German Ebay

mskim61

I was on USA Ebay searching thru shoes and boots, got tired of seeing the same old "junk"(i.e.made in China, all manmade...), and decided to search German Ebay for high heels. There is a whole different world of styles and manufacturers available. Too bad one has to deal with the language barrier, currency conversion. paypal and international shipping. Actually maybe that's a good thing because I could see spending a lot of money over there

I've been searching Ebay Germany for some time, and the available styles are indeed different than other ebay sites. Though there is still enough 'highest Heel' and 'Pleaser' on offer. But if you're looking for a bargain Ebay Germany seems not the place to be. Often the starting bid is already high, otherwise there are some many interested that the auction ends with nearly 'buy it now' bids. Shiping tends to be pricy with German sellers, probably because item are shipped with DHL, ... I can't believe that currency conversion and paypal are a major setbacks. The language barrier is can't be missed, that's a fact. But if you need any help, just ask :D BeHeels

--- Going up, up ... ---

I use it all the time and I'm not in Germany either. I do ask them in German though if they are willing to ship to here if I pay up front by bank deposit. Inside the EU though, we have this magnificent IBAN system for international wire transfers, it's free and takes only 2 days. That's obviously another barrier if you want to buy from far away. PayPal is not so popular in Europe because it doesn't fill a need as much as it did in the US. Most Germans are quite pragmatic and are easily convinced because they have nothing to loose and if you pay immediately after auction end, they get the money on their account usually quicker than from a domestic buyer. I've had only once a bad experience and that was when I got sent a pair of boots in different sizes. And I didn't have time to look at them for a month or two after it arrived so couldn't complain any more... Also worth looking at are the ebay.it, .es, .be, .nl and .co.uk sites. Sometimes marktplaats.nl also has something. B

What's all the fuss about?

Inside the EU though, we have this magnificent IBAN system for international wire transfers, it's free and takes only 2 days.

Only in the Euro currency area. It's certainly not free if you live in the UK :D

Indeed, I pay £14 a pop via IBAN. I find it cheaper (and easier) to go to the post office to get euros and pop them in an evelope and send them recorded delivery. Ebay Germany is a fabulous place to go for leatherwear, I bought a red leather catsuit for around £90 including postage. A quarter of the price you'd pay in the UK. Black catsuits can be had even cheaper.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Only in the Euro currency area. It's certainly not free if you live in the UK :cry:

If I'm not mistaken, it ought to be free (or to be completely accurate: "not more expensive than a domestic transfer") still. There is a specific payment type, usually called "Eurotransfer", which works to any currency in the EU. And most EU currencies are pegged to the Euro anyway so the exchange rates shouldn't be a surprise either.

If I recall well, the three conditions are

1) it has to be electronic (internet or other non-teller banking)

2) it requires an IBAN in electronic format (ie. IBAN without spaces)

3) it requires the BIC (Bank ID Code)

I think there was a EU law passed that mandated this so it's not a matter of choice for the banks.

I know for a fact that with my bank it works from the Eurozone to the other EU currencies and have tried it to Sterling, Estonian Krone, and Swedish Kronor.

Probably the bank ripped you off... That's still common I'm afraid, my brother needed to pay me something and also got charged something like your £14. He complained and his bank said "aah but you didn't say you wanted a _Europayment_ so we chose a "normal" international transfer instead!". He got his money back but I guess the banks try and get away with it quite often.

My workmate here said just a few days ago: "Don't rob a bank. Establish one". That says it all :D

B

What's all the fuss about?

hallo, in this way we Europien do ower banking busniss. In the US everybody wants and has ceditcarts and with that it looks unsave to us Europien getting the code to the shops for paying internet buying. What is better or what gets smoother is more a question of how the person is used to the system and how it has developt during the years. And the languets English is be leared on lot of place in Europa. German in a big part be know and spoken and a lot of other sounds. But thats perhaps the beauty of Europa. Every state has is languets and his culture. Compairing to US you find everywere the same shops. and the old culture is put in reservates and slony dieing out. But so are there to much differents between US and Europa. But we love ower high heels and that goes all over the world,no matter where you come from. Go on Heels A3

Being in North America, it's not work looking at the eBays in Europe because the shipping would be expensive with some sellers (from what I've seen...correct me if i'm wrong). I normally use eBay Canada. I don't notice that much difference from the selection to that of the regular .com eBay. Only thing good abuot the Canada one is it shows you the price in your currency.

And the languets English is be leared on lot of place in Europa.

Really? What about the formulation "and the language English is learned nowadays in the most european countries"? You should take my criticism seriously but don't bother too much about it :D

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi! Though I live in Germany I always check eBay US, UK or ... for offers. This is because there are some particular styles that won't be sold in Germany ever. If it's available elsewhere and in my size then - heck with the shipping - I gotta have'em!!! I do use PayPal, credit card, bank wire transfer (BIC/IBAN) and the like as long as I only get what I want! CU! -Mike