Heelfan's Collection of Street-heels

Heelfan

Hi Street-heelers!

Despite periodic clear-outs of excess shoes, I've now exceeded eighty pairs of street-heels for the first time, so I though you might like to see some of them. Ruthy, a forum member from the Bristol UK area visited me one weekend (in great silver 4" stiletto sandals) and kindly took the photograph.

Remember these are all strictly street-heels that I wear regularly out-and-about and on the Heel-Meets etc., as I've never been into poncing round the house in them for my own amazement! I've been publically street-heeling for 47 years, so some of these pairs are twenty or thirty years old but still going strong!

Sorry Firefox that the picture is too big! It's the way it emailed from Ruthy. To view them, views will have to scroll left-to-right and also up-and-down to view the ones on the floor under the table.

Notable Favourite pairs include:

Table, Far Row, 5th from left: Faith "Sabrina" 4.5" blade ankle-boots.

Table, Far Row, 3rd From Right: Little Shoe Box 5" stiletto ankle boots.

Table, Far Row, 2nd From Right: 5" patent courts.

Table, Far Row, Extreme Right: 5.5" vane-heeled courts.

Floor (under table), Extreme Right: 5.5" stacked-heel brown ankle boots.

Posted Image

All of these we obtained with some difficulty, because I'm a big-footed guy (size 10 UK = 12 US) and they've either been specially-made for me or bought off-the shelf from the very limited selection offered by shops catering for large ladies. Also, they are all non-platforms! I'm strictly a platform-free zone! My collection also includes a good number of ordinary 3" to 4" chunky block-heeled boots and shoes, but they are not included in the shot.

I always wear them with trousers in ordinary guy mode (except at Rocky Horror show below!). I'm a straight, happily married family man not into cross-dressing etc., but only into high heels. It's been a truly great 47 years (and counting ..........!).

At Rocky Horror Show, Milton Keynes, 19 Nov 2003 (photo'd by Firefox):

Posted Image

Left: Calv, Centre: Francis Right: Me (in my 5" patent courts)

Cheerfully your, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

wow, great collection, and all together at one time too. And no plats either, all worn while poncing around outside for everyones amazement. A resize would have been nice though to really appreciate them all at once. Thanks for sharing with us all.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Thankyou Shyguy for the very droll reply about me poncing around outside -I deserved that! - especially as in between posting the pic and reading your reply today, I've been poncing around Bristol's Broadmead Shopping Centre in my Barratt's 4.5" Blade heels! The chuckle did me a power of good! Yes, sorry about the stupidly big size, but I'm not yet computer-literate enough to reduce pictures. Firefox has tried more than once to tell me about Paintshop programmes, but I'm not there yet! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Well we can both take one on the chin then, you're not computer literate enough to resize, and I'm not able to street heel A 1 all draw I'd say :D BTW I just recently moved to Milton Keynes, so it was interesting to me that you did the rocky horror thing there.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

hey heelfan nice collection u got there, u got loads of shoes, more than me, dam i`m going to have to buy more, oh wot a hardship. emery good idea on the psych student doing a thesis, tho they might scare the teacher/lecturer abit, lol. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Thanks Emery and Nhoj and Daz for your enthusiastic responses!

Daz - At 22, you've got your life ahead of you - Enjoy!

Emery - Please don't think I always go charging out everywhere in my highest stilettos! No, at least 50 % of the time I'm having "shy days" where I go out in my chunky block heels for 3" to 5 1/2" which look reasonable innocuous under mid-heel trouser-bottoms. However, on my "bold days" and special days I enjoy wearing my more exciting slim and stiletto heels. Regarding the latter, this is currently my favourite pair - 5" stiletto ankle-boots bought at Ernest's of Paris on 7th February 2004 at our forum member's 2004 Euro Heel-Meet (photo by Calv - not in above pic of my collection):

Posted Image

Nhoj - I'm not sure whether Emery's idea of a thesis by a young psychology student would shed much new understanding on the mystery of us straight 'guys in heels'. Despite my many years of extensive street-heeling and extensive reading-up on the subject, even with my experience I don't really understand it! However, the following theory is as close as I can get to explain my own particular case:

Ever since puberty, I have always been hugely attracted to women (and only to women!), and in particular to lovely girls in extremely high heels. Obviously the heel-height accentuates the lovely long length of the legs, the shape of the ankles insteps and feet and the outward thrust of the bum and breasts and the upward thrust of the pelvis. But conversely, the heel height hampers the girl's walk by inclining the foot at an unnatural angle, hampers her balance because of the precarious stiletto heels and throwing her forward, forcing her to mince along taking small steps. This turns her into the vulnerable female - the "Maiden in distress". This in turn brings out the manly protective instinct in me, making me want to love her all the more and protect her - a masculine instinct which has enriched my relationships with my earlier girlfriends and then for the last 30 years in my marriage to my terrific wife!

However, some of us straight men appear to get so excited by wanting to know and understand and savour the feelings and sensations that the lady heel-wearers are experiencing, that we cannot resist the thought that the best way of finding out is to partake in the experience ourselves. Therefore, whenever I am street-heeling, I find myself thinking "So this is the sensation that all these lovely ladies are experiencing" and I can relate to them all the more! i.e. Much as I enjoy my street-heeling, it has always remained secondary to admiring girls in heels and secondary to loving the great lady I'm with! There's nothing in the world to beat wonderful ladies and, if we're really lucky - a wonderful lady in heels too!

I hope these little thoughts might help explain why there seem to be a good number of straight guys like me who are drawn to wear high heels without being gay or effeminite or transgendered or TVs or cross-dressers or drag queens etc. etc. etc. Of course, there are guys from all of those categories on these forums who very understandably wear high heels. Also, there are some guys appear to wear heels purely for non-sexual fashion reasons. but seeing that there does appear to be a large percentage of straight, heel-wearing guys on these forums, this guy from Bristol would be interested in hearing whether his attempt an an explanation rings true for any other straight guys-in-heels. (???)

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Wow, that's an impressive collection of shoes. Many years ago I had a large collection but I had to purge due to the wife. Yours bring back memories. I'd better go get some plain black pumps/courts. :D

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

• 2 weeks later...

Heelfan:-) That certainly is an impressive collection of shoes and boots. My collection is pitifully small right now as I just recently had to get rid of a major portion of it for the following reasons:--- 1. A good portion of the collection I had for quite a number of years and were worn beyond use. 2. My foot size had increased slightly over a period of time and they were too tight to wear any length of time. 3. I can no longer balance on stilettos and all of the pairs that I got rid of were stilettos, to slowly be replaced with chunky heeled shoes and boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hello Warren and Dawn! Warren - sorry to hear you had to have a purge. I've had two or three over the years, although not forced by my wife, but simply due to too many shoes. But I'm back again to over eighty pairs! Isn't that terrible! Dawn, sorry to read that your stiletto days are over. Still, looking on the bright side, chunkies are great for street-heeling. Judging by your enthusiastic postings, at the age of 69 (?) you are still thoroughly enjoying the world of high heels generally, and that's what life is all about! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan:-) What a collection you have and after Gene's resizing and color adjustment, it really shows just how fantastic your collection is. You say that all of them are used in your street-heeling. How do you ever decide which pair to wear next with so many choices? Thank you for the compliments. I have only been street-heeling for 5 months now. It's great. It's people like you and the other board members postings and my own stubborness to never give up that helps keep me going. Like I said before---I'm going to the bitter end with my heels on. I like that new pair of boots you have got with the unusual quilting pattern, thin stiletto heel, and slightly rounded toe box. I have a pair of knee-boots from New-port News with a quilting in half inch squares all the way up the shafts like that. All leather and very comfortable to wear. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hello Gene, Shy and Dawn! Gene - Many, many thanks for down-sizing Ruthy's picture of my collection! Most kind, and much-appreciated! Shy - Great to read your comment! Dawn - Yes, I'm delighted to read that these Forums spurred you on. They certainly did me when I first discovered them over a year ago. For forty-six years of solo street-heeling I thoughty I was the only one in the world. Then Wham! I discovered this site (now over 1,300 members) and Firefox's and Joak's and Jenny's and Highluc's and Andrew's etc. etc. It has been amazingly reassuring and liberating to find all these kindred spirits, and soon afterwards to meet a good number of them at out periodic UK Heel-Meets, and the Euro-Meet in Paris in February. It has made my forty-seventh year of strewet-heeling infinitely more enjoyable, and it seems that this goes for the rest of you too! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan:-) As I stated elsewhere, I have been wearing heels for 58 years, but only street-heeling for 5 months. I, like you, thought for the longest time that I was alone in the world on this also until I discovered this forum. I lurked for a year so that in my mind I could think that everything was safe to post. Then one evening the wife and I discussed my joining the forum, I picked a name, joined, and started posting and I haven't looked back since. I really enjoy posting to gals and guys from all over the world each evening. I feel that I have made a lot of friends here and I hope that they think of me as a friend also. They have been a big help to me already with their street-heeling experiences and this basically caused me to start street-heeling too. I figured if they could learn to do it---so could I. So I went and got me some chunky heeled boots and got started. The wife and I have just ordered another pair of boots from New-port News today. I will describe them to you all when I get them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

A most impressive collection ideed! You should be proud, Heelfan! :roll:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Jim, Dawn, Jeff and Scotty for the compliments! Sorry Bubba and Mickey that the thread is so wide. As Mickey rightly says, I posted Ruthy's very wide photograph of my collection, and that seems to stretch the whole thread out to the same width. I've been a silly billy, and I'll bring down the wrath of Firefox upon myself! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!