Hello, All

bluesman

Well, been hanging around this forum and some others guys in heels groups for a long time. Thought it was time to add my input to the cause. I've been fascinated by women's heels for as long as I can remember; bought my first pair (white patent cheerleader boots!) back in the 70's. I now own 7 pairs, from THBs to my street heeling block heels. I'm fortunate enough that I get to travel a bit for work. Fortunate, in the respect that I get to wear my heels "out". For this I always wear one of my pairs of block heels with platforms, in black, and with pants cut in a long enough style to look appropriate with the boot style. Frankly, no one notices. It's that simple. Grocery stores, filling stations, restaurants, hotel lobbys. I never get a second look, and these are 4+ inch heels. I get to do this for several days every month. Of course, if one is into getting noticed in their heels, that's cool too. I'm more about the way the heels shape my legs, give my 42 year old behind a little lift, and the fact that the men's styles can be sooo boring. The wife isn't on board for all this yet, but there's hope. When she worked outside the home, she always wore heels. I used to kid her when she'd whine about hurting her feet, so one Christmas I unwrapped a gift from her containing a pair of black 5" pumps. This was back half a dozen years ago in our "party" days, and I can remember several times coming home from the bars at closing time, and ending up in my heels dancing in the living room with her to some old Aretha. Anyway, I've bought several pair of womens low rise boot cut jeans to wear with my boots, under the guise of they don't sag in the butt as much, and again she's cool with that. I don't think I'll spring the 4.5" LEI stretch boots on her just yet, but I have a pair of Skechers Buckaroo on the way, that I might just use to break the ice. Well, that's prolly TMI for a first post, but here it is. I'll try to be a contributing member of the community.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Welcome Bluesman. I like your username.

so one Christmas I unwrapped a gift from her containing a pair of black 5" pumps. This was back half a dozen years ago in our "party" days, and I can remember several times coming home from the bars at closing time, and ending up in my heels dancing in the living room with her to some old Aretha.

Now this sounds awesome.

I don't mean to pry, but if she's cool enough to do something like this, why do you feel the need to ease her into the LEI's? She sounds like she's already on board.

I'm with Wicedheelz on this - -she bought you a pair of 5" pumps and you can come home and dance in them? Call me crazy but I call that being on board. You are one lucky guy. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to hearing more. Keep up the good work. Wine and dine

Well, Jim, Wicked, & Wine, I guess you could be on to something. At least it's a foot in the door (pardon the pun). She bought me those like 8 or 9 years ago, when we were newlyweds, still running to the bars all the time, being crazy, and pre-children. But, they ARE still buried in her closet... Couldn't keep them in mine, because as she said, someone might see them and wonder. Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'll let the holidays pass before I make any moves, unless the situation presents itself.

Well, Jim, Wicked, & Wine, I guess you could be on to something. At least it's a foot in the door (pardon the pun). She bought me those like 8 or 9 years ago, when we were newlyweds, still running to the bars all the time, being crazy, and pre-children. But, they ARE still buried in her closet... Couldn't keep them in mine, because as she said, someone might see them and wonder.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'll let the holidays pass before I make any moves, unless the situation presents itself.

As for the closet thing, we have sorted that out. One closet, mixed clothes. No idea who's is who's.

Of course I get to sit here in a (very short) leather kilt and 3 1/2" knee high boots :-) See, no one knew :-) Though I took a puck to the foot today and the top of my foot really hurts.

Bluesman:-) I quite agree with the others. You have a little more than a foot, (pun intended), in the door in my estimation. Your lucky, but like you said, don't push your luck at this time. It is wise to wait till after the holidays before you make any further waves. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

As for the closet thing, we have sorted that out. One closet, mixed clothes. No idea who's is who's.

Of course I get to sit here in a (very short) leather kilt and 3 1/2" knee high boots :-) See, no one knew :-) Though I took a puck to the foot today and the top of my foot really hurts.

And BTW, if it wasn't obvious, welcome to the group. I lurked for a while as well and these people seem to me to be really decent. Very encouraging (damn them! :) ) and very helpful.

You're already far beyond me, in that I don't wear heels out yet. But this group has a way of getting under your skin and convincing you that it's possible. I'm learning, you're doing. Well done.

Yes, just coming out of lurk-mode has imparted a great sense of relief. Thanks to the internet I knew I wasn't alone, but actually sharing lends peace of mind. That's why I feel the need to clear the air at home - secrets aren't a good thing in a relationship. But in the meanwhile, thank heavens for business trips! :)

bluesman

Welcome to the site. As heelRus points out, this is a good group.

Business trips are certainly fun in a pair of boots/heels. I’m looking forward to reading about yours.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.