How Did You Get Him to Wear Those Boots?

Magickman

"How Did You Get Him to Wear Those Boots?" the woman asked Cindi. We were at a Halloween Party at Meister's Bar and Grill in Scandia, Minnesota last Saturday. This is a small town, working class joint. There was a costume contest, so "Jake the Pirate" and "Cindi the Leopard Girl" made another appearance. I had on my knee high boots with four inch heels, and the whole pirate get up. It was a friendly atmosphere and we got lots of compliments on our costumes. While I was in the washroom, a woman asked Cindi, "How Did You Get Him to Wear Those Boots? Are they yours?" Cindi was quick on her feet, (in the leopard skin print boots) and she replied, "Those are buccaneer boots," which seemed to satisfy the curious onlooker. Cindi and I thought this was hilarious, because boots with four inch heels are my usual evening-out footwear. The folks at Meister's thought Cindi had to talk me into wearing heel boots. Little did they know. Halloween allows people even in small towns to dress up in unusual garb, and another woman smiled at me and said, "Nice boots." The grand prize costume $100.00 award went to "Billy Bob," a beer belly brandishing, butt-crack showing, trash talking, tractor hat wearing, good ol' farm boy, with a cowpie face. Brave Cindi sang Karaoke, which earned us two free drinks. DJ Dan was the entertainment, with lots and lots of country music. Then it was off to another Halloween party over at Wendy Lou's, in Dresser, Wisconsin. Once again, I entered and lost the costume contest, but I did get Cindi to dance with me, to the Rock-a-Billy sounds of the Johnny Trash Band. It was better than you think. They were great musicians with an energetic show. Once again we got a number of compliments on our costumes, and several women gave me a smile, and a "Nice boots." We stayed at Wendy Lou's until the band wrapped up their set, before returning home. It was a great night for both Cindi and me to go Halloween heeling.

Sounds like things are continuing to go well with you and Cindi. They wouldn't happen to have been stiletto heels boots were they?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted asked, "They wouldn't happen to have been stiletto heels boots were they?"

Sorry, but no. My footwear for Halloween was black knee high Hot Kiss "Gambler" boots with 4 1/2" chunky heels.

I wanted to tell you about sightings at the Halloween party at Wendy Lou's in Dresser, Wisconsin. It was mostly a college age crowd, pretty wild, with a lot of creative costumes. Many of the women wore nice high heeled boots, and even a few of the men. That was a change, me not being the only high heeled man in the house.

There were even a few fellows in full drag, among the many costumes. Witches, monsters, vampires, hoochie mamas, birds, crossdressers, and masked creatures, the full panopoly of characters.

And, you know what? No one bothered me or any of the other guys in heels. Of course, it was Halloween, when anything goes, but this is becoming more typical.

For the last few years, I have been heeling in public most of the time, at stores, offices, restaurants, bars, taverns, dances, dates, social events, and government bureaus, even for voting, all without incident. I have worn heels to meet women, and on first dates. Nothing bad has happened to me. Women smile, children giggle, and dogs wag their tails.

I walk tall and proud, in my heel boots. It is about confidence and attitude, I think, head held high, like a monarch surveying his realm. Many guys at this site are still wearing only at home, or in dark and deserted locales, away from prying eyes, but that need not be so.

Most folks today tolerate, if not accept, a man in heels. And even if they don't like it, so what? In a free society, choices like footwear are appropriately left to the individual. You can choose shoes or boots that you like, and not worry about someone else's preferences. Very few people give me any crap about my heel boots, and I get many compliments.

I am suggesting that public heeling is OK, not dangerous or embarrassing. You can do it, too.

Lets hear about more of your heeling experiences.

I finally made my first outing in public. Of course it's was a typical reason to go in public, after all it was holloween. My nieghbor hosted a party. She invited all her friends. My wife suggested I dress as "puss in boots" (loved the character in the Shrek movie) and she dressed as Mrs. Puss (in boots I might say ;)) Boy was I nervous. What would they think? I wore my thigh high brown 4" boots, and my wife wore here black suede 3" thigh highs. We were the hit of the party! My nieghbor is openly gay, which will I add is of no problem to me. I/we are 100% understanding. She is a very close friend. So the party members were thrilled to see us dressed in non-straight costumes. What a blast we had. As the night progressed, both me and my wife ended up showing off our collection of boots. I 'm still leary of public displays, but this was a first for me. My wife stayed next to my side and made the evening most enjoyable. midthigh

I don't get out a lot due to a heavy work schedule and not much money (divorced and paying for it!); but, each Saturday for the last 3 weeks I have had to run over to Home Depot for things. It is, of course, a pretty macho place. I wear my boots with 4" chunky heels. I walk in, find what I'm looking for (or ask a clerk for directions) and go about my business. I have difficulty telling whether people notice, are concerned or what. I'm in a hurry and don't spend time looking around to see who is watching. It is just an errand and I am just a guy in boots. I see some sour faces, but I see them everywhere. I've wondered if it is disapproval, but I have no way of knowing without asking. I just carry on. As it says in the title of the Richard Feynman biography, "What do you care, what other people think?" Frankly, I don't give a damn what they think. They are my feet and my boots. By the way, the Feynman book is a hoot to read. He was a Nobel winning physicist, with interests in everything. Reading it makes you want to be a genius. Bluetango

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

Shafted asked, And, you know what? No one bothered me or any of the other guys in heels. Of course, it was Halloween, when anything goes, but this is becoming more typical.

For the last few years, I have been heeling in public most of the time, at stores, offices, restaurants, bars, taverns, dances, dates, social events, and government bureaus, even for voting, all without incident. I have worn heels to meet women, and on first dates. Nothing bad has happened to me. Women smile, children giggle, and dogs wag their tails.

I walk tall and proud, in my heel boots. It is about confidence and attitude, I think, head held high, like a monarch surveying his realm. Many guys at this site are still wearing only at home, or in dark and deserted locales, away from prying eyes, but that need not be so.

Most folks today tolerate, if not accept, a man in heels. And even if they don't like it, so what? In a free society, choices like footwear are appropriately left to the individual. You can choose shoes or boots that you like, and not worry about someone else's preferences. Very few people give me any crap about my heel boots, and I get many compliments.

I am suggesting that public heeling is OK, not dangerous or embarrassing. You can do it, too.

Lets hear about more of your heeling experiences.

I was going to delete more of your original post, but decided to let it stand as is. Well put.

My own experience is much the same. In a society where lesbians are making out on the waterfront and gays are tonguing one another in every fifth bar, the idea of a man wearing heels is not only "not so far-fetched," but it's becoming a secondary norm (second hump in the curve).

The last time I went out on the town here in Europe, I counted at least one in twenty males who were wearing footwear decidely intended for the feminine sex. Few wore strappy sandals. Most wore heeled boots. Then again, winter comes early this time of year.

Folks - wear what you want to wear. Please limit it to "tasted value" which means avoiding shock value and propagating asthetic value.

Thanks. Have fun, rant, and rave.

New to the board but not to heels...alas I am discrete, but bring my heels when I travel....NY especially. I wore my 2.5 inch boots for my last trip and didn´t rise an eyebrow.....not high enough I guess so I am bringing my 3 inch shoes when I go next time...I bought a cheap pair of flats and wore them from the store....why not I thought,the staff had seen me try them on....I walked for a while but I had a meeting so I changed in the taxi just before I got there. I work from home a lot can wear what i want....those annoying walks to filing cabinet because I forgot something are not quite so annoying when I hear the click of the heels on the tiles.

Welcome aboard, spaulocentro! You'd be surprised what you can get away with wearing in public. To most people, it's no big deal.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

New to the board but not to heels...alas I am discrete, but bring my heels when I travel....NY especially. I wore my 2.5 inch boots for my last trip and didn´t rise an eyebrow.....not high enough I guess so I am bringing my 3 inch shoes when I go next time...I bought a cheap pair of flats and wore them from the store....why not I thought,the staff had seen me try them on....I walked for a while but I had a meeting so I changed in the taxi just before I got there. I work from home a lot can wear what i want....those annoying walks to filing cabinet because I forgot something are not quite so annoying when I hear the click of the heels on the tiles.

Welcome to the forum! Hope the forum helps you fearlessly explore your inner "heel man".

P.S. if you are ever in NYC and want to meet a fellow heeler (or two like Pam, or three like Gary0618, or possibly 4 like crotchiboots), drop me pm if you feel comfortable meeting up.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Spaulocentro -

Welcome to the board. There is lots of good advice and information here about wearing heels and boots. I think you will find that you can wear anything you want without too much concern especially in New York.

I do recommend being discrete in business meetings but away from work no one really cares. Next time your in the shoe store try on some heels.

Have a great time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm impressed by the mutual respect everyone places on any forum. We all certainly come to terms, in many ways, with our high heel addition. Thighbootguy, thanks for the reply. DawnHH nice to be accepted. I would prefer to wear flat heeled "boho style" thigh boots outdoors. Simply due to comfort. My first public outing was with 4" heels, but experience suggested I learn how to walk before I run ;) Nice chatting...midthigh

Welcome to the board spaulocentro, you will enjoy it a lot as I do. I have one question for you, what does your nickname mean? It looks like an abreviation of the brazillian city I live in plus "centro" as "downtown". Heels for all! Flavio.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.