out with new shoes today

Terry

Usually I wear block heels between an inch to two inches wide, and maybe two to four inches high. Today I wore a pair of those shoes that look like running shoes, black, but with a four inch heel that is about a quarter inch wide from the side and a half inch from behind. I know a lot of guys don't like these, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with pointy toed patent pumps, so these are a bit less feminine.

I walked around a fairly busy downtown area. My pants didn't hide the shoes at all. A few women smiled (don't know if they thought it was cool, or if they thought it looked silly) and a few guys stared. No comments though. Got a few double takes when people saw them from the front, then noticed the heels.

I'll try and post a pic. The pic is of boots; mine are almost the same, but shoes.

Posted Image

Very cool. Those seem to be popping up in verious shapes/colors and some are kinda interesting. How comfortable are they? Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Posted Image

These are Tomahawks from Baker's with a 4" stiletto heel and they are very comfortable. I also have another pair white with red trim and sole, I had these before the black ones came out. They are a size 11 and fit like a 12.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hey Hoverfly, I have pretty much the same ones from Bakers, but in green. Bakers is a great store. Which one do you shop at ? I go in there regularly, and it is pretty much all heels over 3". Just got a pair of 4.5" heel sandals there.

Fellows:-) Very different and interesting shoes. They have just begun to show up in my area. We have no Baker's shoe stores here anymore---they just all disapeared. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've been seeing that particular style a lot here in 'da hood as they're quite popular with young African-American women. Guess they must be all the rage at present! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I got them form Baker's online, last year.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

My sister-in-law bought the same boots online when I bought my 3 1/2" block-heel boots. She has also said they are comfortable. I am not sure I am to the point of wearing such boots outside, but I applaud the guys that do! Scotty

The wife and I have been out shoe shopping and we spotted the style of shoe pictured in the posts above. I haven't quite made up my mind if I like them or disike them as they all have stiletto heels. If they come out with a chunky heel, then I can see how they look and feel and then maybe I could then make a decision on purchasing them or not. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Here are some pics taken with my old webcam, hence the poor quality. The shoes are the ones I posted about earlier but didn't have a pic for. The boots I just bought, and have gone for a walk in them. The heel is thicker on them, although not exactly a block heel, and are a little harder to find than the stiletto heel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

you shouldn't have any problem at all wearing them in public. The toe is plain and inconspicuous. I doubt anyone couldn tell you were wearing heels unless they were directly behind you.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.