Going for first steps outdoors

thesnowball

This wednesday(Aug 23) I will try to venture outside on my B-day,the wife and I have agreed upon to try to go for supper and a movie in heels..It will be an experience that I will never forget... Lets hope that everything will go ok..For the past couple of nights,we have been goni for a walk to the mailbox at night in heels,and tryin to teach outr kitty to walk on a leash,so it takes us a while to go to the mailbox... I will be wearing bott cut jeans and a black top made by players...and the new balc pair of ankle shoes that I just purchased last weekend.... James

Walking the cat will be difficult,but he follows us around the house when we want him too...Outside is alot different,as I am wearing a pair of heels,bending down trying to get the cat to come to me and then give him a treat,while bending down,my heel is exposed to the public,little risky for me but I am ok with it for now...Now wednesday night for supper and a movie,is getting me nervous,I am a bit nervous just talking about it on here...Lets hope that I can get my nerves to calm down...The wife thinks that I can pull it off, lets hope...

What does one say when somebody asked are those women shoes,I'm one to freeze up when confronted,do I just keep walking,or say something back...The wife doesnt want to see me get hurt in any way,emotional or physical...I know when I sit down,that the heel is exposed...and when we went to the movies last.I noticed that the threater is really lite up...its goin to be a challenge

Just tell them that they are your shoes, you are wearing them and you are a man. Tell them that you wear them because you like a little heel under you and that men's shoes are just too boring, and you like the variety in women's shoes. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I guess that I can try that,thanks... So it would be more daring to wear a white or red heel with blue jeans I bet,I know for sure that I am not ready for that... So after goin out a few times in heels will build confidence,time and patience...

1- Quit getting yourself all worked up over it and remember, its only shoes. 2- If someone asks are those womens shoes,you reply" are they on a woman?" 3-Ignore narrow minded people and don't think everybody is starring at you. They have many other things on their minds other than the shoes you wear. 4-You only are hear for a short while so don't let anybody steel your joy.Just be your self and don't even think about it and you will have a great time and 5-Last but not least, have fun with it, if anyone say's anything rude or laughs at you,which probably won't happen, ignore it or tell them something like "its a dare" or I do it for her, or feels good,you should try it. Main thing is to enjoy yourself and have fun and above all,BE COMFTORABLE

real men wear heels

James, I know exactly what you mean, my wife has many reservations of me wearing thin heels out in public, so I don't for her sake. However, about 2 years ago I met my wife's sister for dinner (my wife knew ahead of time) so I could wear my 4" pumps out in public. She grew up in the 60s so she is alot more free spirited and open minded. Anyway, we met at Applebees for dinner. It was still light outside when I got there and I never nervously got out of the car and walked up to where she was waiting in my pumps. We did small talk and then she asked if I was ok and I lifted my pant leg and showed her and she just said "cool" and we went inside. We had a very normal dinner and talk about family stuff mostly (she has teen/early 20s aged kids she she told me all about her "adventures" of what was going on with them). After dinner I even had to use the mens room. Walk down, went in, used it (was nervous of the heel on tile but no on even noticed). Went back out and she asked "so how did it go?" and I just replied great. She smiled and we went our separate ways (I was staying in a hotel room at the time so I was actually closer to where they live). Anyway, the whole thing went off without a hitch. I think since she was there and made no issue of it, it gave me confidence and that made it possible. Actually, on the way back, still wearing the pumps I went to a 711. There was a car there and the GF stayed in the car while the BF went in to get stuff. Her staring at me and my heels made me nervous, which made me walk awkwardly which made her laugh and gawk which made me more nervous, etc. So I just went in, got what I wanted, came out (she was still sitting and laughing, just this time her BF was with her) so I got in the car and left as soon as possible. The ONLY difference between the two events was the confidence level. Act like it is a normal everyday thing and walk with confidence and you will have zero problems. Act nervous and you will have alot of problems. Scotty

James -

Take this test:

Put on what you will be wearing when you go to the movies.

Stand in front of a full length mirror.

Do you like what you see? Are you comfortable wearing what you have on?

If there are two yes answers go enjoy the movie.

If either one is no stay home and watch TV.

If you are comfortable presenting yourself in heels the rest of the world won't care. If you are nervous, everyone will see that and try to figure out why.

Chill out. The cat on a leash is the hardest part.

sscotty727 is absolutely correct, it's all about confidence.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

This wednesday(Aug 23) I will try to venture outside on my B-day,the wife and I have agreed upon to try to go for supper and a movie in heels..It will be an experience that I will never forget...

Lets hope that everything will go ok..For the past couple of nights,we have been goni for a walk to the mailbox at night in heels,and tryin to teach outr kitty to walk on a leash,so it takes us a while to go to the mailbox...

I will be wearing bott cut jeans and a black top made by players...and the new balc pair of ankle shoes that I just purchased last weekend....

James

Kitty on a leash, hmmm... Sounds like tiger in a cage. Neither one sounds happy. I've heard of success stories, but the 37 times we tried it resulted in:

1. An escape, which required 2 hours of searching and 5 minutes of waiting inside the house before she mewled at our door (we cinched her up tight, but she was still able do throw off the body strap, shoulder strap, and collar)

2. Wrapped around and biting the ankles

3. Wrapped around and biting the leash

4. Wrapped around and biting the other person's ankles

5. Wrapped around and biting the mailbox

6. Wrapped around and biting the neighbor's dog (which bit back - painful and expensive)

7. Wrapped around the lamppost

8. Wrapped around the right front tire

9. Wrapped aroud and biting the ankles (second time - no no, bad kitty)

10. Wrapped around and biting the mailbox (second time - stupid kitty)

(anyone notice a theme running through this, please chime in...)

11. Wrapped around, in, under, and over a bush. With thorns.

12. Wrapped around my arm and the neighbor's dog. Fortunately, different neighbor, different dog - no injuries. Except to the dog. Expensive.

13. Wrapped...

Let's face it, folks - cats are very good at relating with humans. Better than dogs, in my opinion. But when it comes to navigating obstacle courses, particularly while on leashes, cats weren't even in line when God handed out them brains.

Dogs on the other hand, appear to be quite good at learning about "non-dog" devices such as collars, leashes, capes, doggy-backpacks, doggy-pulled trailers and wagons, etc. As for cats, I think they regard everything beyond the surface of their skin as alien. So long as it's feeding or caressing them, they'd ok.

Everything else is a constitutes an Act of War.

13. Wrapped around the neighbor.

14. Wrapped around the leg of the couch (couldn't even make it outside the house that day).

15. Wrapped around the cat herself. We were on a beach. Nothing to wrap the leash around, and I was dodging out of the way. She improvised.

16. Wrapped around the kitchen table legs.

17. Wrapped around a passing boy on a scooter who ventured too close. More injuries. Fortunately, she's had her shots. More fortunately, we kept records.

18. Wrapped around the right front tire. Again. She likes that tire.

19. Wrapped around a kite string. It was at the park. Don't ask how, as I'll never divine the answer.

20. Wrapped around the neighbor's right front tire. At least she's got the quadrant nailed, since she picked the wrong car.

21. Wrapped around my wife. More injuries. To the wife.

22. Wrapped around my arm. I must not have been paying attention, as I'm rather quick when it comes to cats, courtesy of a cat who used to leap out of the bushes at us as we walked by as kids. That only happened twice, the second time of which resulted in that cat learning that such actions may result in personal bodily harm. To the cat, of course. I didn't mind the nine stitches, but I'm not going to allow a cat to take a chunk out of my forearm without a quick flip to the sidewalk. But I couldn't do this to this cat, as it was my wife's cat. Fortunately, there was no bloodshed that day.

23. Wrapped around the axel. Well, not of the car, but the cat got so entagled in itself that I simply picked up the mewling fuzzball and dumped her unceremoniously on the living room floor and said, "you got yourself into this mess - get yourself out of it." About 2.4 seconds after we exited the room she waltzed in sans leash and coller, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I just wanted you to rescue me."

24. Wrapped around the bushes (chasing a butterfly).

25. Wrapped around the neighbor's daughter. Fortunately, no one, not even the cat (although I wanted to), was hurt.

26. Wrapped around a box. Now this one was strange, but she'd darted for it immediately after we put on the leash. It'd been delivered earlier that day. She managed to go once around, twice around the originating lead, and back around before going over the origninating lead again. I didn't bother untangling her. Since we were inside the house, I merely unhooked her.

27. Wrapped around a tree. One would think it would have been common, but she was pretty good at avoiding trees. Probably because dogs peed on them.

28. Wrapped around another right front tire, this time belonging to the neighbor across the street.

29. Wrapped around the axel again (herself). Carried her inside, dumped her and let her go.

30. Wrapped around my kid's swing seat. Amazing, as he was swinging at the time. Scared him to death. Extricated him, then unwrapped the cat.

31. Wrapped around me. "Swirling dirvish" is the only explanation. On went the leash, and "WIIRRRLLOOOSSSH" went the cat. Unsnapped said cat. Unentangled said cat owner.

32. Wrapped around the wife again, and biting, hard. Required stitches for her (just two - she got off light).

33. Wrapped around the axel (herself) again. Left her lying in the front yard. She howled. Neighbors threatened to call the animal rights folks. I said, "call 'em! She got herself into this mess!" Thought about the legal consequences and rescued her before the neighbors actually called. Rang the doorbell of the neighbors to see if they'd actually called... Fortunately, they hadn't.

34. Wrapped around the right front of our vehicle, 13.2 seconds into our walk.

35. Actually finished a five-minute walk around the block while pulling (dragging) her away from just under 1,734 hazards in which she could have wrapped herself around.

36. Wrapped herself around the stop sign.

37. Wrapped herslef around the neighbor's leg. More bites. More stitches. More expenses.

I burned the leash that night in the Fall fireplace, amidst drinks made with rum and various spices, and declared to the entire world, including my wife, and our cat, that she (the cat) would forever remain indoors, unless the wife were willing to risk her being run over.

The latter was no, so we kept her another two years until she finally died of natural causes after having never been wrapped around anything again.

We buried her amidst tears beneath her favorite window, out which she looked 90% of the time at the various birds and critters flitting around outside.

Yes, I loved my cat. I loved my wife far, far more. Sadly, my wife never understood this and is soon to be, by her own design, my wife no more.

Fortunately, there are two individuals vying as replacements, both of which have more a few times as many clues with respect to both how to raise cats as well as how to treat husbands.

Bottom line: I'd rather have wound up with the cat, as she was very sociable so long as she was not on a leash.

Yeah, many cats are not into bondage and have a highly individualistic nature. I've got a family in the countryside and there is a 9-year-old black cat with his son. The elder cat is an animal with "an attitude"- he sometimes bites and scratches, and listens to few people. Fortunately, I seem to be one of his "chosen ones" as he reacts to me calling him. I have something in common with that cat.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

thesnowball You might be interested in checking out the links to videos of men freestyling in heels in public. Its in the for guys section.

The videos posted address your specific concerns.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well...the dinner and the movie didnt go...instead we just went out for dinner...and didnt wear any heels,the pants that I wore werent long enough to cover the heel...I didnt want to take a chance... But today,we went to the 10:30pm show,went and seen snakes on a plane,not all that bad,and I wore a pair of black heels...Was nervous driving there,and once I left home with the heels on,there was no turning back...When we got there,there wasnt all that many people there,which I was happy for...went in,and noticed that they had the music in there playing abut louder then normal,which made great cover from the clicking sound on the heel...so all in all,I had a great time,and the wife is proud of me and our adventure...Its the first of many steps of heeling for me... I will post a picture of what I was wearing later on the site,..off to bed now I go,have to work in less then 5 hours... James thanks for all the advice.and to build up my confidence from all of ya's...talk to ya'll later

Nice outfit,I can see why you wouldnt have a problem with that outfit... The shoes that I wore last night had a pointy tip...so it stuck out more...pics will follow soon...the jeans that I wore were from OLD Navy,ladies just below the waist boot cut jeans,regular length,now I'm thinking of getting the long version of them...

Well...did it again,yesterday we went out to the movies,and today,we went out for supper at Casey's.... As we entered the restarunt,we came in the worng doors,it said please go to the other entrance for seating..The wife then asked if we should walk back out and go to the main doors...I said naw..so we walked threw the restarunt,and there was no carpet to be seen...we finally made it to the main entrance and waited for about 30 secs,felt like more like 1 mins..then he said follow me,(im thinking lets hope that we get a booth)...he brings us to a booth,and then said that the booth was saved for somebody else...mind you that this booth was on the other side of the building,walking on a slippery wooden floor,where the sounds of heels can be heard...then we go back to the other side of the resturant,trying to walk fast enough to keep up to him,and not make too much noise...the heel slipped 2 times,and the wife's heel slipped 3 times on the floor,it was slippery...we finally got to sit at a booth...man was I releived...after that,things went ok...we left with ease...and then came home,and then took a walk to the mailbox,carring our kitty...it was kinda raining... so ya,another little adventure in heels... James

Keep this up and soon it will become routine and hopfully more men who are gun shy will see that it's ok for us to wear heels and this trend of street heeling will become popular for men. What a nice dream.LOL!!!!!!!!

real men wear heels

Keep this up and soon it will become routine and hopfully more men who are gun shy will see that it's ok for us to wear heels and this trend of street heeling will become popular for men. What a nice dream.LOL!!!!!!!!

In the 1500s and 1600s, it was reality, spreading to nobility throughout Europe and Russia.

So it could very well become reality again.

Consider the fasions that have come from the punk/goth world that are now mainstream styles worn by men:

Earrings (ubiquitous, along with less common piercings)

Rayon shirts (previously only worn by women)

Capris (common on men in Germany, less common elsewhere)

Robes/Skirts (seen by moi several times at more progressive places in the wee hours)

Heels (seen by moi less often than skirts, but still present)