Deep fried Mars bars and others

Understanding that a good majority here are from the UK, I thought I would ask this about deep fried mars bars. I saw this while watching the Food channel or was it the Travel Channel? They had visited Glasgow Scotland I believe. The specialty was deep fried offerings. The most notable being fried Mars bars. From where I am, I find this very unusual. Of course the reverse being the same if you came here, with our uses of avocados and tofu. Has anyone here tried the fried Mars bars and what do you think of it? If this was not the choice of item, any other food item would you say is worth noting in this manner? Just a little epicurious, that's all.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

Over here in the East coast we have something like that, fried Twinkies. Have not tried one yet, and concerting what’s them I never will. :-?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Understanding that a good majority here are from the UK, I thought I would ask this about deep fried mars bars.

I saw this while watching the Food channel or was it the Travel Channel? They had visited Glasgow Scotland I believe. The specialty was deep fried offerings. The most notable being fried Mars bars. From where I am, I find this very unusual. Of course the reverse being the same if you came here, with our uses of avocados and tofu.

Has anyone here tried the fried Mars bars and what do you think of it? If this was not the choice of item, any other food item would you say is worth noting in this manner?

Just a little epicurious, that's all.

Found only one place in Edinburgh that sold them. We didn't partake at the time figuring there were plenty more. There weren't and it was one of the disappointments in the trip that we didn't get to try it.

You should ask Big J. I'm sure he will be able to give you the facts as he comes from Glasgow, but I have also heard they are popular there. It sort of fits with this stereotype diet of chips, burgers, and IRN bru! It's strange how different nations will only cook things one way. For example while we eat lettuce raw, the chinese will almost always cook it lightly to make a nice strir fry addition. While westerners don't eat raw fish, it is common in Japan, and actually it is very good to eat. I've tried both ways and they are equally good. I think fried mars bar is worth a go, but in small quantities, definitely.

I've tried a deep-fried Mars bar - I couldn't manage more than half of it and never tried again - it's the sort of thing that is so clagged up with fat and sugar that you can feel your arteries hardening with every mouthfull. Emma PS now how about deep fried ice-cream.......?

If you got some really cold ice cream using CO2 or special chemicals. I wonder if it would be possible to quick fry it while the centre remained frozen? It reminds me those school puddings where you have hot chocolate sauce on ice cream and you could get both tastes.

I've heard tell that there's a booth at summer carnivals in Canada that is trying to do the deep fried mars bar thing. I just head for the corn dog stand, myself. Oil Fat is fine, sugar fat is fine, but together... they just double the threat. I don't like to exercise quite enough to fight that off. But pretty much anything can be deep fried, it seems to be a trend, sort of a rebellion in a sense towards the healthy eating trend. They do have deep fried Ice Cream, the oil temp is very high so it cooks the outside quick, but it goes in for a very short time so the inside stays cold. I have not tried it but I think both of my sisters have and said it is quite good. Of course, a quick fry does not add quite so much fat.

I've heard tell that there's a booth at summer carnivals in Canada that is trying to do the deep fried mars bar thing.

I just head for the corn dog stand, myself. Oil Fat is fine, sugar fat is fine, but together... they just double the threat. I don't like to exercise quite enough to fight that off.

But pretty much anything can be deep fried, it seems to be a trend, sort of a rebellion in a sense towards the healthy eating trend.

They do have deep fried Ice Cream, the oil temp is very high so it cooks the outside quick, but it goes in for a very short time so the inside stays cold. I have not tried it but I think both of my sisters have and said it is quite good.

Of course, a quick fry does not add quite so much fat.

Deep fried Mars in Canada, eh? Excellent. I'll have to look for it.

We don't get so many exhibitions here, and nothing the size of the Stampede.

There is a restaurant in the Grand Platz in Burssels that serves deep fried cheese. It's fantastic. It has a hard, crunchy outside and is melted (almost liquid) on the inside. Wow, it's sooooooo good. While I'm sure this is a well known technique in cooking, neither me nor my wife have been able to duplicate it. And, I've not found it on the menu in any other restaurant I've ever eaten at.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The cheese is probably cooked with a blow torch and not deep fried. It should be possible to deep fry ice cream if adequately insulated in a baked alska stylee.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The cheese is probably cooked with a blow torch and not deep fried. It should be possible to deep fry ice cream if adequately insulated in a baked alska stylee.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Breaded and fried cheese sticks are quite common in the US. If you do a search on the net for mozerella (? spelling) sticks you likely can find a recipie. You can either do them in a deep fryer or bake them in the oven. Either way you have to watch them very closely as they are apt to leak out the cheese past the coating if you overcook them. There is an art to it! Jinxie