Ice cream vans

OK, I know this probably sounds petty but there's an ice cream van that comes around my area every day, and I mean every day. Even when the weather's bad. It's not so much the van that I mind it's the chimes. It's a Godawful tortured rendition of the first few bars of "Old McDonald" and it's *loud*. So loud that I end up hearing the damn things seven or eight times in succession as you can hear it several streets away. I hate it! The bloody thing's just been round again and I've had to put Rammstein on at high volume to cover the noise and get Old McSoddingDonald out of my head! :roll: Phew, feel a bit better for that. Chris

chris u should live down my way, i have to listen out for the ice cream van or i miss it as it is very quiet.

Wouldn't matter how quiet it was, my kids would hear that ice cream van and start asking for one anyway. I have told them he only plays the tune when he has run out of ice cream. :roll:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I hear one in Pittsfield Maine that you can hear chiming "The Entertainer" at full volume. It's almost begging to have rocks thrown at it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Greensleeves has a special place in my hate list. I work doing second-line IT support for a holiday company and most of the resort offices have it as their hold music. I get that one on nearly every call, and have been known to hang up on people after a couple of minutes of it. If there was an ice cream van playing that I think I'd end up going postal! Chris

here is one for you, two summers ago, we nearly had a riot about the racket these trucks make. we had 5, i repeat 5 trucks touring our neighborhood.. usually simultaneously with all different songs playing full blast!!!! i do mean full blast!!! it's not the pesky horn thing alone or the pesky bells.. it's the actual placing of full radio sound systems to amp up the horn tired sound!! oh my goodness!!! and that time.. i was working nights.. so four or five times a day.. these five trucks would pass.. sometimes nose to tail around the blocks at least a few times each time!!! i nearly went postal!!!!!!!!! now there is a law passed banning the use of amped up car stereos to pump out their music... still loud but not as bad... but now.. i hate these things!!! RPM

• 3 weeks later...
Wouldn't matter how quiet it was, my kids would hear that ice cream van and start asking for one anyway. I have told them he only plays the tune when he has run out of ice cream. :roll:

I tried that one on Rosemarie but she asked why kids were walking away with icecream!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Greensleeves is used over here... (to death) but it's never too loud for Iron Maiden to drown out! Rammstein are ok I guess... I prefer Iron Maiden and Judas Preist.... Maiden's "Be Quick or Be Dead" or Judas Priest's "Painkiller" for example... it could be worse.... Rammstein is a millon times better than "Oops I did it again!" :roll: or Kylie Sodding Monogue... (music wise... but if the icecream person had kylie playing I would go "Postal" LOL! anything with that "DOOF DOOF DOOF" gets me IRATE.... But I can play Maiden or Preist to get to sleep!... :wink: later, TXT-1