N'Kisi: A Parrot who speaks in sentences...

Parrots are far more capable with language than most people imagine. They are also extremely inventive too, a friend's parrot always does an impression of an ambulance when he wants attention and then imitates someone snoring if he wants you to go away!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...

Language is common throughout the animal kingdom. It's form is most often gestural, but occasionally auditory. Dogs can understand dozens of verbal commands, but are more responsive to gestures. I find it fascinating that some parrots are capable of learning human language, and are obviously "thinking" in English, as would we. At only 4 years old, a 950-word vocabulary is absolutely amazing, even for a human! Time will tell as this bird teaches us more about reality.

• 3 months later...

It always amazes me when people think that some animals are "intelligent". It's not like animals will ever have the answer to the meaning of life or anything. Compared to a human, all animals are dumb.

A parrot thinking in English? Oh, please! Next, you'll be telling me trees are intelligent.

So just what's so amazing about talking animals? I don't suppose you've seen or heard some of the politicians we have here in Washington. Compared to some I know of, even that bird-brain has a lot going for itself. BTW did they mention if the brid was a Republican or a Democrat?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

The average intelligence of a African Gray is believed to be about an age of a 4 year old child.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Good, maybe we could nominate one for Speaker of the House! LMAO:fine:

Better off there than placing it in the CIA. :rocker:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!