Today's Outting

sscotty727

Lastnight, took the wife and girls out shopping. My wife got a new pair of shoes (wedge loafers). I mentioned I liked them so we looked around for a pair my size. We couldn't find them in my size, but then I remembered getting a pair ALMOST identical (except her's has a band of small jewels around the front) and was going to get rid of them because at THAT time my wife didn't like them on me. Thought they were too "femine" looking.

Today she wore hers and I wore mine to church and she said she thought they looked good:) Perhaps she is starting to get more used to seeing me in heels and less "shocked" by the site of them. Here is a picture. Although not exactly pumps, the heel is thinner in the back than what I normally wear out. Looks like I will be keeping them and adding them to my wardrobe!

Scotty

Posted Image

Thanks Bubba. The style isn't the main thing though, the main thing is my wife actually said she LIKED a shoe that just a few months ago she thought was too feminie looking..........

Scotty

Hi Scotty, be grateful to your wife that she has accepted your heels! Even on wedges in a church ;) I never dared as atheist to visit a church on high heels ...

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

When do you know that your wife totally accepts your wearing high heels? When she buys matching pairs for both of you. Once, around Easter time, my wife bought a pair of white sandals for me and a the same pair for herself. Mine had 4" heels and her's had 3" heels. While she wore hers to church on Sunday, I didn't wear mine. One thing I know for sure is if I had, I would have been wearing the highest heels at the church service that Easter Sunday morning.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah, she hasn't gotten right there yet, but I think two steps were major positives. First when she picked hers out (actually, I picked them out for her) and said I liked them she asked if I wanted a pair and we went to look. Second is when I put mine on to go to church the next day (and her mom came with us too!) and she said "they look good". Again, this is a pair she said was too "feminine" just a few short months ago.

When do you know that your wife totally accepts your wearing high heels? When she buys matching pairs for both of you.

Oh, me and my girlfriend already have matching pairs of 3" kneehighs we bought from Primark together. (We both paid separately mind you!) ;)

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Sscotty727:-) Congrats to you! The fact that your wife suggested that you look for a pair for yourself is a great step forward for you. It appears that she is accepting the fact that you can wear heels and still be the same man, and the heels have not changed you. Were there any comments from the people that went to church with you or from any of the church goers? Or, for that matter, from your wife? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi Dawn, Actually, I got no comments from anyone. When I sat down in the car I noticed my pant legs rose up and you could see the full shoe. My wife let my mother in law run in front and she didn't say a word either. We also had to kneel (my wife is Catholic) and I am SURE people behind me saw them as well. Of course I have no idea if they reacted negatively, but I certainly heard no "gasps" not when we did the "greet your neighbors" did I get any strange "stares" either (and I did shake hands with the people sitting behind us as well). As I said before, this aren't the most "riske" shoes I ever worn or seen, but the biggest thing is that my wife thought they looked "good" when just a few short months ago she thought they were too "feminine". So obviously her attitude is taming a bit. I wanted to pass that on to other married men here that if you go slow and let her accept things at HER pace, you just might be pleasently surprised in the end:) Scotty

sscotty727 said:

I wanted to pass that on to other married men here that if you go slow and let her accept things at HER pace, you just might be pleasently surprised in the end:)

I put my regular guy shoes into the menders on Friday and found that all I had to wear home that could pass were a pair of lofers with a 2" heel that I keep at work and wear as and when I feel like it (no one at work has commented on them ever). So home I go. Sitting having a dring with my other half, she noticed the shoes and said they were nice but that she hadn't seen them before. Of course not I replied, I keep them at work, so when I go in on the motorbike (often as it beats sitting in traffic jams) I have something to change into. So a 2" heel is accepted. She knows I used to wear heels in my teens ( that 70's thing) so she knows I feel comfortable wearing them, and so is comfortable with me wearing them. Indeed my Cowboy boots are 2.5" and a nice pair of zipup boots from Jones the bootmakers have a 2" heels. It will soon be possible for me to introduce 3" heels as being the OK, but she will draw the line if they are too narrow, but the goal is to introduce these which are just wonderfully comfortable to wear.

Posted Image

Change takes time, don't rush it.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Nice job, nice heels:)

Don't get me wrong, I have worn boots with a higher heel (4") and long pants in public around her.

Here is an example:

Posted Image

But they were thick heels all around. You can't see it from the pictures but you looked at the heel from behind, it narrows (pardon my ignorance, but would that be a blade heel?).

Posted Image

Again, the biggest issue involved here wasn't the shoe itself, they are pretty bland to be honest. The main issue here is the fact that a shoe my wife once found offensive she now finds perfectly fine.

Scotty

In answer to your question sscotty727, a blade heel looks like a stiletto from the side and looks chunky from the back. Keep up the good heeling, and it's great that your wife is slowly coming around.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks all.

As I posted in another thread, we are going away somewhere for our anniversary (if you know of a good place in the dc,va,md,pa,wv area, please let me in in this thread).

Anyway, as I also stated in that thread, she agreed for us to go out one night either to dinner or a movie or maybe even both with BOTH of us wearing pumps;) Should make for an interesting evening. I will let you know how it goes.

Scotty

There are all kinds of places in the Northern Virginia/D.C./Eastern Maryland area where you can spend a nice weekend. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how far you want to travel and how long you want to be away from your three girls....especially since the youngest is just a few months old.

One place, a bed and breakfast in Waynsboro, called the "Bell Hearth Bed and Breakfast," where we stayed a couple of years ago while visiting our Son, who is the pastor of a church a few miles away. Their website is: Belle Hearth

If you want to head the other direction in Virginia, you might check out some of the Inns at Williamsburg, which was my children's favorite place to visit . My daughter went to college at William and Mary and we've spent many weekends in that community during the three years she was getting her undergraduate degree.

Check out Virginia Beach and also some of the places on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. A little closer to home, there is a nice bed and breakfast in Warrenton called the "Black Horse Inn" that has been recommended for our consideration the next time we head in that direction.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heel D, have you worn them out together, yet? and, if you have, what kind of reaction -- if any -- did you attract?

Nope, but we tried them on together in the store and no-one really noticed or cared. (I find the women in the Primark shoe department don't notice anything as they're too engrossed in all the lovely bargain shoes to notice a man trying on "women's" shoes!;)). I've worn them out with her but she was wearing flats instead.

BTW - here are the boots in question:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very comfortable, soft leather. All for £12 IIRC. I could heel in them all day! :lol:

Primark have some beautiful boots and good prices this season. It's a shame they don't have pics of them on their website as I would have posted some pics. (There website only gives store locations).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Nice boots. You won't have any problems wearing them anywhere. Especially in the rain and cold weather. No one is going to notice, anyway. The real thrill comes when you and your wife both put on your boots and go out together. That's the height of pleasure. ;)

Heel-D:-) Those are a very nice pair of boots and a great heel for street-heeling. Nice and chunky...the kind of heel that I look for to wear out in public. How high are the Heels? The fun begins when both you and your wife can go out in public together both wearing the same pair of boots. Any chance of some pics of you two out and about in them? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!