5" black patent stilettos.

larry

Yup. I bought them several years ago for $195.00 at a botique in NY. They were my first pair and still my favorite high heels. Thursday last I stumbled and loosened a heel from the shoe. Friday I called a shoe repair several towns over. The owner promised his discretion and said to bring in both shoes and I did. I brought the shoes into the cobbler in a shoe box and his eyes popped. There were other customers in the store and thankfully he didnt wave my high heels around for all to see. He said in broken english You come ina da back. He said that these beautifull shoes were made in england and he could loosen the other heel and reinforce and attach both heels with barge cement and hardware. I dont know what that means. He was speaking to another female employee in back and she said that she wanted to see me walk in my high heels. Yesterday I picked up my heels and I was wearing knee hi nylons under my slacks and deck shoes. The lady employee said you comoma here ana try these on and I did. She was watching my every move and was facinated as I walked back and forth in the back of the store. Any way $15.00 for heel repar and that included new heel tips! Not bad huh?........Larry.

Love those heels!

Cool. Reminds me of a similiar incident I had with a local repair place. When my wedge boots ripped, I had my wife take them in for me. She is a size 6.5 and the boots are an 11. She made an excuse they were for a friend but when she picked them up he said "they are very nice, very comfortable" so I can only assume he tried them on.

Incredible experiences :D If I was more confident I'd probably go into shops and buy boots rather than order them from the net, although I cannot see me trying them on like what you guys describe. I'm willing to bet the woman who was watching you walk in the 5" heels would be gawping the same as I would, In awe of someone managing heels that high without platforms! Amazing

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

Balacau, You get confidence a step at a time. Trying on shoes in the shop is the greatest fun! You really should try it - go somewhere like Faith, where they only sell ladies shoes. If Newcastle's a bit intimidating take a trip down to London. Believe me they've seen it all before, and seen a lot of us before.

Balacau,

....go somewhere like Faith, where they only sell ladies shoes. If Newcastle's a bit intimidating take a trip down to London. Believe me they've seen it all before, and seen a lot of us before.

I've lost count of how many boots I have bought in the 2 Faith shops in Oxford Street, and yes, they really are not fazed at all, because Faith's 9's tend to run a tad small I always try on in the shop first.

Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

I had took some of my heels to local repairs in the past without incidents, not even a second look or popped eyes. I always say that they are my wife´s heels. You guys from the north are luck to have shops where sales people are used to men trying heels. I´ve never tried on heels in shops, but I remember one incident when I went to a fetish shoe shop in my city, to change a pair of plataform sandals I had bought to my wife. This shop is specialized in plataform heels, and have lots of drags and transgendered people as clients. Inside the shop there was an old man, dressed in an elegant suit, talking to the sales woman. He was buying some plataforms sandals. As soon as I entered the shop, the lady stopped talking to him and came to assist me. When she was changing the pair I had brought, I could take a look at the pair that man was buying - a very sexy pair of plataform sandals in size 11. I´m shure he was buying those heels for himself! I presume the lady solved my problem as soon as possible, so she could return to the old man and sell him the heels in privacy again. Sometimes my wife dares me to try heels in shops, but I´m sitll not brave enough to do it here in Brazil...

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

I did it here in Brazil after sometime buying shoes without trying and when in home, didn't fit. It's terrible. When I got married my wife said that I don't need to prove anithing to anyone. She loves me and she has no problem at all with me wearing heels. After that, I started trying shoes at the store, even if full of people. I just look around to see if anyone that works with me is present. Since I wear large sizes the stores I go for shopping should work with TV/TS/CD/Fetish people and don't have problems with me wearing, walking and asking. Actually they help me to find a correct pair, make measurents, give advices about how to put shoes on, give compliments about the look and everything. My life got better after start trying shoes at stores.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.