liberty

lorriette

Like most, I ignore any negative response to my wearing either heels,or, skirts & heels on the street. So far, shop assistants have been polite and hidden thier responses, at least within my sight. Does anyone think we may be ( just a little) inconsiderate? My spouse certainly does!, selfish I think was her remark I ignored.

totter along into history

I don't understand. If being inconsiderate or selfish means ignoring other people's discomfort, then that is just too bad. It is not possible to please all the people all the time. How dull it would be if we all looked alike, dressed alike, and acted alike, trying not to offend anybody. And the very act of doing that would offend ourselves and others who don't agree with mass uniformity or conformity. Not a good life if one is always trying to avoid offending someone else and not having any fun oneself.

while agree with what you say, my soh is right when she says that some people, such as shopgirls, are forced to accept situations. Although we have to push the public perception of mens fashion, open conflict might be difficult given the present numbers of us involved. Perhaps the release of "Kinky Boots" might act as a catalist on which opinion can built.

totter along into history

When I go shoe shopping I try to be respectful and considerate of others. When in a self service store, I usually select shoes I'm interested in and bring them to the men's section to try on. More often than not the men's section is deserted. I did visit the local mall this last weekend to check out all the clearance sections of the big three; Macys, Filenes and Sears. What a disaster area I found. Shoes thrown haphazardly all over the floor and the sizes all mixed up. Seems to me the woman are more inconsiderate of the next shopper. This seems to be the normal scenario.

Why bring your shoes to the men's section? I always try on shoes in the women's section and have great converations with women that are trying on shoes. Several times in different shoes stores there were women that were trying on the same size that I wear. We passed the shoes to each other to try them on and one of the women even complimented my on my choice of sandals and toenail polish. It was really fun. There is no reason to try on your shoes in the men's section. You are a customer just like anyone else!! On the other hand, if you are tyring on women's clothing, you should not use the women's dressing room. It does not matter for shoes.

When I go shoe shopping I try to be respectful and considerate of others. When in a self service store, I usually select shoes I'm interested in and bring them to the men's section to try on. More often than not the men's section is deserted. I did visit the local mall this last weekend to check out all the clearance sections of the big three; Macys, Filenes and Sears.

What a disaster area I found. Shoes thrown haphazardly all over the floor and the sizes all mixed up. Seems to me the woman are more inconsiderate of the next shopper. This seems to be the normal scenario.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I agree, explaining might be a lot more difficult if another man walks into the dept.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Several months ago I was trying on heels at nordstrom Rack Store. The larger women's sizes are right next to the mens shoes. There were about 8 to 10 men trying on men's shoes. I was heeled sandals with an open toe and whore red nail polish on my toes. There I was in front of all of these men trying on womens shoes. I tried on shoes for about 15 minutes and walked around in front of the men. Many of the men were glancing at my heels and toes. I tried on a pain of hot red sandals with a 4 inch heels and there is no way that they could have missed them. :-) It was fun and really built my confidence. BTW, I purchased the hot red sandals.

I agree, explaining might be a lot more difficult if another man walks into the dept.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a Payless shoe store and asked if htey had a pair of new boots in size 12. They didn't but said a store about 30 minutes away did, so they put them on hold for me. The next day, I drove to the shop with my kids in the car, and going to take them to dinner with friends. I was already wearing my 4" block heel short boots, but as I was looking to see what else they had in the store, the girl asked if I would like to try them on, and I at first acted like I had not heard her, but when I was paying for them and another pair of boots for my wife (buy 1 pair get 1/2 off second pair) I told her that I wanted to wear them out. She hardly batted an eye, but was definitely taken back at first, because she had some difficulty putting the shoe boxes in the bag... ;)

Posted Image

but I sure do like the way they fit and look!!!

TLAHHBs

TLAHHB:-) A very nice pair of boots. You sort of sideswiped that girl on asking if you could wear them out. Did the kids you had in the car with you notice that you had a new pair of boots on when you came back to the car? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!