A Little Progress

JL

Well... I've been practicing with my 5" and 6" heel boots; as soon as I get home from work, I put on a pair and walk around for a couple of hours until my wife gets home. So... yesterday, the mailman showed up a bit late... around 5:15pm. I was wearing my 5" black boots and a pair of jeans. I figured "what the heck" and lowered my jeans a bit on my hips to cover the heel as much as possible and made my way to the mailbox. I went out the garage and walked the 100 feet to and fro -- heels clacking on the driveway the whole way. I had the strut going as well as the confidence (so long as nobody drove by or came out of their house). It was rather invigorating to say the least. Of course 10 minutes after I got into the house, my wife called to tell me she'd be home in less than 10 minutes. That was close. Today... I got home from work and pulled on my 6" red stiletto knee-high boots. They've gotten much more wearable (comfy) since my last post about the discomfort int he toe box. Anyway... It takes me a few minutes to put each boot on (the laces) and I had to go to my car to grab my laptop bag. What to do, what to do?? I dropped my jeans as low as I could without them falling to the ground and carefully made my way down the stairs to the garage and strutted rather easilly to the back door of my car - allthewhile making sure that there was nobody around. I got what I needed and walked back up the driveway (slight hill) and into the garage. I thought yesterday's trip to the mailbox was exciting -- I was wrong: this was. I actually walked outside in broad daylight to my car wearing a pair of 6" Red PVC stiletto boots. There is still room for improvement in my walking abilities in them but... DAYUM!!! Anyway......... I just wanted to share my experience. BTW - I'm going to be away on business next week. That means that as soon as I get back to the hotel room, the hose and heels go on until morning. Good thing I'm driving - the TSA would probably have a few questions with the heels if they search my luggage. :evil: One more BTW - I am expecting two new pairs of heels on Thursday - both leather pumps with 5" and 6" heels.

Men's 13W : Women's 15/16

Sounds like you had alot of fun, good job!!! I enjoyed wearing heels in the hotel room as well so you will have a great time. BTW, why the heck would the TSA care if you had heels with you or not? Last time I checked I don't remember any laws against it, unless you have something explosive in them. Even if they found them, so what. They are just clothes. Enjoy your time away. Scotty

JL -

I did post a tip on the lace problem that works very well for me.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=116566#116566

You don't have to confine a nice pair of heel to inside the hotel room. Go ahead and take them out to dinner. It makes for a much more memorable meal.

Have a great trip (I mean traveling, not falling :evil: ).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JL -

I did post a tip on the lace problem that works very well for me.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=116566#116566

TBG -- I actually did take your advice about the laces and it does indeed make life 1000% easier. Unfortunately, when I laced them nice and snug after zipping the inside up, they were too tight to rezip the next time I put them on so I have to loosen the laces all the way to the ankle, zip, then re-tighten them.

It's still a lot easier than having to re-lace each time I want to put them on.

Excellent idea!!!!

Now lessee here. You go out and buy a pair of over the knee boots with 6" heels and then right after you get 'em on yer pulling yer jeans down to yer *ss and sneaking around while you go out to yer car to get sumptin - right? WHY? Man, if you've already laid out the kind of loot I think those boots cost, why not show 'em off? Take 'em out to dinner or sumptin.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Now lessee here. You go out and buy a pair of over the knee boots with 6" heels and then right after you get 'em on yer pulling yer jeans down to yer *ss and sneaking around while you go out to yer car to get sumptin - right? WHY? Man, if you've already laid out the kind of loot I think those boots cost, why not show 'em off? Take 'em out to dinner or sumptin.

Believe it or not... the boots aren't that expensive. I bought cheap - www.funkypair.com.

Here's the deal... I am too new to the heel wearing thing - heck my first post was only a few weeks ago (when I got my first pair). I am still learning to walk in any heels let alone the 6" boots.

I bought them because of the ankle support that they provide.

If my neighbors saw me, my life would be pretty much over. You see... I live on a street where the 'ladies of the block' have lots to say to each other about everyone. Keep in mind that my wife still knows nothing about my little hobby and it needs to stay that way until the right time comes (not sure when that'll be). Anyway...

To make things easier (and more convenient), I just took delivery of my new 5" and 6" leather pumps which can go on and off in an instant. Oddly enough, they're easier to walk in compared to the boots and the heels are the same height (I measured).

While I am away next week, I do plan on taking the heels for a little outing... to build my confidence as well as... well... build my confidence.

Once I get more confidence, and find the right time (and way) to tell my wife, I'll be more 'blatant' in my outings. For now, it's super-secret squirrel stuff.

One way you can get a little more practice is by walking around the hotel after hours. I used to take the elevator to the ground floor and then grab a soda from the vending machines. Once you are more confident in wearing them and not stumbling, you can take em out.

Okay, so yer neighbors are like mine with their tongues hung in the middle and wag on both ends. :D It's the same everywhere. Then there's the frau who doesn't know you like heels; or are you really sure about that? Besides, even if she doesn't know - when did you plan to tell her? :D But I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned lack of confidence. At the rate yer going, it'll only take you about 20 or 30 years before you wake up one day to the fact that yer spending money for something that only you know about and nobody else can appreciate, they're only a clothing item anyway, and it really doesn't make 2 hoots in a high wind what the neigbors think anyway (assuming they have something to think with). :) As for me, as long as I'm not shooting-up the town I really don't care what all my nosey neighbors think. :D Besides, you ought to see what THEY're doing. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Besides, you ought to see what THEY're doing.

Exactly. If you think someone is "normal", you merely don't know them well enough. I don't think I've ever met a person where at least one of their features wasn't 3 standard deviations from the population mean :-)

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Okay, so yer neighbors are like mine with their tongues hung in the middle and wag on both ends. :D It's the same everywhere.

Then there's the frau who doesn't know you like heels; or are you really sure about that? Besides, even if she doesn't know - when did you plan to tell her? :D

But I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned lack of confidence. At the rate yer going, it'll only take you about 20 or 30 years before you wake up one day to the fact that yer spending money for something that only you know about and nobody else can appreciate, they're only a clothing item anyway, and it really doesn't make 2 hoots in a high wind what the neigbors think anyway (assuming they have something to think with). :) As for me, as long as I'm not shooting-up the town I really don't care what all my nosey neighbors think. :D Besides, you ought to see what THEY're doing. :evil:

Absolutely right. I'm just wondering how you can hide that sort of thing from the wife. What would she rather, a husband who wears heels or one who has secrets? It's hard getting these things out in the open, but great fun when they are. I'm one lucky B*** though

Well.... I did it!!! More than just a mailbox or driveway run. As you know, I'm in a hotel for the week on business. Sooooooo... A man has to eat, right?? I'm staying in a Residence Inn which has a kitchen in the room. After driving for 2+ hours to get here, I didn't feel like going into a restaurant for an hour - I hate dining alone like that. What better time to put on a pair of hose/tights, my over-long jeans, and my 5" black boots (the ones in my avatar). I walked around the room a bit just to make certain that I'm comfortable (in the feet that is). I was. I grabbed the car keys, room key, wallet and cell phone and out the door I went. The walk to the car was... ummmmm... a bit anti-climactic. I walked and the boots made their well known sound on a cement walkway. OK... first time driving in heels. I made sure that I had control of the pedals and it actually was ok. No problems here. I drove up the main road and came across a Super Stop & Shop (big grocery store). I parked as close as I could, took a deep breath (ok - a few deep breaths) and got out. The first thing I did was make sure that my jeans were still where they should be - down to the ground. They were. The walk from the car to the front door was also uneventful. This is where it gets fun, to say the least. I've practiced walking on carpet, cement, and ceramic tile; none of which prepared me for highly polished vinyl 'grocery store' tile. Uh-oh... Well... I was in the store already and there was no McD's for 20 minutes in either direction. Here goes nothing. I carefully started walking to the frozen foods aisle. The heels were again making that notable sound - just louder. It seemed like the only sound int he store was that of my heels. A store employee must have seen my cautious gait and looked at my feet. All she did was smile and kept walking. OK - first encounter was over... I thought. It ended up that she was following me, though at a distance. Not only was I trying to be careful not to fall, but also not to make a complete idiot out of myself. I found what I wanted for dinner, put it in the basket, and realized that I had an audience of a few women - they were watching me but trying to to be obvious. Problem - both of my feet almost instantly began to hurt to the point of barely being able to walk. I started taking shorter strides, looking like I was uncomfortable. I made it to the self-service register, scanned, paid, and bagged. As I got to the exit, my heart dropped. There was a group of 5 or so people standing outside the exit doors. They weren't exactly the most upstanding citizens (they looked like they were in some sort of a gang based on the bandanas with the same colors). It was too late to turn back , so out I went. I sucked it up, put the pain in the back seat, and just took full strides until I got to my car. I got in, closed the door, adn locked them. The pain got worst - time to rub as best I could. The rubbing wsn't working, so it was time to just high tail it back to the hotel to take them off. Wouldn't you know it... no sooner I pull into a parking space, the pain went away for the most part!! It was a short walk back to the room.... again uneventful. So... that was my outing. What have I learned from it?? Well... first, I need a lot (a whole lot) more practice walking on other surfaces... I need to spend more time wearing and walking in general - 2 hours a day for 4 weeks isn't enough. The last thing that I learned is this: it was almost fun. I need to work to getting more comfortable with myself, my shoes, and my life. Maybe one day, I'll say "Screw it" and start wearing heels everywhere -- after I tell my wife that is. Thanks for letting me document my experiences for others read and understand!! Jeff.

Wow! Quite a first time out story there. It won't take many however before the nerves issue goes away.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It's always a shock going from inside to out, with seemingly vast distances to go. I started in 3" boots, and haven't yet got to 5", also I had the benefit of going with my partner - to a restaurant that was about five minutes walk from the flat. On the way home we met a friend walking his dog. Mrs. F completely forgot about my heels and started making a fuss of the animal and, of course all eyes were down.

I tend to significantly reduce my expecations on the outside that I do while in house. 100' and a quarter mile are two different things. I'll not wear anything that I can't easily walk a mile in, as it's just insane to try and push the envelope that far.

Jeff: Thanks for the outing update. I'm with Dr1819 on the outdoor wearing. I've got a pair of plain black pumps with very narrow stiletto heels that are a full 5 inches and while fine around the house are a little iffy on the surfaces you are talking about. My outdoor pair are 4.5" pumps with just a slightly wider stiletto heel but are sooo much more comfortable. My last time at the gas station a car load of young guys pulled up while I was inside paying and the same thoughts ran thru my head as I sucked it up and walked past their car in those pumps. The long jeans are a "life saver" for me in those situations. Thanks again for sharing that. Wineanddine

JL –

What a great first outing.

As many have noted, the hardest step is getting out of the car.

Most mornings I stop at a Bigg’s grocery and I’m there at the same time that the floor crew is there polishing the floor. I know exactly what you are talking about with “highly polished vinyl 'grocery store' tile” under my heels. The first few times were “interesting” especially when a heel tip came off and the metal stud was exposed. After a few times however, the floor is no big deal. As you noted, practice is the key.

I am concerned that you feet hurt as badly as you described. It may be the lack of practice (exercise), but your nerves may have contributed a bit. I recommend a cushioned insole, it really helps me a lot. I did have one incident where my feet really hurt but I was walking over very rough sidewalks for several hours in 4” stiletto heels with a thin sole on the boots. I had no choice but to keep going.

If you get comfortable enough walking in your boots on this trip, try wearing them over your jeans at least once. That is making the assumption that you try the look in front of a full length mirror, and you like the look. The great part about wearing them like that is that you don’t have to worry about someone seeing them. Of course they will see them (that’s the idea), you just don’t have to worry about it (find something else to worry about like the polished floor). If you project the confidence you have in wearing boots like that, people will pick up on it. However, if you are not confident with the look, don’t do it, people will pick up on that too.

Wear them out and the hardest step really will be getting out of the car.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

As for me, as long as I'm not shooting-up the town I really don't care what all my nosey neighbors think. :D Besides, you ought to see what THEY're doing. :evil:

Ha! No kidding.

When I first began heeling, I was deathly afraid of what the neighbors thought. Then came the night of their sex-toy party. I declined, as I'm not into that. About two weeks later, during a very late night (about 1:30am) round-the block walk, he pulled over after having covered a late-night shift as I was walking back to the house. We've always been talkative with one another, so I sweated bullets and hoped my long jeans, the tan leather sandles I was wearing underneath my long jeans and the orange streetlights would do the trick.

Uh, no.

Despite the silent heel, as I walked up, he took one look and said, "Well, that's different," but I had just enough time to look to the heavens for an answer before he responded, "relax - I've seen a lot more different" and he proceeded to tel me about the transexual at work who went through transition during the previous three years he'd been workign with him/her.

Then he asked if that was where I was heading (no), and he said, "cool. Definately different, but oh, well. Wanna join me for a beer?" which was what he usually said if saw me when he came home, so I said, "sure, but, uh, just let me change."

I did, and we drank three cold ones, laughing and talking about work as if nothing had changed.

And it hasn't. Just talked with him two weeks ago. Great time of catching up after not being in touch since 2003.

"sure, but, uh, just let me change."

I *think* if I'd already had the ice broken I wouldn't have bothered changing. However, it's not happened to me (yet) :-). It probably will at some point.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.