My First Pair Of Slings!

JeffB

I recently bought these Ros Hommerson shoes, my first ever pair of slingbacks. What do you think:

Posted Image

They look incredibly sexy and are very comfortable and the four inch heel is similar to the "Ingra" pump. Can't wait to wear them to work on Monday!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You're off on the right foot....literally! :D I'm sure your cohorts at work will definitely be interested to see how well you like the feel of slingbacks over regular pumps, and to see if you have any other style of shoe in your collection. Very nice style indeed!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I am interested in your co-workers reaction, too. Don't you think they are just a bit too feminine for a man to wear with a business suite?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

To answer your question, Bubba, no one wears suits at the office where I work. For what few men are there, it's shirts and pants, nothing too terribly fancy, save for me as I wear dressier stuff with my shoes. Since everyone there is long used to my wearing women's shoes (some co-workers say I'd look strange if I WASN'T wearing heels!), I doubt my showing up in slings on Monday morning will shock anyone. I've been interested in doing something like for awhile now as I'm always seeking to expand my horizons, so this should make for a good test!

JeffB:-) Slingbacks!!! Go for it Jeff. I don't have any slingbacks in my collection as I have all pumps and boots. I would be very interested in any looks or comments made by your fellow workers. They may not be shocked---but I'll bet that they would sit up and take notice. Being Ros Hommerson brand with the same heel and comfort level as your pumps---please let us know of any likenesses or differences between the pumps and the slingbacks. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Greetings, folks! Just thought I'd let you know that all went well when I wore those slings at the office on Monday.

Since everyone there is long used to my wearing heels, including bright red pumps, there was no shock at the new shoes, only compliments from co-workers on how nice they looked, a couple of ladies even asked where they could get a pair for themselves, so I told them I bought them online at Designer Shoes:

http://www.DesignerShoes.com

You were right, Emery, wearing slingbacks ARE fun and I had no problem making the sling comfortable enough for all day wear. All in all, just another part of the ongoing adventure of wearing women's shoes in public.

Wow - I was really impressed by the significant increase in range of selection for good-quality, larger-sized heels at Designer Shoes. Good on 'em! Although I've never much been into slings (seems like my heel never wants to sit squarely on the heel!), I do like it's close cousin, the hh clog. During my "formative years" (the ones where just about every guy in existance tried on mom's heels whether they're willing to admit to it or not), I would up feeding the neighbor's fish tank for two weeks while they were away. She wore a size 5 (which tells you how young I was), and her shoes fit perfectly. I'd try on a pair, walk from the master bedroom to the garage and back, try on a second, do the same, and a third. By that time, I'd have to beat feet, or mom would come looking to see if I was ok. My favorite pair were a pair of natural leather, hh clogs with wooden bottoms. They fit like a glove, and just about drove me nuts as I wanted to take them home, but knew I couldn't without mom finding out. I'd love to get a similar pair now, but very few manufacturers (except Candies) out there make them anymore, and none of them make it in my size.

JeffB:-) Your pushing the envelope a bit sure paid off with your office co-workers. Now the road is clear for you to experiment with other pairs of slingbacks, or maybe some other style of shoe. GOOD SHOW!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

After being used to wearing closed shoes for so long, I had no idea how much fun slingbacks were. Quite a pleasant revelation! And, like I said previously, my co-workers were suitably impressed, all saying I have great taste in shoes. Since spring hass arrived, I might consider sandals for my next experiment! :roll:

Great! And Jeff, don't forget to follow the example set by the majority of ladies: From time to time let the slingback straps slip down and "fail" so as to enjoy some sexy mule-type walking into the bargain! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

JeffB:-) GREAT SHOW!!! It sounds like your slingbacks were well received by your co-workers. If you push the envelope again---some of them may blow their minds. Tee! Hee! Go ahead and push that envelope again when you are ready and keep us all posted to your progress. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well Jeff, I'm still in awe of your abilities. Keep pushing that envelope.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.