women walking awkwardly in hheels

taliheels

This is more of a pet peeve for me than a put off. If women are going to wear them I'd wish they learn to walk in them rather than show the world how much they hate them. Some women think that just because they are women they should be naturally able to wear them without any practice. Heel wearers of both sexes are aware of this folly.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't know of any woman that didn't know how to walk in high heels walking very far......they would hurt her feet so badly just after a short walk that she would kick them off rather quickly.....especially if the heels were 5" or higher. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

a surprising number of people walk really badly whatever they have on their feet and when they, the women that is, put on heels it is likely to get worse rather than better. I've also noticed that heavier people have a modified gate which becomes a more accentuated waddle the more overweight they are - it must be a centre of gravity thing. they tend to only wear modest heels if at all and don't often walk really well in them.

/I

I'm inclined to agree with Ionic. Some days I can walk pretty good in heels and then there are days that are not so good. On those days Mickey says that I walk like a spastic. Of course those are the days that my lousy joints act up the most. It's certainly not for lack of practice as I have been walking in heels for decades. It's those days when my two closest friends show up...Arthur and Stiffness. And then a third party shows up...Lack of Balance, and with me we have enough to start a card game. Such as it is...you can't keep a heeler down. Onward and upward. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

it's certainly a lot more than just age, Dawn, one sees plenty of younger people slouching or lurching from one step to the next. my confidence in heels is only developing slowly and when it gets shaky with people around I start to shrink rather than hold up a straight posture. this 'head-up confidence' thing is being explored in a couple of other threads at the moment.

/I

If I saw women walking akwardly in heels, I'd probably stand and watch, enjoying the show. If I summoned up the courage, I'd compliment them on their choice of footwear as that would definitely brighten their day and may inspire htem to wear heels again.

If I saw women walking akwardly in heels, I'd probably stand and watch, enjoying the show. If I summoned up the courage, I'd compliment them on their choice of footwear as that would definitely brighten their day and may inspire htem to wear heels again.

agree! wholeheartdely!

I would probably have given her a few pointers for helping her improve. I find it almost painful to watch a woman struggling with her heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I tend to think the whole subject of walking awkwardly in high heels, permanently high heeled feet, struggling, stuck in mud, etc etc falls under a bondage type restrictive fetish. Personally it does nothing for me, as I prefer to see female or male heel wearing done in a confident maner with appropriate attire and presence. If you like the subdominant angle to the subject though, fair play to you. It's simply the opposite side of the coin.

As much as I like to see women in high heels, I can't stand to see one walking awkwardly as if she can't handle them. For me, heels are about the way they make a ladies legs look, the angle of her ankle, and the way they make her stand (generally with good posture) and move in a elegant, yet sexy way. Seeing a (normally young) woman staggering about as if she isn't used to heels ruins the whole illusion. Although I always say "the higher the better", I would rather see a woman walking elegantly in 3 inch heels, than walking awkwardly in 5 inch heels.

It's like anything worn by either sex. If it's apparently a natural part of who they are, worn with ease, it's attractive. If it's something they struggle with, or appears discontinuous with the rest of who they are or the way they're dressed, then it's distracting. I've seen guys wearing some prety hefty ear-wear, and it appears normal on them, even though the ear-wear itself isn't normal. I've also seen a guy wearing a single small diamond stud who was so self-conscious that it looked totally out of place on him.

But on the other hand, I saw a woman in 4" black satin pumps with a very thin stilleto heel walking just fine, almost like she was wearing flats, today. They were gorgeous shoes. I myself wasn't wearing heels today because I was helping a friend move some file cabinets. I've been looking all over the net for a pair in size 14, but can't seem to find any. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try: http://www.sexyshoes.com

They have a number of styles in sizes from 12 through 15 & 16 (woman's sizes) and wide widths.

These have a 5" heel and come in medium and wide widths from sizes 10 to 16 (I have a pair in Navy Blue) and are easy to wear. Although they are made in China from all man made materials, they are good quality. Won't ever replace natural leather Italian made heels, but they're nice, nevertheless.

Posted Image

Here is a sample of what they carry in larger, extra wide, styles:http://www.sexyshoes.com/wide.html . I'm sure you can find something that catches your fancy. (Ask JeffB about these shoes. He wears a size 14 and has purchased more than one pair from this retailer. And, for that matter, so have I and so can I) :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i think 2 or 3 inch heels are best for the average person. As they suit anyone, and can add extra confidence as you walk along. However bigger heels 5 inches plus, I feel these are normally carried of better by people who are straight up and down. i would prefer to see people comfortable with what they are wearing. If the shoe fits wear it... so to speak!!! sal

It neither puts me off or gives me pleasure to see any woman having problems/dificulty walking in heels. I just wonder why I can wear them so easily and some women can't. :wink:

It neither puts me off or gives me pleasure to see any woman having problems/dificulty walking in heels. I just wonder why I can wear them so easily and some women can't. :wink:

On average Bubba, I would say that women have a smaller foot. A smaller foot is going to have more difficulty with a given heel height than a larger foot. Then again many women nowadays just aren't used to wearing them, instead prefering those God awful flip-flops and sneakers.