Not recommended for walking?

WobbleFan

Hi all, I've found a pair of 6 1/2 inch oxford on alternative-footwear.co.uk. It's the Scream 18 Oxfords. I'd like to buy them, but there's a note that says these shoes aren't recommended for walking. Does anybody know what they mean? Is it because of the height or is this a flimsy shoe that'll fall apart after a few steps? Thanks for your help. WobbleFan

I think you will find that MOST companies that supply 6" heels and higher - DO NOT recommend them for walking because they are SO high. Companies/Shops that I know of off-hand who warn(ed) of this are 6InchHeelsForever, Little Shoe Box, La-Piazza, AF-UK, ArchEnemys, Pleasers - to name a few.

They are of course - applying the logic that most ORDINARY people who wear heels for normal purposes - are either simply not capable of walking in heels that high - or will not spend the time practising the art until they can. Even then - 6" stiletto heels are hardly practical for normal, everyday wear (unless of course - you are a professional pole-dancer - www.stripperweb.com).

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

well now, I'd certainly think that would apply to BALLET HEELS for sure!! :evil: THOSE are NOT really made for ANY kind of walking, but hey-there are SOME who @ least make the attempt to DO so. ( I'll give 'em THAT!!)

It's a roundabout way of saying, "Wear them at your own risk."

". . . and don't come back to sue us if you break your neck."

As if we don't have enough sense to figure that out for ourselves. These disclaimers drive me nuts. Look at the operator's manual for any automobile -- at least every other page has a warning about what might happen to you if you don't pay attention to what you are doing. Duh!

Have a happy time!

Knowing Donna it's probably meant to be humourous, don't get too hung up on it. I've got a pair of six inch heels by the same company and they're perfectly walkable. I've also tried on a pair of the Scream boots in the shop, and Donna was perfectly happy for me to stand up in them, and to walk if I felt confident enough. I didn't, I had to hold her shoulders just to stand! Chris

It's a roundabout way of saying, "Wear them at your own risk."

They have probably had no lawsuits from people that bought the shoes and kept them in a box. They probably have had very few lawsuits from people that bought them and put them on display somewhere. They probably have had few lawsuits from people who only wear them while sitting down. :rofl: But they probably had their lawyers to tell them that if someone tries to stand up in them, they might fall and hurt themselves. :D Worse yet, if they try walking in them and they fall it could result in a nasty lawsuit. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I tried such this Monday in a shop and I found the heel to quite flimsy. Not at all as sturdy as the "non-steel" heels normally are. My opinion is you should with caution in them, still I might be ordering myself a pair later. And another thing, the one I tried on was about 7" in sz 14 although they are advertised as 6". But the Milan series are said to be 4,5" and are 5,25" so don't trust the figures totally. /admirer

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can see why these are not recommended for walking. They arrived this morning and I'm positive I won't be able to walk in them what so ever :-) Unfortunately, I got the whole sizes thing mixed up with UK, US and European sizes, so I'm returning them to be exhanged for a smaller sized pair. They're way too large, even for me. Anyway, these shoes are a size 12 US, 10 UK and the heel is exactly 17 cm, so well over 6.5 inches! No way I'm walking in these. <<edit>> I did a re-check on the ruler I used to measure the heels. They're actually 17.5cm, that's is 6.9 inches! No wonder.... <</edit>> But boy, they look fabulous, sort of aggresive, but beautiful at the same time. I'll keep you posted. WobbleFan

Well, I can see why these are not recommended for walking. They arrived this morning and I'm positive I won't be able to walk in them what so ever :-)

Unfortunately, I got the whole sizes thing mixed up with UK, US and European sizes, so I'm returning them to be exhanged for a smaller sized pair. They're way too large, even for me.

Anyway, these shoes are a size 12 US, 10 UK and the heel is exactly 17 cm, so well over 6.5 inches! No way I'm walking in these.

But boy, they look fabulous, sort of aggresive, but beautiful at the same time.

I'll keep you posted.

WobbleFan

Hey man, ya gotta watch that size thing. They'll do it to ya every time - especially when you've got to convert from one measuring system to another. :D

Wouldn't it be easier if we just scrapped the whole measuring system madness and went with one uniform measure that everybody could agree on? For example we could have something like a zotny that is equal to some precise measure - say 50000 angstroms - and then have everything measured in those terms. But even if we did, somebody would probably come along and screw that up too. :evil:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Wouldn't it be easier if we just scrapped the whole measuring system madness and went with one uniform measure that everybody could agree on? For example we could have something like a zotny that is equal to some precise measure - say 50000 angstroms - and then have everything measured in those terms. But even if we did, somebody would probably come alone and screw that up too. :evil:

LOL

Yeah, using *that* scale would probably do the trick! Let's hope Alternative Footwear knows which shoes are my 565987 zotny...