An Apology

Over the last couple of weeks or so I have made comments in reply to “Iraq- The aftermath”. It’s quite possible that I have come across as being anti US. I am not. Those of you who have posted here come across to me as being open, kind and generous, not that different to the dozen or so US citizens I have met in person. They were also very open, forgiving, generous and genuine. It is unfortunate that as the saying goes there likely to be one rotten apple in the barrel. My issue is not whether the US, the UK, Australia or any other country should be or not be in Iraq. It is with the attitude a certain person who says that he is right in every thing he says. Trying to point that out to him is like banging your head against a brick wall, it’s great when you stop. I won’t be posting any more responses to the above thread or to anything he has to say in future. So to all you posters and readers on this board from the US I apologise to you if you have perceived me as being anti US. I am not anti US or its people at all. Jeff

I think that I have made this statement over and over again and yet, some people just don't get it...........

If you don't like what is being said in that topic do not post in that topic.

If you cannot handle your emotions while posting in the topic - forget it!

I have said this at least a dozen times at least. Yet.......some people.

There are people who cannot handle their emotions in that topic and you are a shinning example of what happens to someone who goes into that topic and cannot handle the aftermath.

The only problem is you. You just cannot handle it, can you?

And you have the nerve to call me a bad apple? You need to take a REAL good look at yourself buddy.

Now, this is what you are going to do. You are going to get yourself a tissue, cry a whole bunch, pull yourself back together, and start posting again in that topic.

I like debating things with you - I really do. However, do not look like a fool and start throwing these "pitty parties" for yourself.

Also, do not start singling people out! That will be your downfall.

I also know that you are not anti US. I have known this from the beginning.

Apology accepted. What else do you want me to say? Do you want me to show sympathy for you and say, "Oh poor Jeff!"

Come on man! Pull yourself together. You can do it.

I am looking forward to hearing from you again in the Iraq Aftermath topic.

I don't think that anyone should be apologising for exercising their right to express an opinion, it is (or was) a debate. No one ever thought you were anti-US. In fact I don't think that any rational person is anti-US or even particularly anti-Bush- just anti-Iraq Occupation. Personally, I couldn't be anti-US because I would be anti-my father who is an American citizen. However, I think that those who set out to belittle or rail people who don't agree with their opinions are the people who should be apologising. About not posting in a particular subject: Everyone should express their opinion, it is their right. However, no one has the right to write personal attacks just because they do not agree.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I don't disagree with the opinions of others. What I do disagree with is the true facts and logic behind that which forms the opinion. Just in case you have not figured it out, this is what I have been doing all along. I admit, I do sound very condescending on the other side of the screen but, believe me, I am not personally attacking anyone and if I do, I have always apologized for it.

Dr. Shoe, where was that opinion when Susan "the original" was around? She expressed an opinion and was vehemently attacked for it. Later, when she attempted to defend herself, she was banned. Now, ain't that a dilly?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I realise that Susan "the original" departed the board before I found it, but didn't she say something to the effect that guys who wear heels are wife-beaters or rapists or something? I freely admit that I might be completely wrong, so correct me if I am. Chris

There is a difference between expressing an opinion and hurling insults at other members that the person has never even met.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Susan the Original was asked along with certain other people not to start topics on Jenny's board about court cases and legal actions she claimed to be involved with. This was because several people complained to me that the arguments and bad feelings between Susan and certain other people were boring, off-topic, and ruining the board. In the end I agreed that the complainants had a point and I asked Susan and the others not go down this endless argument again for the sake of other board users. The others respected their fellow board users wishes. Susan didn't. She was therefore banned from Jenny's forum for one year. This does not relate to this forum in any way. I have posted this to set the record straight because the information given by Bubba above could be interepreted as misleading in this respect.