I have a confession to make

shyguy

Back from Paris.... On Thursday I wore my Pr!vo flats sightseeing. My girlfriend told me about the reaction one girl gave to my shoes while riding the metro. I never noticed myself, but it was first of surprise, then of "mmmm...it actually looks good". On Friday I wore my Lil' Chic black ballerinas sightseeing including up the Eiffel Tower. The reactions of people were varied - some guys looking confused and amazed. One woman sat outside a cafe near Musee D'Orsay had a look of confusion on her face when me and my girlfriend walked past. My girlfriend was wearing trainers and I was wearing ballerinas. I guess the woman expected it to be the other way around. :roll: Apart from those reactions, not many people look at all. Today back home, I wore my black and white Replay Jeans Ballerina Trainer/Sneaker Flats around Oxford. Around charity shops in Headington, and then into the city centre afterwards. I was amused when a mother and daughter clocked on to what I was wearing when me and my girlfriend were browsing in Schuh. They were both curiously smiling. The shoes look like regular sneakers from a distance though but close up you realise what they are. I'm sure a couple of other people noticed but no major reactions. First time I've actually wore them around my home town. I'll post a pictures later.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Most people here, if they had to wear flat shoes, would probably just stick to men's shoes.

Not necessarily. I own three pair of women's sandals that I wear regularly during the summer. Two are toe thongs, and the third is a regular thong. I picked them because they do not look out of place on my feet (not too feminine, and somewhat masculine), and because they're extremely comfortable.

I tried men's sandals, but the massive leather just doesn't work, particularly the width - when the length is right, the width is huge, and I keep sliding out of them.

Hence, the women's sandals, which comfort very well to the dimensions of my feet.

I agree with dr1819's comment about womens shoes even flatties being much more comfortable. Every time I try on a pair of my wifes sandals they feel so much more comfortable than any "mens" pair I have ever had.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

As promised some pics of me in flatties that I wore around Paris last week:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice the people behind me in the last picture - no one is looking at my feet. I think this is a good testiment to those who have problems going out and about in their shoes!

The picture seems to have gone from your photobucket link NewfieGuyInHeels. I now have to confess again on here :roll: I have been wearing my ballerina pumps (flatties) to drive to and from work in the warmer weather, the openings at the toe and the cutout across the top make them ideal for keeping the feet cool on a 60 mile each way trip. On my way home I noticed the fuel was low, and debated whether to keep them on while refuelling. But I decided against it, I bottled out as I thought they looked too feminine and might draw attention. I changed into my usual footwear (which actually came from the womens section too, but are the same as mens style so don't count here as "womens" shoes) and filled up paid and left. Maybe next time I will keep them on whilst I fill up the tank.

I will probably wear some flatties this weekend. BTW - I've done get some petrol thing in a pair flatties lots of times now!

order me a pair too, and I'll give you the verdict then :roll: Those do look cool for low heels, let us all know if you get them and how they feel.

Decided against them. If I had the disposable income, I'd have gotten them.. hopefully they'll go back on sale sometime soon. As it stands I'm waiting on this payment for the sale of my car, then I'll definitely have the money to put out for them, whether they be $52 or $95

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

^ ixnay on the above post. I forgot to check my mail this weekend, BIRTHDAY MONEY! Just ordered em for $45 (which means I saved even more money). Furthermore, I got the last pair in 14W, so I'll see how they fit! :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Those pics will come soon enough. I'm still trying to figure out which outfits I prefer - nice shirts and khakis/slacks, or more casual with solid tees and jeans. Maybe I'll do both and let you all decide which looks better.

It's swimming time again, which for me means shaved legs :roll: if I can find a CD-friendly store, I may get fitted for a skirt. But don't hold your breath on that one, because that's a step that I've never envisioned taking to this point.

These are the shoes from different angles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice pics in here, making me feel less guilt about my flatties :roll: I thought I should do a quick update too, I have been wearing the ballet pumps that started this thread whilst driving, but still not filled up the fuel in them. I also just won a pair of 4" white stilettos on ebay, and will post pics soon. One other event of note, I have been wearing a pair of my wifes mules a lot in the garden, not particularly high heels but not the flat dull male ones you get. Recently a friend from work came for a barbecue at our house, and forgetting myself, I put on my wifes mules to do the barbecue. One of my daughters commented on "dads new shoes" and my wife pointed out they were hers, in front of my mate, he looked, said nothing, and carried on with the day. As we spend a lot of time at work mucking about and making jokey comments and remarks to each other, I expected this to become a topic of teasing, or at least some ribbing to take place, but nothing has been said. He was here again this weekend, and I wore them again, still nothing said. It ocurred to me though that this guy had a pair of high heeled wedge mules fall out of the back of his van one day, and he told me he had worn them to the van in the morning as his own shoes were wet. Who knows?