Dolcis....first experience....hmmmm

bigj3650

ok today i went to check up on the dolcis sale in glasgow (as is outlined in a previous post)

i went to the other dolcis (there are two on the same street, one in the st enoch center argyle street exit and one just three doors back from m&s (stange huh))

anyway...found THIS pair of heels (you lot prolly wont like them but for £2 i wasnt arguing with that)

Posted Image

anyway the girl walked off and came back 10 minutes later with them and says " would you like to try them on".........i thought....."hold on a minute....im a guy why are you asking me.....ok yes im gonna wear them out but...WOW" this was a first for me normally girls just walk behind the cash desk and want the money not like checking that they fit you unless you say so.

so that was definatly a good experience

J

p.s needless to say i tryed them on...great fit, size 9 dolcis...im definatly going back there

I have a pair of boots with these sizes inside:- EUR 39 - UK 6 - USA 8 Wouldn't that run the other sizes out like this? EUR 40 - UK 7 - USA 9 EUR 41 - UK 8 - USA 10 EUR 42 - UK 9 - USA 11 EUR 43 - UK 10 - USA 12 And so on:--- Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

41 and 42 seem to cover either side of UK 8 so would be like 7 1/2 or 8 1/2 and 43 seems to be a 9

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Bigj3650:-) There doesn't seem to be any standard sizes used in women's shoes and boots from manufacturer to manufacturer or even within one manufacturers own line. It seems to be a gigantic lottery everywhere. I just took the sizes listed inside one of my pairs of boots and ran them out from there. I purposely did this to get other people to check the size range inside their shoes or boots and to challenge my list against their sizes and maybe come up with some help for your question knowing that I might be wrong on what I posted. Let's sit back a while and see what we can draw out in the postings. Sometimes I like to play Devil's Advocate. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

I had the same experience at Dolcis in Croydon this afternoon, everyone there was so helpful. This was the first time I've street heeled on my own. I've always been with my GF before (I'm so lucky), so I was a bit nervous on the walk from the carpark, I was clocked by a guy, oh dear, but by the time I got to the Dolcis sale I was enjoying myself. The sales assistants gave opinions on what suited me. I tried on several pairs of shoes, and a pair of slouch boots, with a 2 1/2" heel. They were size 7, I was surprised they fitted I'm around 71/2 uk and 41 generally fits perfectly, I was disappointed that none of the other size 7's came close. Try before you buy or it is a lottery.

That's another nice thing about the Dolcis sale, everything's arranged by size, is that so there's no mistaking what you're looking for? It saves a lot of mucking about. I'll have to check out some other branches. They didn't have anything for £2 though in Croydon!

Went shopping at the weekend with my girlfriend - just wanted to mention there's a lot of sales on at the moment. She was looking for some boots for work as her current ones have a hole but as it's the wrong season we didn't see any.

Instead she was looking for some white heels for a wedding that's coming soon, white is not normally my favourite colour for heels but there were a few nice ones around.

Top sales at the moment:

New Look = lots of sandals and shoes in sale

Barratts = lots of heels (often quite high, 4" or more) many shoes 1/2 price

Dune = again many sandals in the sale

The pleasure was in watching here try on all the shoes. The best were in new look, some white courts with an open toe criss-cross sandal front (difficult to describe and no photos to show you). but they were'nt in the sale.

I tried to persuade her to get some sexy red court shoes, pointy toe and lovely heel, only 7 pounds... but she didn't like them, said they were like witches shoes!!!

But I did manage to get her some beutiful red sandals from barrats... a picture is on its way soon.

well there are guys who have the luck of being the same size as their wifes so they are use to guys going in and trying them for their wife so i suppose its ok there is one place you should watch for DOUGLAS, ISLE OF MAN, STEAD AND SIMPSON the girls in there are so incon F*ING siderate i ask for a pair of boots in size 8 and the girl said "they are for females" and carryed on with there conversation

No sales assistant has ever said that to me in 20 years of buying. If they did, they would certainly find themselves either reprimanded or sacked as I would report it straight to the management. Management are interested in sales figures and profits. Who buys the shoes in today's customer focussed environment is irrelevant.

Bigj3650:-) When that salesgirl spoke to you that way the fact that you were 15 years of age shouldn't have made any difference. YOUR MONEY IS AS GOOD AS THE OTHER GUYS. The bottom line is selling shoes and making as many sales as you can, not deterring someone just because you think that they are young. You should have persued that incident farther by asking to see the manager whether you thought that he/she would have believed you or not. If You didn't get anywhere with the manager then you could have politely ask for the name, address and phone number of the parent company so that you could have looked into things a bit more to get results. Any manager worth their salt would have known by then that you were quite serious and would have reparmanded that salesgirl in front of you and then should have had her wait on you as she should and provide you with the boots that you requested in the size that you wanted. After the manager apoligizing to you personally and seeing that you were taken care of properly, then would have been the time to take care of Missy salesgirl. If I were that manager I would have given you those boots free in lieu of the way you were treated and then I would have fired the salesgirl on the spot to insure that that would never happen again in that establishment. I think that the other employees would have also taken notice of how to NOT treat any other future customers. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Bigj3650:-) I myself, when in a situation like that, would not have sent Mom in to inquire about the boots. After the way they treated you, I wouldn't have bought boots from them even if they were the last pair in the world. You just don't treat customers that way. BTW:---It appears that your Mom knows about you wearing high heeled woman's boots. Then she must be O.K. with it all. Congratulations! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Bigj3650:-) Good for you and good for Mom for being so level-headed and understanding. She must be a great Mom. My Mom and Dad never knew until the day they died, and they were the greatest parents in the world to me. You may not know this, but you are talking to a 69 year old Crossdresser. If you read all of my old posts, you can piece the story together. BTW:---You said that you were 15 years old when this incident occurred. How long ago was that and how old are you now? Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll: