Ever wear high heels in high school?

Adeana

I started this fun listing after reading the one 'heel height in school' in the 'everybody' thread. Anyone ever wear high heels to school? I don't mean the thick platform heel shoes or mules. I mean the stiletto heel that can be out-of-place especially high school, where we are the biggest rebels?...hehe I had 2 pair I wore in high school my senior year. I guess I was the 18 year old rebel! One was black and the other was white. Funny huh? I wore them with jeans cause I didn't have the guts to wear them with a skirt except for once that I can remember...hehe. They were from Xmas formal dress outfits and I had them but I guess I was being a rebel and I went through my closet a few times getting ready for school and was like 'What if I wore these?....yeah...I think I will!' It wasn't that bad because besides the bus stop and changing classes, I was pretty much sitting down all day. For gym class I took a pair of socks and my tennies so it was OK. I really actually got no comments that I can think of because the stuck up girls were into what they were wearing so they paid me no mind, and the guys are either not into heels then or are too shy to even make a comment. Those were the days with 'no parentals home' when I went left for school in them. Few times when I came home it was 'uh oh...parental car in driveway!...take heels off at front door and walk in barefoot!'. Or it was the 'pull the boot-cut hip-hugger jeans down lower to cover the heels!' Funny times!...............

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Yes when i was high school student, i often wear jeans with my high heeled boots. Usually black or brown leather knee high boots with 3 to 5 inches heels. Most of the details were covered up by the boot cut jeans. Boots are just sexy, they make me feel less vulnerable and the feeling is like don't mess with me.

Boot me up, Boot me down

In Year 10 I would wear 3" high heels on mufti days and by Year 12 I was up to 5" stiletto laceup high heel boots usually under a pair of jeans (although I did wear them with a skirt a couple of times to see what reaction I got!).

Roxanne, I like your style! I wore 2-3" stilettos all the way thru school until I got to the 6th form then i wore 5" most days!! Kinda had a lot of guys wanting to be friends with me then!! :roll:

What reaction did u get to ur boots?

Well yeah, a lot of guys were friendly and a couple of the teachers disapproved but I didn't care too much. I also caught a couple of the younger male teachers taking a second look if I walked past - hehe!

My female friends thought I was very daring to wear boots like those to school!

C'mon!....graduation didn't bring the high heels back? It did for my school. Even my room mate, who is 'ms. flat mules' as we can start calling her here....hehe...even wore heels that day!

I said the same thing Sharon. But luckily in high school you are sitting for 8 classes or so a day and just have to walk down the halls between classes. Not much walking, except for before and after school. I remember putting my feet on the back of the chair/desk in front of me. Under the back of the chairs had those racks or bars for bookes under the chairs and I would sort of get my heels hung up there...hehe. If anyone knows what I mean? I wore my heels a few times in high school, but more in college with nice outfits. More walking between buildings than walking down hallways for high school classes!

• 1 year later...

I doing it regulary... 5" stillettos pumps... i did wear thigh high boots sometimes too:)8) I know, i'm bad ! :unsure:

lol..i am with you, beisdes i love wearing thigh high boots too

Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 1 month later...

Hi, The secondary school I went to had a strict dress code up until 5th year (15/16). We had to wear school uniform before that and they wouldn't allow high heels. In the 5th year the girls got to decide on the colour of the uniform and the rules were less strict. Our year chose burgundy. I wore 4" stilettos right from the start of term. My parents were dead against it so I had to leave home in flatties and change before I got to school. I got some black looks from one or two teachers but I was never disciplined for it. I carried on with high heels when I went to sixth form college for my A levels. Love, Abi

• 2 months later...

I used to sneak my mothers stilettos out and change on the way to school. I got my first pair when I was 17, red court shoes with the highest heel I could possibly wear. I can still see them now, on my bedroom floor watching them from the bed. Hmm, the heel wasn't quite so high after I finished with them. Hiding them with jeans, barefoot through the house on arriving home..lol, Adeana your post sparks some fond memories. Rebellious and exciting times indeed. We'll never experience that kind of shoe wearing pleasure again. Or will we?.

• 3 months later...