason why I said border... more scuff.. more wear.... verge on material breaking.. then the cumulative wear almost looks abusive (but not in the negative connotation). but... well seasoned heels have so much memories and great use. the use you've described suits me well!!!! if you got a shot of those with hose.. i'd love it!!!!! but if not.. thank your wife for modeling them anyway!!! RPM p.s. i do like the seasoned heels my lady has and sometimes encourage her to pull them out!

I'm pretty much the same as RPMindy. I like to see that the shoes have been worn and are broken in to the wearer's feet but I don't like to see signs of neglect or abuse. I think I had commented on Paris Hilton showing up in heels that were scraped up. I've seen this on more than one occasion and to me its a turnoff.