I have a confession to make

shyguy

I'm not sure how to start but here is my earnest confession... Recently mrs Shyguy and I were shopping for some clothes for her, and I suggested she try something different shoewise. I pointed out some ballerina pumps (very flat) as she doesn't do heels. When we got home and she was trying the clothes and shoes, as usual she offered me to try the shoes she had bought (this is now the norm for us when she gets new shoes, I also get to try them, and if I like them wear them occasionally). I tried them on, and (oh the shame :roll: ) I found I liked the feel, and the look of them on me. I finally took off those flat shoes 2 hours later, but have worn them since on a few occasions. This is my confession, I hope you guys can forgive this transgression into flatties, and accept me as a member in the HHPlace forums still. To make amends, I have to tell you I just ordered a pair of 5" stiletto court shoes in black from an ebay store, and hope this goes some way to vindicating me :wink: I will post some pics of the stilettos if it helps too.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

What's wrong with flatties? I love 'em! In fact I own many pairs now, and they're a great alternative to heels. The make great outfits and IMO, they are easier to pull off in public - that is you down have to worry about changed walking style and just the fact that you are wearing heels. I think they are great for freestyling! (Not that I'm disparaging heels at all or saying people shouldn't streetheel). Shyguy, maybe now you are partial to wearing flats, maybe your wife won't mind you so much going out in public in women's shoes! :roll:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Ballerina flats are great. I have several pair. Tell us, what color are they? Got pic? If your wife is going to egg you on to wearing them, that trumps any opinion you're going to hear on a chat board. :wink: Who knows, maybe she'll get competitve and start wearing heels. :roll:

Shyguy, This website isn't about only wearing heels. It's about being accepted for who you are and what you like. If you occasionally like flats, more power to you. According to alot of people here, you should alternate your footware. I tend to only wear some kind of heel, but that is just me. Who knows, I might be the one damaging my foot in the long run while you perserve yours by occasionally wearing flats. Wear what you like. More power to you! Scotty

Maybe I'm weird - but I really don't do flats very well. Shower shoes and rubber flip-flops - ugh. After a couple of hours my feet feel like the arches are gonna go. Another couple of hours and I'm out of it! To my mind (and feet) even a 2" heel is better than none.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I'm not sure how to start but here is my earnest confession...

Recently mrs Shyguy and I were shopping for some clothes for her, and I suggested she try something different shoewise. I pointed out some ballerina pumps (very flat) as she doesn't do heels. When we got home and she was trying the clothes and shoes, as usual she offered me to try the shoes she had bought (this is now the norm for us when she gets new shoes, I also get to try them, and if I like them wear them occasionally). I tried them on, and (oh the shame :roll: ) I found I liked the feel, and the look of them on me.

I finally took off those flat shoes 2 hours later, but have worn them since on a few occasions.

This is my confession, I hope you guys can forgive this transgression into flatties, and accept me as a member in the HHPlace forums still.

To make amends, I have to tell you I just ordered a pair of 5" stiletto court shoes in black from an ebay store, and hope this goes some way to vindicating me :wink: I will post some pics of the stilettos if it helps too.

Shy, I'd hope to see some pictures of the flats also. This may be an inappropriate question but did anything occur that encouraged you to keep the flats on for so long? Did anything also occur on the other occasions?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Arrrggghhhh! Flats! Noooooooooooooooooo! Ban the heretic! :roll: Just kidding, if you like them go for it! Especially if Mrs Shyguy would be more accepting of them. I kind of understand where Guy N Heels is coming from, I find standing in low heels (2 - 3 inch) more comfortable than in flats. In flats my heels start to ache after a bit. Chris

The traitor!!! Off with his head!!! :roll:

JK

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The traitor!!! Off with his head!!!

Ahh that explains all the pictures on the site of guys wearing heels but with no head showing, they were caught wearing flatties by hoverfly.

Boylegs et al The ballerina pumps are these ones at http://www.evans.co.uk/stores/Evans/images/product/ERV45/ERV45-ms.jpg From Evans

in black too, I gotta confess I want some of my own now but don't think mrs Shyguy will go with that.

did anything occur that encouraged you to keep the flats on for so long? Did anything also occur on the other occasions?

Don't know exactly what you mean by that, but I just liked wearing them is why I kept them on. If you were inferring something sexual, the answer is no, wearing womens shoes just feels good to me, not really a great turn on, mostly I find it therapeutic, and find the shoes more comfortable. I also keep them on when I get the chance as mrs Shyguy doesn't really like my "shoe thing" so we have compromises in place to keep us both happy.

Truth be told. If I could find very pointed toe, low cut slip on flats with a one half inch heels I would buy many pairs......larry.

http://tinyurl.com/gnfc4

Posted Image

eh?

As for me, I love flats too.

Posted Image

See, 50/50. Probably more in favor of the flats after considering the shoes that were bought after this pic was taken.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

My ankles and calves look way too thick in flats and much sexier in heels. JMO---I'll stick to wearing heels. If you all enjoy wearing flats, so be it. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well I did it, I actually went in and bought myself a pair of these flatties from an Outfit outlet which carries a selection from Evans, Dorothy Perkins and other stores. I got home with them, and my 5" stilettos had arrived too, so tonight is a trying on, and enjoying night. If any man here still hasn't bought their own "womens" shoes, then it's just as everyone always says, no one notices or cares. This was the first time I ever bought womens shoes except from online or catalogues. So I went into the store, walked around (this was a womens clothing only section BTW) and found the shoes. I picked out my size 8UK and walked to an empty counter. The woman who attended the counter was just restocking a shelf next to it, and said "sorry, if you want to pay for those you will have to go to the other counters" "oh oh" I thought because the other counters had a queue, but held my head up and thanked her with a smile. I waited inline at the other counter holding my prospective shoe purchase, no looks, no comments. At the counter the lady just run them through the barcode reader, put them in a bag, and took my debit card for payment. We both said our thank you's and I walked out with the shoes in a bag. So another apology from Shyguy, Sorry for the lack of drama, but for my first time, I was nervous, without need to be. So if you are thinking of buying your own shoes, remember a slogan from a well known brand and "Just Do It" no one has time to really care if they're for you or not. OK, will try and post somewhere later my contrasting shoes, flats to 5"ers

I've been buying my own heels in shops for ages. I still get a bit nervous, and have only tried a pair on once, but like Shyguy says it's easy. Most of the time the staff either assume that I'm buying them for a girlfriend, or guess that they're for me but don't care. Let us know which pair you prefer. I can't do buying two pairs at once, I get too excited and spend ages deliberating about which to wear! Chris

This topic doesn't even deserve a reply. I wear flats more then I wear heels. Who doesn't. Comfort is better then feeling naughty. Going out in public with fuck me boots may seem ok at night, when everyone is wild and crazy, but going out in the going about the whole day in slut shoes, well... makes people think your working, so to speak...

This topic doesn't even deserve a reply. I wear flats more then I wear heels. Who doesn't. Comfort is better then feeling naughty. Going out in public with fuck me boots may seem ok at night, when everyone is wild and crazy, but going out in the going about the whole day in slut shoes, well... makes people think your working, so to speak...

Why doesn't it deserve a reply? Most people here, if they had to wear flat shoes, would probably just stick to men's shoes.

Shyguy was merely sharing that he now appreciates flat women's shoes too. For a while, we here balked at the idea of wearing flats - in jest, of course.

Oh, and some of us - myself included - are perfectly comfortable in 2-3 inch heels. It's not as polarized as you make it seem. :roll:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

As promised here are pics of the shoes I got.

5" courts

Posted Image

Ballerina flatties

Posted Image

And the boxed 5"

Posted Image

And 5" stilettos with knee highs

Posted Image

I'd like to do some better wearing shots, but we don't have any well lit mirrors here to do it.

The 5"ers I have managed to wear for about half an hour, and actually walked in quite easily, probably due to practise in my 4" heels before. But I did need the next size up from my usual, I am an 8UK the Ebay seller suggested in the description to go a size larger so I ordered a 9UK and these still pinch a little at the toes. Obviously walking in the flat ballerina pumps didn't require any practise :roll:

Here is a picture of all the "womens" shoes I now own (my wife says it's too many)

Posted Image

Shyguy I´m not much into flats, but nice 5" pumps. I must say I disagree with your wife (although mine says the same): heels are not too many! My collection is about 40 pairs and growing - probably more woman´s shoes than male ones. Keep it growing. DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Shyguy:-) They all say that. Mickey says that I have too many pairs of boots. Although not into flats myself, (the lowest heel that I wear is 1.5" in height), I'm sure that you will enjoy your ballerina flats a lot. I like your patent pumps, anyways. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I tried them on, and (oh the shame :roll: ) I found I liked the feel, and the look of them on me.

I finally took off those flat shoes 2 hours later, but have worn them since on a few occasions.

Why shame? My question is direction not to just shyguy, but to all men and women who wear heels and/or flats.

There should be no shame in wearing something different than what most people wear. You're simply wearing something different.

Why shame? My question is direction not to just shyguy, but to all men and women who wear heels and/or flats

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, I was saying I was ashamed to be admitting I liked the flatties on a high heel forum.

As for being ashamed of wearing "womens" shoes, I am not ashamed to wear them, but more wary of how others percieve a man wearing them.

Let us know which pair you prefer.

I have to admit the 5" courts gave me the biggest buzz, but the flats were easier to wear for a long time around the house, but I only get to wear any of my shoes when everyone else is out which doesn't happen often.

My favourite of all the shoes I have is probably the boots at the top right of the picture of my collection. Reason: my wife bought them for me even though she doesn't particularly like me wearing "womens" shoes. and second they fit and feel just great.

Flats can form part of a great outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mikey63, I own a few of pairs of sneaker style flats. Here's my favourites:

Posted Image

Black Perdita Flats by Pr!vo by Clarks. By far the most comfortable pair of shoes I own! They look great too! (They're actually unique as I've only seen two other people wearing since I bought them). I love them. :roll:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Flats can form part of a great outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mikey63, I own a few of pairs of sneaker style flats. Here's my favourites:

Posted Image

Black Perdita Flats by Pr!vo by Clarks. By far the most comfortable pair of shoes I own! They look great too! (They're actually unique as I've only seen two other people wearing since I bought them). I love them. :roll:

Heel-D, why not flat Ballerinas? They are not my thing but look at my motto!

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Heel-d, I think it was one of your posts before showing your flatties which inspired me to try them for myself. I thought they looked pretty good in your pictures.

Ahh that explains all the pictures on the site of guys wearing heels but with no head showing, they were caught wearing flatties by hoverfly.

Boylegs et al The ballerina pumps are these ones at http://www.evans.co.uk/stores/Evans/images/product/ERV45/ERV45-ms.jpg From Evans

in black too, I gotta confess I want some of my own now but don't think mrs Shyguy will go with that.

Don't know exactly what you mean by that, but I just liked wearing them is why I kept them on. If you were inferring something sexual, the answer is no, wearing womens shoes just feels good to me, not really a great turn on, mostly I find it therapeutic, and find the shoes more comfortable. I also keep them on when I get the chance as mrs Shyguy doesn't really like my "shoe thing" so we have compromises in place to keep us both happy.
Shy, I can identify with you to some degree. I have a pair of white leather flats with a half inch stacked wood heel that I've had for more than 20 years. I often wear them for comfort when I'm home alone. My wife does not share with me as she wears 6 and a half where I wear 11W. I'm more likely to wear at home alone since she doesn't always react the same way. I have some heels that make me feel sexy and I have a pair of slingbacks that got her turned on when I wore them (strange but true). Other times her reaction is negative. Just never know which way its going to be.

As promised here are pics of the shoes I got.

5" courts

Posted Image

And 5" stilettos with knee highs

Posted Image

The 5"ers I have managed to wear for about half an hour, and actually walked in quite easily, probably due to practise in my 4" heels before.

Sharp looking heels there, Shyguy. Since I can't wear 5" heels I'll now have to repent of envy.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I too now own a pair of flats. And I have to say I really like them, I just got them not an hour ago from Zellars. They were $29.97 cdn on for $19.97, that was enough for me lol

Posted Image

I may end up cutting the strappy things off, not sure if I like them yet? All comments and suggestions are welcome as always!