look what I found...

Wolfgang

Those clear heels are an interesting look. Do you plan on wearing them outside?

I have. They're hard to wear while driving.

If you're meaning wear them outside as in, "freedressing" I should have clarified that I'm female. I'm always mistaken for a guy online because of my choice in screen name and some people say that I type-speak like a guy.

The heels, yes. The panel on the side is semi-clear as well. I almost wish I would have gotten the white ones with the side panel that's really clear. I was in an all-black phase when I bought these.

I have. They're hard to wear while driving.

If you're meaning wear them outside as in, "freedressing" I should have clarified that I'm female. I'm always mistaken for a guy online because of my choice in screen name and some people say that I type-speak like a guy.

The heels, yes. The panel on the side is semi-clear as well. I almost wish I would have gotten the white ones with the side panel that's really clear. I was in an all-black phase when I bought these.

Well you won't be the first who's gender was mistaken. One time some one mestaken me for female!! :roll: Go figure....

Kitten heels are a little tricky to wear in where all most of your weight is equally distributed so you are really balancing on the heel more than you would on a 4" heel in which you weight has been shifted to the front foot.

I am guessing that you have not worn such a small diameter heel before and your ankles are on the weak side. So be careful where you place your self on uneven surfaces. As you noticed you stride has been shortened, it gets even more as you wear higher Stilettos heels and driving with these heels on takes a little more concentration and caution on your part while driving, but you get use to it. Don’t think of it as a chore wearing them either, takes all the fun out of wearing such foot wear.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I tend to walk on my toes when I'm barefoot, and I'm barefoot a lot, so I don't know what that says about my ankles. Also, I'm in a marching band and all the backwards marching is on the toes and I've pretty much mastered that.

Like I said, I can balance well, it's just that I'm not used to such a small stride. With those on, I either move slowly and smoothly, or at my normal speed [i walk kind of quick-ish] but kind of awkwardly.

I was trying on shoes a few weeks ago and a high, skinny heel is easier to walk in than a low, skinny heel.

Sorry about that.

As I typed my comment I even re-read your post. I remember thinking "Wolfgang, that's gotta be a guy." Just goes to show, Never Assume Anything!

Have a happy time!

Wolfgang:-) I also upon occasion have been mistaken for a female, especially when new people come on the board. It happens now and again. Don't let your walking discourage your enjoying your new heeled boots. Go back and get the white ones and have twice the fun. Keep practicing and you will master that heel in no time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Wolfgang:-)

I also upon occasion have been mistaken for a female, especially when new people come on the board. It happens now and again. Don't let your walking discourage your enjoying your new heeled boots. Go back and get the white ones and have twice the fun. Keep practicing and you will master that heel in no time.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I wish I could, but I bought them a year ago.

Anyway, I got some cheap-y lucite sandals from...Walmart...today [cheap shoes, ja] They have maybe a 2-inch heel, but I like how they make me look like I'm wearing no shoes.

I tend to walk on my toes when I'm barefoot, and I'm barefoot a lot, so I don't know what that says about my ankles. Also, I'm in a marching band and all the backwards marching is on the toes and I've pretty much mastered that.

Like I said, I can balance well, it's just that I'm not used to such a small stride. With those on, I either move slowly and smoothly, or at my normal speed [i walk kind of quick-ish] but kind of awkwardly.

I was trying on shoes a few weeks ago and a high, skinny heel is easier to walk in than a low, skinny heel.

My GF was in marching band in high school and at 31 and still roles her feet. Does not seem to impede her ability to walk in heels......

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

My GF was in marching band in high school and at 31 and still roles her feet. Does not seem to impede her ability to walk in heels......

Haha, I do that too and if there's music playing, I subconciously walk/move to its beat. I have good rythm, but too bad I can't dance XD

Years ago I ran track, and one of our exercises was to run the bleachers (up and down, from left to right), and we had a large high school, so that was a lot of bleachers.

All on our toes.

We would also run pyramids on our toes (110, 220, 330, 440, 330, 220, 110). By the time we were done, our calf muscles were killing us, but after doing it a while, they adjusted.

The point was to build the calf muscle, but as a result, I often found myself walking on my toes, either too/from class in college, or just around campus. I still have a tendancy to do this today.

My first pair of stillettos.

Size 9, 2.5 inch heel, and they were like $15 at walmart.

Here are the links because the pics are so big

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zabijej/DSC03048.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Zabijej/DSC03045.jpg

I'm just absolutly stunned you found those at Walmart, Maybe my local Walmart would be worth a check.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Years ago I ran track, and one of our exercises was to run the bleachers (up and down, from left to right), and we had a large high school, so that was a lot of bleachers.

All on our toes.

We would also run pyramids on our toes (110, 220, 330, 440, 330, 220, 110). By the time we were done, our calf muscles were killing us, but after doing it a while, they adjusted.

The point was to build the calf muscle, but as a result, I often found myself walking on my toes, either too/from class in college, or just around campus. I still have a tendancy to do this today.

Hah, fun. I was in track in middleschool and we ran up and down the bleachers but never on toe. I wasn't good at anything so I quit, but because javelin is an event in highschool, I might do that.

I'm just absolutly stunned you found those at Walmart, Maybe my local Walmart would be worth a check.

Walmart is weird. Usually they just have "mom shoes" - brown leather slip-ons with a wedge heel and stubby toe - and variations on that theme. However, sometimes they have some really unique shoes.

Haha, I do that too and if there's music playing, I subconciously walk/move to its beat. I have good rythm, but too bad I can't dance XD

Oh god amen to that. I was on the drumline in school, I even did a little drum corps -- those guys are WAY too hardcore for me -- and have great rythm and such but I can't dance to save my life. Anyway, back to topic.

Ohhhhhhhhhh! how cute!! kitty heels!! :roll: Nice find though.

Man, you're getting caustic in your old age! :x

On a more serious note, :drinking:

Beyond that, I did notice that the angle between her instep and the landing was rather pronounced, about as much as in the pair of 4.5 inch heels I'm wearing this evening (previously shown on another thread).

Amazingly, this (your comment in response to her post) is the reason I started a poll about what standard should we use to denote the difference between a no/low/medium/high heels.

Check it out: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=7527&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Before you get your dander up, I know you were just having fun, so no worries, Hoverfly, eh? Thanks.

Man, you're getting caustic in your old age! :x

:wink:

On a more serious note, :drinking:

Beyond that, I did notice that the angle between her instep and the landing was rather pronounced, about as much as in the pair of 4.5 inch heels I'm wearing this evening (previously shown on another thread).

Amazingly, this (your comment in response to her post) is the reason I started a poll about what standard should we use to denote the difference between a no/low/medium/high heels.

Check it out: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=7527&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Before you get your dander up, I know you were just having fun, so no worries, Hoverfly, eh? Thanks.

Hakma Matata :sleeping:

• 2 weeks later...