The Halloween Bash!

w6ish

its tonight and the place is sold out, there should be 400 folks in there whooping it up and sporting who knows what all in the costumes department. all i know is this is one of those great opportunities to really go over board with the high heels! this year i am wearing a black spandex body suit with a skeleton design attached. i am going to wear a top hat and tuxedo jacket with tails, a walk stick and flashy diamond rings. for shoes... this is where i'm going over board: i'm going to wear my white 7.5 inch heels i bought from ebay last spring. they lace up all the way up to the knee! its going to be enough of a thrill wearing that costume and those shoes in a crowded dance hall all night but there is the to and from as well, and i am going to enjoy the walk! i'll let you know how it goes. and hopefully share a few pictures too.

anyone walk around, either in your house or on the streets, after you've had few drinks? its 530 here, and "we" have a had a few while waiting for the big show to start. i'm thinking now wait a minute... we aren't even suited up for this thing and i'm starting to get a bit spooked about my ability to wear 7.5 inch heels down a street. aaah... maybe i'll take a stroll to catch some air. keep you posted.

My Halloween party was Friday night - a dance party. I wore my black cowboy boots, jeans, and a western shirt. No drinking, and I know everyone there. It's a smooth wood dance floor, fairly crowded, and fairly fast moving. No heels in evidence, as most don't wear them for serious dancing. Actually, the lady pros do, but they are no more than 3 in. or so, and are specially made dance shoes.

Two nights of Halloween parties. I wore an all black spook outfit with black boots and 3" blade heels. Not had the guts to wear blades yet in public, but there were no comments, snickers, looks, or dumb questions. Had black nail polish too that I would very much like to leave on all next week. The costume won first place at one party for the scariest costume.

its tonight and the place is sold out, there should be 400 folks in there whooping it up and sporting who knows what all in the costumes department. all i know is this is one of those great opportunities to really go over board with the high heels! this year i am wearing a black spandex body suit with a skeleton design attached. i am going to wear a top hat and tuxedo jacket with tails, a walk stick and flashy diamond rings. for shoes... this is where i'm going over board: i'm going to wear my white 7.5 inch heels i bought from ebay last spring. they lace up all the way up to the knee! its going to be enough of a thrill wearing that costume and those shoes in a crowded dance hall all night but there is the to and from as well, and i am going to enjoy the walk! i'll let you know how it goes.

and hopefully share a few pictures too.

Hi spike heels,

7.5 '' heels? :D I hope that you had tonight a nice halloween party without breaking your ankles :wink:

I bought in a german Ebay auction extreme high sandals. They were described as 6.5 '' high. When I received them they were in my footsize (female US 13 rsp. EU 44/45) nearly 7.5 inches high :-?

19 cm's - impossible for me. No chance for standing on them with straight knees - not to mention walking on these weapons in the street. In the street my most comfortable footwear has 4'' or 5'' heels. 6 inches are still a radical challenge for me. Aren't you bragging?!?

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

A 7.5 inch heel with a 4 inch platform only has a 3.5 heel-lift, and should be easy to walk in (I didn't say easy to balance on though!).

A 7.5 inch heel with no platform would be a very big challenge for anyone to stand or walk in. They would need big feet (7.5 inch heel for a size 3 or 4 would have to be a ballet boot style, only larger sizes above about 8 or 9 could do that heel height in a conventionally soled shoe with no platform), and would need very flexible ankles too.

A 7.5 inch heel with a 4 inch platform only has a 3.5 heel-lift, and should be easy to walk in (I didn't say easy to balance on though!).

A 7.5 inch heel with no platform would be a very big challenge for anyone to stand or walk in. They would need big feet (7.5 inch heel for a size 3 or 4 would have to be a ballet boot style, only larger sizes above about 8 or 9 could do that heel height in a conventionally soled shoe with no platform), and would need very flexible ankles too.

Hi jo, also still online? :D

You are right. My mistake was to forget platform shoes. Even although I'm myself a proud owner of 7'' platform overknee boots :-?

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

The heelmeet in NYC was a no go. I was the only one who showed up.

Doah!

Well, don't let it get you down. It's a factor of advertising, not of widespread interest.

I guarantee that there are thousands of male heelwearers in NYC, even if less than 100 ever wear in public.

Remember - it's a big Internet, and most of us happened here by either accident or incredible persistance.

Well, i was there waiting for 40 minutes, but did not see anyone...! I later went to the parade wearing 4 inch knee-highs, it was a great feeling...i walked for over 2 hours until my feet were killing me...!

the halloween party was a blast to say the least. we arrived around 1030 and stayed until closing time, which i believe was somewhere around 230. i spent the entire evening in my 7.5 inch heels! on the street i heard a few weird comments, mostly from the boys with the short hair. but i did hear a lot of positive comments from the ladies and especially once i got into the place. i met up with my party friends after spending an hour wandering about the place, and they had me sit down and put my shoes up on their knees. one lady, who saw me two years ago when i was wearing my double buckle beauties from FOH, looked at my heels with wide eyes and asked: how high are those things? i told her 8 inches, which is what they measure in at, right at the end of the shoe. the look on her face was priceless! a lot of women were interested in where i bought them and how much and they were amazed to find i paid 30 bucks for them on ebay. i got home and was sorry to take them off, wishing there were some other place we could go but it was the middle of the night! i looked at the suede insoles and my foot prints could be vaguely seen. i checked out the heels and platforms and they were splattered with all the crude and junk you would find on the to and from and in a wild and crazy dance hall packed with 400 swinging folks. this is the second time i've gone on an extended outing with heels higher than 6 inches. these 7.5 inch heels are very comfortable, i can get away with wearing them a lot longer than my 6 inch heels, i guess the lift isn't as great and that makes a big difference. my feet weren't complaining one bit. my wife, she opted out of her 7.5 inch heels at the last moment. i think she was nervous and not practiced. ah well. next time.

the 7.5 inch heels are the next stop for me. i am not as interested in my 6 inch heels anymore. so the next question: what does one do with 20 pairs of heels he's lost interest in?!!!

Halloween was so much fun this year. I went as trojan man this year, and I had a blast!!!! My outfit was a rubber longsleeve t shirt, long black rubbergloves, rubber openfaced hood, condom hat, black shiney PVC jeans and red patent babydoll shoes with 6" heels. I took 2nd place in both costume contests that I entered. Both were $50 bar tabs, they came in handy to pay off the night.

High heels forever, ward

To White-6inch -- Don't throw your 6 in. heels out until you try the taller ones. The lift in the 7.5 in. ones isn't any greater, as the platform is as much higher as the heel, and I would think they would be trickier to walk in - less stable sideways. Harder to reach the ground to pick something up, too. I know I couldn't do it - I would have to duck going through doorways!

BobHH: I see EXACTLY what you mean, as I am thinking of graduating to 7" or 8.5" plats but I still want my 6" plats to fall back on just incase the 7" or 8.5" plats are to coin a phrase: "more unstable than an exotic dancer on ice" :-? also fitting my knees under my computer desk is still possible with my 6" plats I don't know if it'll be possible with 7" or 8.5" plats! anyway I will see in March 2005! (I'm giving myself that much time to see if I want to go higher!) in 8.5" plats I'd/I'll be 6'9!! later, TXT-1