Latest look for men - Vivienne Westwood

aussieheels1

Lately I have seen a few guys running around the city wearing a skirt...maybe it is a slow trend but can go to thae mainstream... i'll keep my fingers crossed!

If I've ever seen a mismatch between clothing and body, these guys and their dresses have it. The muscles on the models, with their zombie-like expressions, suggest the old Budweiser-beer commercials, where a bunch of obvious guys, dressed awfully as women, stagger on their heels into a bar. :P Two thumbs down, way down! Even down one more notch.) Rainbow

Take a chance.

Yawn! Wake me when this stuff makes it onto the street, worn by everyday Joes instead of Chippendale's rejects! Didn't this Westwood woman do something like last year or the year before? Why does she waste her time and energy on stuff that will never see the light of day? Spare me!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Lately I have seen a few guys running around the city wearing a skirt...maybe it is a slow trend but can go to thae mainstream...

i'll keep my fingers crossed!

Personally, I don't like the look of skirts on men, and even if it became the "norm" I wouldn't wear them.

Scotty

For me .. that is the beauty of the mainstream...in my view, having the choice of wearing a skirt as part of the men's wardrobe is the big accomplishment. If a regular guy wants to do it, it will sure raise controversy around his choice of clothing. If it goes mainstream, that controversy goes away. Pam

i think i agree with Pam..... you don't have to like something but it's the option/choice of being able to do/wear it without prejudice being the important thing.... i suppose the best comparison is that all of us share the love of wearing heels, i think we all would like the day when we have the option to wear whatever footwear we please without prejudice and fear (apologies to all those who are past this stage and wear heels openly in public, but i think most of us are still not this advance in out street heeling development)

Agreed, Aussieheels, :P Having the option is what freedom is about. I don't find the idea of most men wearing a woman's skirt or dress appealing because there seems to be a fundamental, esthetic clash between the more robust bodies of most men, compared to those of women, and the delicate forms skirts or dresses usually take. Some women, though, have rather masculine builds, and they, too, might avoid such dresses or skirts. To be sure, the kilt of a Scotsman is hardly delicate and very much fits esthetically his body's build! And, also, some men have the bodies to wear women's clothing as well as any woman can. Painter

Take a chance.

Painter:-) I'll go along with you on that. We have some men right here on the Forum that can wear women's clothing as well or better than most women. They are extremely convincing at it too. And if sent out in public, I would defy anyone to be able to tell that they are male and not female. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, not all men are built like linebackers, bodybuilders or professional wrestlers, I've seen men with thin or lean builds and could pull off wearing skirts. Just like women, men come in all shapes as well, so it wouldn't be impossible. It's society's narrow mindset about what gender should wear what articles of clothing that keeps men from exploring their own sense of fashion freedom and openly wearing skirts as that would invite scorn, ridicule or derision. Just like men wearing heels can, in some quarters, invite the same sort of problems.

But being built like a linebacker or bodybuilder or wrestler would be an advantage, as the jerks would be a lot less likely to ridicule someone who could beat them to a pulp.

BobHH:-) I'm not sure at my age if I could still beat someone to a pulp, but I'm short and of a stocky build. I told Mickey a while back that if we are out and someone begins to ridicule my wearing of heels, I'll ask her to borrow her cane and I'll certainly attempt to make my ire known to the blighter. Cheers--- Dawn HH

BobHH:-)

I'm not sure at my age if I could still beat someone to a pulp, but I'm short and of a stocky build. I told Mickey a while back that if we are out and someone begins to ridicule my wearing of heels, I'll ask her to borrow her cane and I'll certainly attempt to make my ire known to the blighter.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, that's certainly one way to handle things, Dawn! Heh! As for me, since I'm around six foot six in four inchers, so I'm imposing enough in terms of height to keep the smart alecks out there from causing me any trouble. But I do what I can to avoid any sort of confrontation which does no one any good.

hey jeffb, i noticed your cubicle calendar. i absolutely LOVE "get fuzzy".

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Heh! Didn't think anyone would notice! I started reading "Get Fuzzy" about a year ago and now I'm hooked! I never miss reading it every day! :P

JeffB:-)

I also try to stay away from confortations, but just in case...there is always the old cane trick. TEE! HEE!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hey, that's a winner! And if anyone were to complain, you can always say it was self-defense! HA!

JeffB:-) I could always plead self defense because I felt that my life was in danger, but with my luck they would jail me and let the perp get away. Such is life these days, eh! HA! Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

I could always plead self defense because I felt that my life was in danger, but with my luck they would jail me and let the perp get away. Such is life these days, eh! HA!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Such as is life in the world these days, which makes being careful when out and about in heels a must.

Oh, I'm always careful, Dawn! Paranoia certainly helps to keep me on my toes. HA! There are some places we can go, and others we can't, so it always helps to identify what those places are and figure out what sort of people we deal with and the reactions we figure to get from them. That's how we stay safe in our public outings. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if those designers have any idea of how ridiculous their creations look, particularly when they put frilly, satiny skirts and dresses on men? But the one in the upper-left corner isn't so bad.

Rough-looking men should be wearing rough-looking, or refined, but masculine clothes, in my opinion.

And yes, you can most certainly design both skirts and heels in both rough-looking and masculine styles!

Check it out:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image