Reading/Oxford heelmeet

shakedown

Reading or Oxford?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Reading or Oxford?

Wot no options for Peterborough or Cambridge? (I voted Reading as there's less chance of running into mother!)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Could have more, but I thought the more options there were, the more likely the results would be a spread of 1's across all options... although I voted Oxford as I've been round Reading town centre many times and have never checked out Oxford.

I'm gonna probably be busy until mid-July. Oxford or Reading is fine with me, but I'd prefer Reading, as Dr Shoe says "less chance of running into mother". (No we don't have the same mother!).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Oxford for me. We have had a meeting at Oxford before, but no offence to Reading, there's not much comparison when it comes to pubs, architecture, culture, and alternative lifestyle! I can't do June 17th, July 9th, or June 27th 28th 29th.

My vote’s also for Oxford. My folks often go there shopping on a Saturday but I’m willing to take the risk. If the weather’s nice, we could go punting! ... in stilettos :roll: !!! June 3rd‘s no good for me but the other June/July Saturdays are free at the moment.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I've shoe shopped in both. Oxford has a next clearance - so you can get good deals. Reading has more "cheaper" shoes although for me, sz 9 is rarer!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

One of the shoe shops, the cheap-ass one on Broad St (Priceless? Can't remember the name) has now shut down, so not so many cheap shops now.

If you are too open-minded your brains will fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

Heelfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a final call (with only a week to go now!) - "All aboard that's comin' aboard!":

FUN SUMMER 2003 HEEL-MEET AND SHOPPING/EATING/CHATTING/PUBBING DAY!

OXFORD (U.K.), NEXT SATURDAY 12th JULY 10 am to EVENING!.

MEET OUTSIDE OXFORD UNIVERSITY BOOKSHOP, 116-117 HIGH STREET, OXFORD AT 10 am (ANYONE DELAYED - RING FIREFOX'S MOBILE 07941 172043). GUYS AND GALS ALL MOST WELCOME (WHETHER IN HEELS OR NOT) TO MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

This was where we met last time

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?num=100&hl=en&lr=&q=university+bookshop&near=Oxford&radius=0.0&cid=51752279,-1255856,3106868553156775487&ll=51.752879,-1.255242&spn=0.026514,0.054073&t=h&om=1

i live in Newbury so reading & oxford are both local to me,my personal preference is Oxford as there is more choice for bigfoots.....

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

• 3 weeks later...

My constructive comments: 1. Although we met outside a shop on that Oxford Heelmeet 2 or 3 years ago (my very first of many UK Heelmeets!), I think our more recent practice of meeting in a coffee bar such as Starbucks is much better, so we can sit and sip whilst people arrive. 2. Chris - for your "Oop North" meet idea, I suggest this would be better persued by you starting your own thread here on "Real Life Meetings" giving your suggested town, date, etc., rather than continuing on this Oxford meet thread. I'm sure it would take off with Daz and all the other members oop north! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

1. Although we met outside a shop on that Oxford Heelmeet 2 or 3 years ago (my very first of many UK Heelmeets!), I think our more recent practice of meeting in a coffee bar such as Starbucks is much better, so we can sit and sip whilst people arrive.

Sounds good, does anyone know of one to meet in?

Heel-D is correct... it's at 6/7 Cornmarket Street.

http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Our+Stores/_Store+Locator/StoreLocatorMap.htm?a=1&StoreKey=41579&IC_O=51.7563082659998%3a-1.25950790712639%3a32%3aOxford%2c+England%2c+United+Kingdom&GAD1_O=&GAD2_O=&GAD3_O=Oxford%2c+England%2c+United+Kingdom&GAD4_O=&Radius=5&CountryID=242&DataSource=MapPoint.EU&DistanceUnit=Kilometer

It has an upstairs lounge with views onto the street so should be ideal.

May be pretty busy on a Saturday though...

I'm gonna be in Oxford on 8th July so will do a 'recce' for you.

So is the meet up on 15th July definitely happening then?

I'm up for it although, thanks to the missus getting a new part-time Saturday job, I may now not be able to get there til 3:00pm (minimal shopping opportunities for me then :x ).

Shakedown / Heel-D or anyone else who is definitely going - - - can you please PM me a mobile tel. number so that I can track down the group when I get to Oxford. ta v. much.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I cannot do July 15th. It's my cousin's 30th Birthday and she's throwing a BBQ at her place in the afternoon, so I will give this one a miss I'm afraid (it'll be cutting things fine if I go TBH). Sorry guys! Seeing as we're all local to each other I'm sure we could arrange another meet at some point. :roll:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Nor can I because it's the day before my birthday and there is a lot that needs to get done so I can just kick back on sunday and relax. It's a shame though cos I was looking forward to it...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Looks like attendee numbers are dwindling... :roll: I'm still up for it, although I can't get there til after 3:00pm which rather buggers up the shopping element. Should we be thinking about postponing until Heel-D & Dr Shoe (and others?) are available? And maybe until the shops start getting some autumn stuff in as well?(oxford city centre shops appear pretty light on everything except wedges and sandals at the moment)

Hi Having seen the shops at the moment I think it is definitely worth postponing until the Autumn. Shops are only trying to shift the summer stock at present. Give it a month or 2 and the autumn/winter stuff should be in. I should be up for joining you then. Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv