Hanukkah Candle with High Heels

sscotty727

You can buy one here only for $39.99 and I can tell you it looks like a kosher menorah :D as the holder of the middle candle -- the shamash -- has a higher heel than the others...

I should get one of these before next Hanukkah :-?

Thank you for the better pics. I am not Jewish, but I thought it was an interesting but strange item to mix heels and a Hanukkah candle. (Fashion and Religion intertwined). Maybe we should see if we can get anyone to do a heel Christmas tree for equal time;) Scotty

BTW, what does "mazel tov" mean? I was watching a DVD the other day and somone said it. I couldn't make out what she'd said and backed up to watch it with subtitles. As you can imagine, when "mazel tov" appeared on the screen it didn't help me out much! Chris

Firstly it is not a Kosher Menora because it holds 9 candles and not 7. It is a Khanuka Menora. It has 9 candles to symbolise the length of time it took to purge the Temple when the Maccabees returned to Jerusalem (or something like that. It doesn't matter where the Shamash is placed as long as it is not required to do any work. Mazal Tov means good luck. Mazal is luck and tov (or tovah if the objective is female) means good. Yeled Tov would be good boy, whereas Yelda Tovah is good girl. There endeth today's lesson in modern Hebrew!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr. Shoe, I'm impressed with the show of both Jewish knowladge and proficiency in hebrew. Hebrew is not a such a common language to know, so my question is if you have a Israeli background?

I wonder if the person that decorated the Christmas tree with shoes couldn't afford to buy ornaments because they spent all of their money on shoes? :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Dr. Shoe, I'm impressed with the show of both Jewish knowladge and proficiency in hebrew. Hebrew is not a such a common language to know, so my question is if you have a Israeli background?

Lived in Tel-Aviv from 1975-77, but apart from that, no. :-?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.