She didn't like my shoes

Magickman

I had a blind date tonight, and she didn't like my shoes. This woman was very blunt in her criticisms of my footwear, earrings, and blue nail polish. She bailed early, saying that I was not masculine enough for her. Not satisfied with telling me that she wasn't attracted to me, she had the nerve to say that I must change my appearance, if I wanted to find a woman partner. I can handle it, if a woman does not like me. Happens sometimes. But I was a little bit aggravated that she would presume no other woman would want a man in heels. After she left though, another woman, who was seated across the bar, came over to tell me how much she liked my blue acrylic manicure. It is a funny thing, how the same objective reality, will affect different people in such opposite ways. Has anyone else here had blind date experiences to parallel mine?

Guest ilovepumps!

She'll probably never be happy with anyone any way. To narrow minded.

Most likely, as why else is she on a blind date?

You've probably heard it all before, but there are plenty more fish in the sea. Ive also not had a blind date either.

yeah there are many fishs out there;) samebody will like you wery mutch. i'm looking for girl also for long time now... i just cant get what da heck is wrong whit me, cuz i cant get any stable relationship... and never where whit hh on dates... but sametimes whit nail polsih, but thats all... just cant get it... wth??? o yeah i used wear earrings allmost 10years... but thats not point... my only relationship witch is longer than 3 years for now is whit my course mate, ok she is atractive, beatifull, vice miss Latvia 05, miss bikini Latvia 04 and yeah i like here wery mutch... only i dono is she thinks about me the same way as i like to think about she... i think she wont love me so mutch as i do... so... its just not real relationship, but just half of samething...

every human has they own choices...

I had a blind date tonight, and she didn't like my shoes. This woman was very blunt in her criticisms of my footwear, earrings, and blue nail polish.

She bailed early, saying that I was not masculine enough for her. Not satisfied with telling me that she wasn't attracted to me, she had the nerve to say that I must change my appearance, if I wanted to find a woman partner.

I can handle it, if a woman does not like me. Happens sometimes. But I was a little bit aggravated that she would presume no other woman would want a man in heels.

After she left though, another woman, who was seated across the bar, came over to tell me how much she liked my blue acrylic manicure.

It is a funny thing, how the same objective reality, will affect different people in such opposite ways.

Has anyone else here had blind date experiences to parallel mine?

Did you at least get the number of the second women? If you don't want it pass it around!! :biggrin: JK

Think of a date as a job interview, if you don't fit way bother? The quicker you realize that the quicker you find somebody and if not interested in a long term relationship. Mabye the way you dress is a faster way in locating some one who will have one nighter with youas well :rocker:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The boots in question were my new ones from Nine West, beautiful boots, really. They are the Dalilah style, black leather, side zip, mid-calf, with a 4" tapered heel. Not a stiletto, at all. My blind date, call her Terri, cuz that's her name, went off like a Roman candle, after she saw the boots. "It's too much. Just not masculine!" Terri went on, in that vein, for a long time. She wanted to be sure that I understood, what an effeminate visage I presented. There will be no second date here, as best I can tell. As to woman number two, call her Donna, we had but a very brief conversation, before she and her sister departed for the evening. Donna saw my nails from across the bar, maybe 15 feet away, in the dimmed light of the tavern. She waxed enthusiastic, about my blue acrylic nails, and showed me her nails, with a beautiful, custom paint job. No number from Donna, but if I ever see her again...

Donna saw my nails from across the bar, maybe 15 feet away, in the dimmed light of the tavern. She waxed enthusiastic, about my blue acrylic nails, and showed me her nails, with a beautiful, custom paint job.

I'm not into flashy feminine nails, but I have had mine done a couple of times using the gelnails approach, as it looks very natural and does a great job improving what crappy nails I do have. I always do a very masculine approach, but you can have longer ones done, too, complete with whatever design you wish. A little more expensive than acrylic, but far more realistic.

I just wander, do you guys get real serious when on a date or meeting someone? I found by makeing them laugh alot gets them to over look everything else and are more excepting to you because women are tired of being treated like crap and one of the most important things they are looking for in a man is a sense of humor and to just let them be their self as they will you no matter what you wear or how you look if you can get them to smile and laugh.So come on guys, lets show them we are normal and can have fun and enjoy life no matter what our apperance. Now if that don't work, than leave the prude alone and move on.What do ya think about that?

real men wear heels

Magickman Several years ago, I had a woman who I had been in a long term relationship with, tell me that she didn't like the fact that my legs were better looking than hers. She didn't like the fact that I wore 4-5" heels and could walk in My heels for hours while her feet would die after 2hours in 2" heels. Because she is diabetic, she gets painful foot cramps and has literally sworn off any pump with more than a 2.5" heel. I start with 3" heels and treat them as almost flats. Because I wear a women's sz13US, a 3" heel isn't much to Me. My attire isn't blatantly feminine, but I will wear a pair of Black boot cut jeans with a pair of ItalianHeels.com Amanda OTK boots in public. At 6'5" in sox, no one is in a real hurry to be confrontational. ( I hear I can kick like a mule.) Several years ago, after a night out at the now closed HellFire club in NYC, I returned to My hotel room and arrived at the elevator lobby at the same time as a group of younger (20 something) guys and girls. I'm standing there in black spandex leggins, thi hi black and blue patent platform boots with lighted soles and heels, it was hilarious, the girls left their dates and crowded around Me asking where I got the boots and admiring the outfit. The guys looked like someone had just run over their dog. The girls talked to Me the whole ride up to My floor and one started to get off with Me until her boyfriend pulled her back. I could hear her giving him the "business" as the elevator door closed. HighHeel fetishism is just as real and necessary to those of us who are so inclined to wear this fashion article. I have 21 yrs of history to convince anyone who is considering a relationship with a female, let her know of your "CHOICES" early in the relationship. it will save you a TON of histerics, drama and meltdowns. DominaAntoinetteDC

You might have been a little extreme for her, but for her to go on and on was a bad sign for the future of any relationship. Sounds like a tendency to pick apart and tear down a person, which does not bode well for any relationship. You are better off without that kind of person.

• 7 months later...

Only story I can tell is a friend of a couple met the three of us at a bar recently in Seattle when I was wearing ~ 3" heels. They were Steve Madden Minow in powder blue. My friends don't care one way or the other about much when it comes to individulality, so long as a person has some. Initially this woman gave me the business about not being masculine and indicators of unresolved gay issues. I told her it was nothing like that and politely to accept my footwear or blow it out her ear. After two drinks, she came about and got all inquisitive. By the end of the night we talked about shoes, stores, and all the related topics. It really didn't go anywhere beyond "girl talk" but she wasn't my type anyway so it was just novel to see her do a 180 in a short period of time. Funny jab I delivered was about her wearing jeans. I said "Your legs must not be much to see if you have to cover them up." Boy that went over like a ton of bricks. All in all I had the last laugh and it was just another experience with a "shoe newbie".

sounds like a real winner there HeelMeNow!! thats just how I feel, if ANY one else EVER has a "problem" with me wearing heels, that they can make like the wind, & "go blow" (meaning get lost) this is WHO I am, end of subject!!!