All or nothing

bootlover1935

It is my belief that if you're going to wear women's high heels, then your other clothing should also be made for women. That's why I subscribe to the "All or nothing" theory. I go to great lengths to accomplish this. I shower with women' soap. I shave with a woman's razor after applying women's shaving cream. I use women's perfume as an aftershave. I use a woman's hair dryer and comb my hair with a woman's brush and comb. I wear women's underwear proudly. My stockings, shirts, and pants are all female. I wear women's jewelry: rings, bracelets, and necklaces. I wear a woman's watch. My jackets, hats, gloves, and coats are all female. I carry a purse. And, of course, all my footwear is feminine. This is whether it be shoes or boots - flats or heels. I can't recall the last time that I wore any male clothing.

Yes people have different takes on it. Some people on this forum would actually like to be women, so they would take great pride in (for example) using women's soap or, more accurately, soap marketed for women. I don't even like women's shoes I just like heels. For example I wouldn't wear women's training shoes or women's loafers as the men's products suit me better. But since I can't get the heeled styles I want from the styles marketed for men I get the women's ones. There's a big jump from that philosopy to wearing anything and everything marketed for women.

I agree with FF. It's just heels (of any description) and/or boots for me though I have done the tranny thing with great success and will almost certainly do it again. but to do everything "female" in my mind seems to be taking things a bit far. But what the heck? If that's what you're into, good luck and enjoy.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It is my belief that if you're going to wear women's high heels, then your other clothing should also be made for women.

What if I were to wear men's high heels?

oh wait...

Bootlover-1935 wrote:

I can't recall the last time that I wore any male clothing.

While I can't remember when the last time I wore men's shoes, I don't wear any other item of womens clothing with my heels except stockings. However, I would venture to say that you are a lot more fun to watch than I am just because you are completely dressed fully in female attire. In fact, I would love to see that myself. I bet you have had some interesting experiences.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sometimes I wonder if you get more - or less - attention by going a little en-femme. For example, some bi-clothing (not difficult today) and a different hairstyle (or, for those of us who don't have much hair of their own - a wig!) can easily create the impression of a larger lady wearing heels, rather than a guy in heels. The former gets little attention, whereas the latter is still noticed sometimes. But for me, the kick is still the heels ... any other items of clothing (or disguise) is just to allow me to wear the heels more easily.

It is my belief that if you're going to wear women's high heels, then your other clothing should also be made for women. That's why I subscribe to the "All or nothing" theory.

I go to great lengths to accomplish this. I shower with women' soap. I shave with a woman's razor after applying women's shaving cream. I use women's perfume as an aftershave. I use a woman's hair dryer and comb my hair with a woman's brush and comb.

I wear women's underwear proudly. My stockings, shirts, and pants are all female.

I wear women's jewelry: rings, bracelets, and necklaces.

I wear a woman's watch.

My jackets, hats, gloves, and coats are all female.

I carry a purse.

And, of course, all my footwear is feminine. This is whether it be shoes or boots - flats or heels.

I can't recall the last time that I wore any male clothing.

Hi bootlover,

take it as your own style! My personal style is wearing my heels together with male outfit. If flared hip jeans, short top shirts, sometimes varnished nails and big hoops through the ears are still "male" outfit :)

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

well, I wear womens foot wear & male styles mostly but if I can find the right pair of tight jeans in womens style, or shirts or sweaters for that matter, then I'll wear them accordenly :) for the most part, I find the womens styles much better in general style than the mens ones ( I'll take womens styles over any mens on any given day)

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

It is my belief that if you're going to wear women's high heels, then your other clothing should also be made for women. That's why I subscribe to the "All or nothing" theory.

Good on 'ya, if that's your thing.

As a marriage and family counselor, I've worked with several couples who struggled with the issue of transgenderism in its various forms, including transexualism, crossdressing, transvestism, gender dysphoria, etc., and have come across some fascinating concepts, not the least of which the DSM-IV is pathetic when it comes to addressing the multi-faceted issue of transgenderism.

Seeing as how men wore heels for 30 years before women were caught up in the fashion, and how men continued wearing heels for another 200 years, at heights up to 5 inches before the French Revolutionary War, and how men enjoyed a brief resurgance in the 70's, I do not view my wearing heels as "crossdressing," unless they were have a decidedly feminine appearance.

As you can see from my avatar to the left (the pair I enjoy wearing the most), they're rather indescript with respect to gender.

What I have gathered from various sessions is that many males who wear articles of feminine apparel, including heels, do so because in some way they internally identify with the opposite gender. Those who feel compelled to go "whole hog," however, usually do so to reduced internal discord they would experience if they were slightly crossdress, such as wearing a pair of heels while still appearing as a man. When we get down to brass tacks, however, their main motivation isn't to appear as a women, but to wear heels while avoiding what they fear will be societal backlash.

As such, my approach with them is the same as it is with with any phobia - systematic desnsitization. Assuming their spouse is ameniable (some are not), I host a session where they bring their heels and their spouse encourages them to wear a pair during the session.

My underlying goal is to preserve the marriage / family while fostering an environment of understanding and acceptance - often what that individual was really looking for in the first place - just the freedom to be themselves without criticism, either from the spouse or society. When they discover that's possible, their behavior usually diminishes, and ancillary behavior such as drug use and alcohol abuse, diminishes as well.

In a day or two you'll be able to read more on my LiveJournal blog, when I post a preliminary copy of a paper I'll soon be submitting to the National Institute of Mental Health in hopes they drastically revise the DSM-IV with respect to gender issues.

I do a version of this, I think trousers/pants in the womens section fit me better and look better with heels, so that's what I wear. Heels and baggy/unfitting "male" trousers is not for me.. looks very wrong. Shirts and sweaters made for men does not, of course, look good in combination with this.

I agree with FireFox. Shoes and boots only for outerwear, that is me. More power to each person's style choice! I prefer some women's boots and shoes as such style are not marketed for men but wear training shoes and/or work boots sold for men as they serve their purpose perfectly fine. In addtion to high heeled boots the equestrian inspired styles also suit my taste but the "genuine" horse riding boot that are made for men are 1. can be very expensive and 2. do not come with zippers which the women's styles for fashion/street wear do as well as boots made for actual horse riding. Buying shoes and boots that are "unisex" in design generally results in such that are the traditional men's fashion charateristics but also carried in sizes small enough for most women to wear as well. It does not meet the quest for styles aimed only at women. Even the equestrian styles which can be viewed as unisex, are not aimed at men for every day street wear. It is a prime example of a style orignially worm by men and later adopted by women - "making it their own" as outlined by an earlier contribution to this thread.

classic style high heel boots