An Open Letter to the Forum

An open letter to the forum A week or so back I made some scathing accusations against some members of this forum. I was very angry at them over matters to do with Mornington Crescent and accused the street heeling group of being frauds. I was already angry over some thing else from about a week previous, some thing I couldn’t put my finger one. This in it self made me angry, an anger that has lasted until yesterday morning. There was a PM from Shockqueen and as I finished reading it I realised what Mornington Crescent was about. And in the same instant I knew why I was so angry all this time. Thanks Shockqueen. I wont go into details they are too personal. In the flash I had I didn’t just see what was going on in Mornington Crescent I saw that Firefox and nhoj62 were telling me the same thing as Shockqueen had. And my anger has evaporated because I knew why I had been so angry I am sorry for what I have said and done. I apologise to all forum members, to the players (Londoners as I called you) of Mornington Crescent, and to the street heelers, to you in particular Firefox, nhoj62 and Shockqueen for the crap I threw at you. I hope our friendship can be re-established Thanks for reading Jeff

Hmmmmm! Since I don't know the London underground system that well, I usually don't read that thread. So, I was unaware that you were heaping doses of abuse upon our fellow members from the UK. Glad you got it sorted out, though. (Do you still hear from Julietta? What is the latest news from her ?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for your comment Bubba. Yes I chat with Juliettta nearly every week. She has left the hospital, has a new job that pays more on less hours per week. She is very happy in her life at the moment, and I would say it is only going to get better. I have tried getting her to come back here even if just occasionally to drop in so to speak and let every one know how she, what she has been up to. Would you agree to me saying "Bubba really misses you and would like to see how you are getting on" She might do so if it came from others instead of just me. Still wouldnt be any garrantees though. Jeff

JeffM: nothing really wrong with your rant, particularly as you've had the courage to apologise. There is a lot of scope to get angry here!! I certainly don't post as much as I did because of the attitude of a clique. Ellen-Jay :)

---------------------------------------------------

The shoes aren't sensible, so why is the talk?

jeffM apology accepted, i am glad u got to the bottum of wot was making u angry, an glad u also understand MC, so lets have another game shall we? later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Thanks for setting the matter straight Jeff. There is some stuff written about Mornington Crescent on the net. I think some games may be as you described perhaps, I don't know. So hence maybe the confusion. There seems to be so many versions. I can assure you there's nothing sinister in our game though, or at least that's how I was playing it. I can't speak for the others directly but I know they are a good crowd so I'm pretty sure they were the same. As for cliques, their existence, or at least their perceived existence, is very difficult to combat both in real life and on the net. You'll probably notice that when you go into a bar or an unfamiliar group of people. Even if they appear friendly on the surface, you somehow get the feeling you're not part of the crowd. In a sense you're not, at least for a while, as with all the best wills around, you can't have the same knowledge and associations in a few minutes/days as others who may have been around for many years. However, it's my personal task to dissacociate from cliques. So if someone feels I'm not approachable because I'm a member of some clique or I behave in a cliquish unwelcoming fashion or any other members do so, then please feel free to send me a PM and explain how you think things can be improved. I'll be happy to listen and take any reasonable actions to make things better if possible.

There was me thinking that it was just one of those silly games. How about some rules?: 1. You must use a station name that has not been used before. 2. You cannot use a station on the same line or route as the previous. 3. You cannot play a station which is shown as adjacent on the map regardless of whether they are on the same line/colour. 4. You cannot use a station that has the same number of letters. 5. The game ends when Mornington Crescent is played. If this is done when every other station is played then all the other players give the Winner (the one to play MC) 10 points each. If there are other stations remaining that can't be played then the other players win 1 point for each line represented by the station(s) remaining so King's Cross would be worth 8 (?) points. Playing an interchange station freezes out all the lines that run through that station, You can "bounce back" from a terminus and name a station on the same line as long as it conforms to the other rules. Any more ideas?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

JeffM wrote:

Would you agree to me saying "Bubba really misses you and would like to see how you are getting on" She might do so if it came from others instead of just me.

Good news about Julietta. She was so distraught at one point, there. I'm glad you still stay in touch.

Of course you can say that. I'm sure that I am not the only member that misses her participation here. Please tell her that for all of us. (Although I am quite sure that some of the newer members won't know her but will soon enjoy her comments, once she begins to post again.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JeffM:-) It takes a very special person to realize his mistakes, to admit them, and to be big enough to apoligize (SP) for them. You are a very special person, and I am glad that you finally got everything sorted. Julietta:-) I miss your postings and wish very much that you would continue with your postings as only you can. Ellen-Jay:-) We need for you to continue posting and to not mind some certain board members here. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!