High Heels in Snow?!

Louis heels

Hi everyone, I just love seeing a girl wearing sexy heels. But there are some times when high heels are not the best footwear! Here in the middle of the UK we've been having snow a bit lately and I've seen several women really struggling with high heels on slippy icy pavements. Why do girls it? What is so great about heels that women will still wear them even when the pavements are snowy and treacherous. Have any of you people worn high heels in the snow?! Anybody slipped over recently coz they were wearing heels when the paths were slippery? Also, why are so many high heels made with soles with no grips on, it makes them lethal on slippery paths!! Does anybody else have problems with slippery high heels? Cheers, Louis.

I love high heels. Especially stilettos with sexy pointy toes!

I've worn heels on really slick/wet ground before.... never on snow. I didn't know that the ground was slippery, and I just happened to have my highest heels on. It was a bit more cumbersome to balance, but not that hard overall.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Ice and snow here hasn't stopped me from wearing my beloved stiletto boots. The other day I was even out shovelling in front of the theatre in them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have worn my thigh boots with 4” and 5” stiletto heels in the snow without problems. Ice, however, is a another thing altogether. On ice, I prefer my flat heeled boots or just sitting inside and looking out at all the other people slipping around. Snow presents another problem for thigh boots worn over jeans or slacks. The top of the boot flairs out a bit leaving an open gap between the top of the boot and the jeans. When the snow is falling it seems to collect in this gap. One day when it was really snowing hard, I went inside one day and had to take my boots off to get the snow out of them. Something else to watch out for in snow and ice is salt. Be sure you have a good layer of polish on leather boots or some other protection for them then be sure to clean the salt water off as soon as you can.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I dont know about everyone else but it has been realy cold here in england. and we had snow the other day and i saw this lovely lady.

I had to ask if i could take a pic because i dont know if you have seen this before but i had'nt and i thought it was amazing :D

she was walking to the local shops from some flats and she did say her feet where freezing .

Posted Image

Oooooooooh the things we put our selves for fashion or self pleasure and/or torture. The GF and I went out Early for a New Years Eve dinner, both of us wearing heels. My self a chunky 4" heel boot and my GF a 3.5" heel semi chunky boot, neither one of us had problems waking through the snow that had been acclimating that evening. I would be more worried about the ice than snow.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Walking in snow in smooth soles a quick way to fall, but with a tread of some sort on them, a lot more stable. On glare ice, not much hepls, but on snow the thin heels do dig in a bit. Nice to hear the snow crunch under the heel as you walk, and even dig in a bit on packed snow

one of the only times ive ever been out in "public" with heels was walking at night time in a pair of knee high 2.5inch heels with a block heel....they are actually much prefferable to my skateboarding shoes because of the relatively grippy sole they have. I dont think id want to wear stilleto's out in the snow any more than Id want to wear them on dry ground....not too much :D

I dont know about everyone else but it has been realy cold here in england. and we had snow the other day and i saw this lovely lady.

I had to ask if i could take a pic because i dont know if you have seen this before but i had'nt and i thought it was amazing :D

she was walking to the local shops from some flats and she did say her feet where freezing .

Posted Image

oh my, what a brave lady! nice shoes too.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I wear stiletto heeled thigh-boots in the snow. Lovely and warm. The smooth soles can be tricky - but if they have steel tips on the heels (as all mine do) - they can be dug in to provide a bit of traction to stop slipping.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"