Boring Fashions in the UK this summer

Well hasn't it been a boring summer for UK fashion heels? A few rather tedious rope wedge heels have been about the lowlight of the past few months. I'm looking forward to the Autumn fashions and maybe some 4 1/2- 5" heels and maybe a small platform which looks to be a trend in courts and boots.

We went around the shops last sunday and looked through the dregs of the sales, there were some nice heels around, but not many, I personaly am not a fan of wedges, and they were in style this summer. The shelves are starting to fill up with boots, yum yum, I cant wait for everybody to start feeling the urge to wear boots again. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

I'm not a fan of wedges, either, particularly the cork ones. However, there was a really cute pair that I just had to get for lounging around the house:

Posted Image

Sadly, it didn't come in my size, so I purchased one that's almost identical, but with cork sides (yech) and thick horizontal straps, one across the toes, the other across the instep.

Fortunately, I found some magic in a bottle of black shoe polish, and turned the cork into pitch black, so the shoe now looks a lot more like one in the picture.

The cool thing about the cork, however, is that it's ultra quiet, which is why I decided to walk to a restaurant nearby, wearing these, and my usual long jeans. It was dark, and the area around here isn't lighted all that well, so I didn't mind it if I were spotted, as about all they'd see is that I was wearing some sort of a sandal. It's doubtful anyone would spot the heel or the fact I was wearing a wedge.

I arrived at the restuarant and asked for a table near the back, and sat down. I thought things were fine until the waiter returned with my credit card slip. She'd written, "Nice shoes!" on it with a little smiley-face. Without moving, I peeked under the table to discover that when I'd sat down, my pants rode up to my ankle, exposing the entire shoe and my foot in it. The shoe almost disappeared in the dark beneath the table, but my white foot, the two black leather straps, and the fact that my foot was clearly in the "I'm wearing a high heel" position was clear for the world to see.

Fortunately, the only "world" at the time consisted of my waitress, so I was glad she had the good sense to humor me, and as I left the restaurant, she gave me a "bye, now - come again" sendoff and a little wave.

Fashions here in the U.S. have been boring this Summer also. Ho-Hum!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Worse than that with those awful plastic wiffle-ball Crocs things. Flip-flops are positively sublime compared to those!

Have a happy time!

We went around the shops last sunday and looked through the dregs of the sales, there were some nice heels around, but not many, I personaly am not a fan of wedges, and they were in style this summer.

The shelves are starting to fill up with boots, yum yum, I cant wait for everybody to start feeling the urge to wear boots again.

Nigel

I'm with Nigel on this one. Duo's new range is now available, and I'm coveting my next pair from them already!

Chris

I dunno - I've seen some pretty sexy heeled sandals on women this summer. The cool thing is that some of the styles coming out in the Fall for larger sizes (up to 13) are quite the eyecatcher! I'll post some on the For the Guys forum.