Here are my new shoes

ice2003

Well, that's certainly a different style. A question, ice: are those tights you wore in those pics? If so, might I advice a much lighter shade like nude or suntan which would bring out the light color of your sandals. Give it a try, I think you'll like the look! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with JeffB. Infact, I would think bare feet, a nice pedicure and polished toe nails -- and, perhaps, an ankle bracelet -- would look even better with that style of sandals. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

LOL! Here we go again! I love socks with women's shoes. :P Ice, I find the color combinations of dark-blue and the violet quite appealing. The thin straps also frame very nicely the flow of the line of your foot. Nice shoe choice; nice photo work. Rainbow PS. For some reason I loathe painted toenails, but love painted fingernails! As a Jewish comedian might say, "Go figure." PPS. Being a teenager back in the 50s, I found the girls dancing in their white socks at "sock hops" sexy as hell! Like the shapes of a woman's footsteps in wet sand, the dark shapes of her feet on the bottoms of her socks was also a tirn-on.

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

The rule of thumb, if I remember Laurie saying so, is:- The stockings should be lighter colour than the shoes. Some time ago, I was at Heelfan's new place with Firefox, and I demonstrated a pair of turquoise Missoni courts with a black stocking on one leg, and a 'grey smoke' stocking on the other. The effect with the lighter stocking was much more pleasing. Xa

The rule of thumb, if I remember Laurie saying so, is:-

The stockings should be lighter colour than the shoes.

Some time ago, I was at Heelfan's new place with Firefox, and I demonstrated a pair of turquoise Missoni courts with a black stocking on one leg, and a 'grey smoke' stocking on the other. The effect with the lighter stocking was much more pleasing.

Xa

Off of subject, but talking of heelfan, did he mention his computer? It seems to have become infested with viruses, I offered to load XP back on for him but he has not taken me up on it or (by the lack of posting by him) got it fixed.

hay ho, I am sure he will let me know when he has time.

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Two comments, guys: 1) I was mistaken with the memory of the straps on Ice's sandals: they're a magenta/purple, I believe. (Your shoes and stockings, Ice, look even better the second time I viewed them.) 2) In my experimentation with shoe and stocking-color combinations, I think that the rule expressed makes sense visually. With Ice's shoes and stockings, though, neither color seems to dominate the other. So, perhaps, colors of the same intensity might go well together; or, if not, following the rule, the stockings should be of lighter intensity than the shoes. :P Verbosely, Rainbow

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

Ice:) I almost always use a bronzey/suntan shade of opaque type of hose, regardless. I only use blues, burgundy, etc when it coordinates with my outfit. I am fortunate to have a vast array of styles and colors of shoes to set off any type of outfit I may choose.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

P.S. Jeff B

what brand/style of hose are you wearing in all of your photos? I love the sheen of them , and think they set off all of yous shoes and silky shirts with class

stilettolover :P

Thanks for the kind words! As for my brand of hosiery, I wear L'eggs Reliance Control Top. This brand of pantyhose is very comfortable and durable and looks quite good on me. And at about $5.00 a pair, very affordable too!

:P

JeffB :P

Thanks for the info! I have been using No Nonsense control tops, mainly because they don't roll down.

Well, keeping your tummy flat is by far the best way to prevent that sort of thing from happening. I forgot to mention that I wear size Q because it's the best size for someone of my height (6-2) and it doesn't stretch out of shape as would size B. Food for thought.