Is anyone as pissed off with the bloody Soccer World Cup as

It shows how little the pundits know. Six weeks of build up and surmising, and they still get it wrong. Like I said at the beginning, I don't mind watching the odd match, it's the build up that bores me. By watching the game it's the only certain way to know the result anyway!

Seems 'we' are doing not so bad after all.. The Korean team is doing quite well and guess what.. They have a Dutch coach! :smile: I must admit, I haven't seen a single match yet. And tend to keep it that way.. :grin:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Well guess what, we have a Swedish coach! I think this tournament shows how we are becoming more one world as the less favoured countries actually have many players who play aboroad in the big leagues. It's possible England will play Denmark. That will be the big showdown between Laurie and us Brits :smile:

Well finally Denmark made it ! And our incredibly proud and ambitious french team is flying back to Paris as I'm typing this... That's the end of Zidane on every magazine cover (at least for a few weeks), and that's actually very pleasant! :smile:

It's obvious the French put too much faith in Zidane, much the same as England do with Beckham. Meanwhile Ireland show the world that they can do without Roy Keane. Still here's hoping England fare better against the Dane's than France. COME ON ENGLAND!

On 2002-06-12 16:29, Firefox wrote:

After England's slovenly performance against Nigeria, it will indeed be England versus Denmark in the knockout stages. I'm predicting 1-0 to England.

I agree, at least it will make those mobile phone posters true!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hard choice... perfect bottoms against "french" fries, good beers, and the amazing phuonginheels... My choice definitely goes to the heely side !!! :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfheel on 2002-06-16 15:01 ]</font>

I'm predicting 2-0 to Brazil (at least on paper) though we have seen so many shocks in this tournament it could be 1-0 to Belgium!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Guess y'all 'r' really gonna be pissed if the dark horse of all dark horses (US!) takes the cup, 'ey?? (GLOAT, GLOAT!) :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-18 06:19 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Azraelle... errr... I have to admit that I would be severely hurt if it ever happens that the US team made up its way to winning the world cup ! :grin: But in this terrible competition where France can not score a single goal, USA defeats Mexico, and Italy falls down in front of Korea, I really don't know what to think about that stupid sport... :smile:

Brazil- Belgium should have been 2-1, Brazil got lucky. I hate to say it, but I think USA are going to get whipped by the Germans. Brazil-England is too close to call. I just fancy England, 3-2.

• 3 weeks later...