Trolls

Malcontents, agitators, chronic complainers, know-it-alls. . . They say "it takes all kinds to make a world", we deal with these types in all walks of life. Best to just recognize them and ignore them because as the article says, we're not going to change them. There are people who just delight in being contrary. Maybe they have nothing else in their lives (which is sad) but why should I make their problems mine?

Have a happy time!

What I normally do if the debate is getting out of hand is to post my views on the subject and then annonunce that I will say no more on the subject and stick to it.

If someone you know then posts something to which you wish to reply you can with a PM.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have not figured this out yet but why do people on this forum like to read and agree with articles that are not written by true psychologists who have studied this subject matter?

This article is a perfect example of such. It is filled with assumptions and generalizations that just are not true.

It also looks like a "rip-off" of a journal (or article) that was published by the American Psychological Association ( http://www.apa.org/ ) a few years back regarding this issue. If I have time, I will see if I can find that article and post it here in this topic, that is, if it is still in the database. You guys really need to read it!

Why can’t you people do some proper research? Why is it that 90% of the time you find some "junk" article in a website to agree with instead of going to a true source of information like the APA? This happens time-and-time again on this forum and I cannot understand why this is.

The cheese is got and the trap falls with a snap! :rofl: :rofl:

Funny. Real funny!! :lol:

Look at what the trap cought before I posted: Dr. Shoe, Nigel, and Trolldeg. Now that is the true definition of superb.

Come on now! Just admit what this really is: All of you (you know who you are) just have an inferiority complex. Quit blowing smoke around the issue as usual.

Yes, that is right, an inferiority complex. So what do you do? You go out and find some obscure article on "the net" that agrees with what you all think (even though what is written is probably false) to make yourselves feel special and to try to put good, honest, hard working, people like myself who "tell it like it is" in the dirt.

All that I have to say is that you once again have failed miserably. Better luck next time. ;)

You don't need to be a psychologist to know what a troll is, and that article does seem to sum it up pretty well. I'm just wondering J-Turbo why you post here? It seems you think that we're all beneath you, and you appear to have no interest whatsoever in high heels which is kind of the point of this forum in the first place. Chris

Funny. Real funny!! :lol:

Look at what the trap cought before I posted: Dr. Shoe, Nigel, and Trolldeg. Now that is the true definition of superb.

Come on now! Just admit what this really is: All of you (you know who you are) just have an inferiority complex. Quit blowing smoke around the issue as usual.

Yes, that is right, an inferiority complex. So what do you do? You go out and find some obscure article on "the net" that agrees with what you all think (even though what is written is probably false) to make yourselves feel special and to try to put good, honest, hard working, people like myself who "tell it like it is" in the dirt.

All that I have to say is that you once again have failed miserably. Better luck next time. ;)

:rofl:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

You don't need to be a psychologist to know what a troll is, and that article does seem to sum it up pretty well.

I'm just wondering J-Turbo why you post here? It seems you think that we're all beneath you, and you appear to have no interest whatsoever in high heels which is kind of the point of this forum in the first place.

Chris

Yup.

The angels have the phonebox.

You don't need to be a psychologist to know what a troll is, and that article does seem to sum it up pretty well.

I'm just wondering J-Turbo why you post here? It seems you think that we're all beneath you, and you appear to have no interest whatsoever in high heels which is kind of the point of this forum in the first place.

Chris

Yes, you do have to be psychologist to know what a "Troll" is. Actually, the term "Troll" is the wrong definition. The correct term begins with the letter "i".

The article does not sum up anything. It is all wrong when it comes to dealing with "Nasty People". I know because I have read the following books that have been written by a psychologist and they are very good books! The books are:

Nasty People: How to Stop Being Hurt By Them Without Becoming One of Them

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/076072766X/qid=1128381695/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9517295-8144131?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

and the updated version:

Nasty People

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071410228/qid=1128381777/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9517295-8144131?v=glance&s=books

I remember that the article that I mentioned being published by the APA referenced these books.

I am not above anyone. This is just the false impression that people have of me. It is not what I say however, it is how I say it. This is what most people on this forum have difficulty with.

And for the 1000th time: I am on this forum because I wear 2.5" to 5" high heeled cowboy boots.

Chris

Yes, you do have to be psychologist to know what a "Troll" is. Actually, the term "Troll" is the wrong definition. The correct term begins with the letter "i".

The article does not sum up anything. It is all wrong when it comes to dealing with "Nasty People". I know because I have read the following books that have been written by a psychologist and they are very good books! The books are:

Nasty People: How to Stop Being Hurt By Them Without Becoming One of Them

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/076072766X/qid=1128381695/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9517295-8144131?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

and the updated version:

Nasty People

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071410228/qid=1128381777/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9517295-8144131?v=glance&s=books

I remember that the article that I mentioned being published by the APA referenced these books.

I am not above anyone. This is just the false impression that people have of me. It is not what I say however, it is how I say it. This is what most people on this forum have difficulty with.

And for the 1000th time: I am on this forum because I wear 2.5" to 5" high heeled cowboy boots.