Announcing final results of Aus. Vogue's men in heels

kneehighs

In my never ending effort to heighten people's awareness to the growing men in heels trend, I posted a thread at Vogue Australia which was lost during the hacking attack. But as you will see, the final result of educating people's awareness that there exists a niche for men in heels that is fashion focused as opposed to fetish focused has been successful. I'll let their own words speak for themselves...

Post #63

if your posts have helped educate only one person on how open & accepting we should be of everyone, then let me assure you, they were not in vain. speak to you soon!

Post #64

Well said flora. I could not agree with you more!

Post #87

You know, the more pictures I look at, the less of a shock it is. Doesn't take long to become conditioned, if you're willing to be!

Post #89

I agree with another poster it's all a question of what people become accustomed to.

Post #91

i must say the more i look at the pictures the more it looks normal...doesnt look that bad...

And while my representation of how men who street heel was by no means an exhaustive collection of how all men present themselves,

there were some who were from this board who came and offered their support. Jim in New Zealand....thanks! Additionally, out of respect for the boundaries of the private message system and the posters at AUS VOGUE who corresponded with me via private message I have chosen not to share their comments. PM if you are interested....some who initially posted negative comments posted positive ones in pm's.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, it certainly good to see that there's open minded people down under. It proves that minds can be changed to reflect something new and different without all the usual derision and nastiness that often accompanies something that's out of the norm.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I feel your posts on both of these forums has been well worth the effort Kneehigh's,with close to 8,000 hits on TFS post alone. :P The guys who have posted there, promoting heels on men, have done so in a tactful and respectful manner and this has done wonders in how we've been perceived by the female members. Because of this I feel most of the gals believe we are indeed intelligent, articulate and for the most part interesting guys, who are in no way "tacky deviates" that need to be avoided at all costs.It's about fashion,street heeling and personal style..... nothing more. I gotta say the woman I have shared PM's with over the last few weeks, have been really open and supportive and I've formed a number of firm friendships as a result. Long may it continue.... :P jim

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not suprised some of those people were suspicious, especially when you posted the link here. Also, you have to admit that there are two of you there posting frequently, trying to whip up the "yes" vote :P I think most of the Vogue people have it about right. Stilettos are not the most suitable footwear for the average male frame. Cowboys or cuban heels are likely to be better. I think they'd give the similar advice to a woman with thunderous flabby thighs rippling with cellulite. Short mini skirts are not her thing; dress to accentuate your best features. Having said that, never say never. The unqualified ewwwws, not alloweds, and no no no's are hardly the most intellectual or defendable responses.

Well, I'm not suprised some of those people were suspicious, especially when you posted the link here..

Actually, that's inaccurate. I never posted a link to hhplace. Another user by the name of Fashion guy in perth introduced hhplace in post #31

Additionally, I know Jim in New Zealand does not post by the name of Fashion guy in perth. Jim posts under the user name of street heelin' guy.

I don't know if Fashion guy in perth is a user here at hhplace or not.

Also, you have to admit that there are two of you there posting frequently, trying to whip up the "yes" vote :P

What do you expect for us to do? Show em pics of us in full bodied pleather and latex outfits with 5 inch platform boots on--and one time only? Of course we are going to use whatever means we can to influence their opinions. And by posting more than once, it adds an element of familiarity to their opinion as well. It gives them a chance to get to know us. Jim has made friends with posters over there and so have I. I am still in correspondence with my new friends. Additionally, it gives them more information from which to form their decision. We are just trying to put our best foot forward. :P

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Ah my mistake then, I should have said "when the link here was posted" not "when you posted the link" but the result of a cross link here is the same. I don't see anything wrong with trying to put an alternative point of view but don't know how much fashion change is made on internet message boards. If everyone on our boards actually went outside in their chosen footwear, I think that would start making a difference in terms of familiarising people on the streets with the concept. Most people can't get it till they see it "in the flesh", unfortunately.

I read the whole thread in vogue....amazing to go from "ewww" to "looks ok, wear it with an H belt!" Kneehighs congrats on the approach, very smart way to introduce people to the HH look! Pam

Check out this link for a pair of boots at Zappo's by reviewer Amber N

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6374255/c/568/reviewcount/15.html#mr

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.