Ninjas!

Well, I like ninja's for a number of reasons. I mean whats there not to like about them? They're martial artist, They're stealthy and they can hop roof top to roof top and hook you up with free cable. They can make great heros in movies and in comic books and in anime. They can make great villians in movies and in comic books and in anime. They can beat up pirates, zombies pose no threat to them whatsoever. They're just mushroom cloud laying mo fos. (J/K) Actully it kinda started off as being sort of a running gag between me and a few of my friends. Its been going on for some time now. I watch a lot of HK movies and old Kung Fu movies and martial action stuff and they're usally just either really funny or really awsome and I like jokeing around with the whole subject a lot.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Some can! They're use to be this bakery down the street from my house called "Swift like Ninja Bakery!" They would bake and deliver with a gurantee that you would get your baked item in under 3 min or they would commit sepuku on your door step. 10 ninjas later they decided to put a stop to that gurantee though.

It's all good. ~Arron.

• 3 months later...

Well last night I was walking home from this one place and I got to this one building and a BUNCH! of ninjas just poped out from behind it and started to attack me I was like hold up! You guys don't know I got MAD Jackie Chan Skilliz and I started fighting them and stuff and I was winning..... then bigfoot came and broke up the fight and said that we all needed to get along and then invited all of us to his place for pancakes.... I LOVE MAKEING UP BS! :P

It's all good. ~Arron.

• 1 month later...

ok i just thought I'd tell you a brief history of the ninja. They are not actually "cool". A ninja is a disgraced Samauri hence the reason for the outfit, so noone can see them. They were basically hired killers. So that is why Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles changed to Hero turtles. Random fact for you. Mel

I think it was just in the UK - according to Wikipedia:

Upon TMNT's first arrival in the United Kingdom, the name was changed to "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" (or TMHT for short), since local censorship policies deemed the word ninja to have too violent associations and connotations. Consequently, everything related to the Turtles had to be renamed before being released in the UK (or Ireland). The lyrics were also changed, eliminating the word ninja, such as changing "Splinter taught them to be ninja teens" to "Splinter taught them to be fighting teens." The policies also had other effects, such as removing Michelangelo's nunchakus on the same basis. At the start of the later comeback these policies had been abolished, and no changes were made to the 2003 TMNT show. The name Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remained unchanged for the 2003 show. As a result, in the U.K., the 1987 show is still called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and the 2003 show is called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Posted Image

The censored UK opening sequence.

Emma

Well, I'm not sure about that. I heard a deffrent story. I heard they were hired killers, but they started of as honorable, or good I should say and only took out criminals and then it took off from there. I don't know about the whole disgrace Samauri thing though, I thought those were a Japanese thing and Ninja's exsisted in both China and Japan, I wouldn't doubt taht some disgraced Samurai became ninjas, I sure some did but I seriously doubt that all ninjas were disgraced Samurai. Now, I think I kinda, remember a story about a specific Clan of Ninjas that started off as disgraced samurai. But I don't remember too much of it though. I'll have to ask my friend. But that was just that one clan. Main reason why I doubt is becasue they were two completly defferent worriors with two completely defferent martial art styles. I don't know I've heard waaay to many stories and I don't think anyone really knows for sure anymore, but the point is your takeing tis topic a tad bit too seriously. Or at least in the wrong context. I love ninjas and I think the history of them is fascianlty and everything but I think of ninjas in more of a modorn sense. Today Ninja's are portriad not only as bad guys but as heros such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or several Hong Kong Movies such as Iron Monkey, Samurai Fiction (though that is a Japanese movie.), and in various types anime such as Ninja Scroll, Jubei Chan, Ninja Cadet etc... video games have them as main the main heros like Ninja Gaden, Shinobi etc.... and thats what I think about. Besides this topic was really more of a joke rant thing, kind of like the donkey topic.

ok i just thought I'd tell you a brief history of the ninja.

They are not actually "cool". A ninja is a disgraced Samauri hence the reason for the outfit, so noone can see them. They were basically hired killers.

So that is why Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles changed to Hero turtles.

Random fact for you.

Mel

It's all good. ~Arron.

Funny, that's the same guy I saw on a street corner holding a sign announcing that his family had drowned in the great flood and needed money to rebuild the dam. :x [

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.