Unusual website on eBay

Bubba136

Surfing through the wome's shoes section of eBay, I found the following site. I thought it was very unusual not only for the shoes that it was showing but for the combination of styles offered for sale. Just take a few minutes and scroll through these offerings.

VERSACE,CAVALLI,DOLCE & GABBANA BOOTS SHOES

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

I quite like the ankle boots with the silver heels, but none of the others. I hate the boots with the legs that look like woolly socks! With stuff like this I often wonder whether people buy them because they genuinely like them, or because a glossy magazine says that they're a must-have. Chris

No wonder he is getting rid of them, they are all really naff styles with the possible exceptions of the croc pumps and the silver heel dark blue annkle boots. Personally I'd regard this seller with some caution although much feedback is good. He states they are worth nearly $5000 and then later "over $5500". It sound like he is making up the prices as he goes along. The items are probably ex display or ex fashion show, samples etc. Hence no boxes or bags. He states they are all size 39. At least one item is marked with a smaller size 37. He states they have not been worn. At least one item shows serious wear mark scratching on the sole. This is consistent with the fashion show cast off theory. $100 each is a fair price for these shoes of dubious style and origin. He's already rejected a bid of $610 for the lot as being lower than his reserve. I don't think he'll get a lot more.

>> ex fashion show, samples <<

A number of the sellers previous items offered for sale were billed as being the actual items worn on some particuler, named, catwalk show.

I noticed the size "37" prominently marked on the sole of one shoe, however it is possible that the seller has other auctions in other sizes of the same items and has used the same images in all of them.

However, as ever, caveat emptor; especially on the Net.